BOTH PLAN TO DO THE FIRST HEAD TRANSPLANT IN 2017

WHICH WILL BE SUCCESSFUL

WHICH WILL BE FIRST?

Other urls found in this thread:

der-postillon.com/2010/08/chirurgen-gelingt-erstmals.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is that Mike on the right ?

so... how is it going to fail?

I think the Russian doctor is a bit wackier, but more interesting, he not only wants to do the head transplant, he claims he can also have the person use the body as their own, walk, move ect.

Chinese doctor is all
>I can keep the head alive but body is just a giant organ
Basically
>You're paralyzed from the neck down but at least you're alive chap

I thought it wasn't possible to connect the nerve endings, so a body will just be a support system for the head. But at least one of the willing patients has a useless atrophied body anyway.

>They compare transplanting a head to creating new life with old parts

lol k.

What patient would agree to have his head transplanted?

What the fuck? What are the benefits, exactly?

Chances are you won't be able to move anyway.

The patient can't move his body, so...

So? What are you winning? Nothing.

You are risking death for nothing.

nice quads

You win the small chance of becoming world renown for being part of a very significant scientific achievement.

A body that is healthier than the shit sack you have now, maybe even one that isn't paralyzed.

people that are already going to die

>people that are already going to die
everyone is going to die

You can't call any outcome of this "success".

Regardless, the host body immune system will ravage the head. The BBB doesn't have much to say about that, ultimately.

not me I'm gonna live forever

>So? What are you winning?
A working body that isn't paralyzed
Getting your name in the books of history as the first man who got a head transplant
An entirely different life

>the host body immune system will ravage the head
Both doctors obviously claim to have workarounds to deal with this. The Italian doc claims to be able to solve the spinal linkage and the immune response problem, but I have my doubts about both.

>A working body that isn't paralyzed
"Hey bud... so we can't fix your broken spine, but we can cut your head off and put it on another body. Then your spine'll work!"

Come on. No one gives a shit about fixing his paralysis and he doesn't either. He's a sacrifice and he knows it.

>Getting your name in the books of history as the first man who got a head transplant
Failed* head transplant.

>An entirely different life
Different body isn't necessarily different life.

Germany is way ahead of ya.

der-postillon.com/2010/08/chirurgen-gelingt-erstmals.html

He wants a life where he can walk around and he risks death for it, ironically death and damaging complications are a risk of literally every surgery, especially when spinal cord is involved.

Your posts are pointless and you are just trying to be a contrarian. Go try to convince him that he should remain completely paralyzed until he's dead rather than taking a risk and go be retarded elsewhere.

i don't think you would even be able to use a new body if you got one in the first place

You're a moron.

Only one way to find out.

How are you going to beat heat death

not an argument

maybe he's entropy and he's just slowly powering up