Are there any studies equal to or better than STEM?

Are there any studies equal to or better than STEM?

No.

>better than STEM

There is no level higher than max level.

YES study of world peace is better in terms of making this world a better place for all.

>Are there any studies equal to or better than STEM?
Yes. Self study hard math like a madman.

Music

>people will actually live the rest of their lives doing STEM knowing they will ultimately die and all their knowledge rendered useless and regretting on their deathbed they didn't pursue something they enjoyed or having fun with friends and they will try to kill themselves over their unfulfilling menial work within a college while your wife cheats on you with chad while you drink your problems away writing your thesis on some topic nobody will ever care about and hope to land that faculty position 400 others are applying for

Women's studies

That fucking projection

>hope to land that faculty position 400 others are applying for

It is funny you would say this when in the music industry the situation if a million times more dire.

You see every artist that makes 6 figures or more? For each of them there are over 10 thousand faggots who would want to be in their place and play at shitty places or take a job at Starbucks while they publish their shit on soundcloud.

>knowing they will ultimately die and all their knowledge rendered useless
This shit haunts me every fucking day.

Yes.

To preface, I study biology, english literature, and am getting a minor in Percussion studies with an emphasis on the African drum.

Biology is wonderful, but ultimately it's a series of facts, rules, and ideas to catalogue and label extant phenomena we understand already. If and when I get into med school, it'll be under the recognition that progress is moving out in the field in tendrils of specialization and it is effectively static in the field practically. Same for math, physics, or what have you: the shit of today is the fever dream of a wacko 40 years ago, and qualitatively things will never change.

Literature provides backed up human experience in coherent forms we can use today and learn from, and we can from these experiences change ourselves and how we act and think into something more understanding and greater than we are.

And drums are just fun, please remove stick from anus if you feel you need to justify having a little fun

How do we know this life isn't meant to accrue knowledge. Just because wr watch someone die in an otherwise perceptually brutal physical way doesn't mean we understand anything beyond those moments no matter how unlikely some of us view it.

I didn't even major in it, only minored.

this is true, but much more fun. Even if you don't, you can settle with a nice, fun middle class life. Die happily

I used to be like you faggots thinking I'd change the world with some useless math theory but I just came to the realization that it really is to no point. Do what the fuck makes you happy. And no, don't tell me doing the same math problems over and over are fun.
I may not be rich, but I'm happy.

>dude weed lmao

Looks like we've got a STEM drop-out over here. I bet that behind all that rationalization there's a person who regrets that he will never do anything significant to further human knowledge in this world.

Classics

Based on what criteria?

>Are there any studies equal to or better than STEM?

Only if you get all technical for what purpose you are using to determine "Betterness"

For example, if your goal is wasting money in an unrecoverable black hole of an investment, then humanities is the Way to Go.

>if your goal is wasting money in an unrecoverable black hole of an investment, then humanities is the Way to Go.

But biology isn't STEM

>not being a comfy independent researcher
>not working on the coolest stuff ever while not needing to worry about academic politics

also
>implying anyone regrets not "having fun with friends" on their deathbed

>world peace
underage b&

this

>independent researcher
>2016
You can't even do that in mathematics anymore. You need the mental sparring with other smart people.

kek

please elaborate user

>mfw STEM and have toured overseas with band

>best of both worlds nigga

I think Law and Medicine are equally respectable

(You)

>law

90% of law professionals are parasites who exist for no other reason than to necessitate each others' jobs.