So \sci\, is mass a vector or not?

It's a 2-tensor

mass times velocity is

Only because velocity is a vector.
Mass is not a vector. Weight is.

>The real numbers are not an [math] \mathbb{R}[/math]-Vector space

but the mug clearly shows that mass is a vector

kek

No it clearly shows that mv is a vector, tard.

mass is a scalar. I learned that in Taylor's.

But scalar times vector is a vector

>So \sci\, is mass a vector or not?

Always.

constant times vector = scaled vector

You guys can't be this fucking stupid, can you?

This thread literally confirms that the majority of Veeky Forums consists of high schoolers and undergrad faggots who just started their BSc and don't know jack shit about anything and are totally mediocre.

Obv. undergrads or lower, post-grads don't have time for this website.

No one has time for this shit. I literally come up here at most once day, usually once per two/three days then I contemplate how shit it is and retry tomorrow.
Sometimes there is one or two good thread or interesting shit where you read the linked article. That's it.

Can you explain this further?

;_;

What is momentum: the thread

I'm getting really sick of seeing this, as if once you graduate college you don't have a single free moment throughout the day to relax.

It maps vectors to vectors

Idk if that's "useful" to physics

So how do you explain the absence of people who completed their degrees here?
like Fermi paradox baka famalam

I'll add "mass" has an angular equivalent which is a 2-tensor. In non rotational frames moment of inertia is mass

The eigenvectors of the mass operator are in the reference frame of the object

They realized that none of the shit Veeky Forums spouts out of it's rotten mouth is true so they left this place.

More precisely there are basically three kinds of people in here:
1. Actually believes the shit he writes here aka retards, average highschoolers, undergrads who know absolutely nothing.
2. The occasional 4chinner who wanders in here.
3. Bunch of trolls who directly trigger 1. and 2. This second group might be people who actually have a degree + job they just don't reveal it. Probably because they know the exact amount of cancer which exists here.

The average age of a Veeky Forums user explains it pretty well.

Neat.
So can you generalize mass, so there is some such thing as a "force" that obeys the third law and [math] f = D_t (mv) [/math]

Yes. Sometimes math is the easier way to learn it.

So you belong to 1 then, figures.

This, mass is a scalar, but mv is a vector.

I usually find myself thinking I'm the one of the highest educated ones here. I just have a BS in math, but it seems to be enough.

Some of us up here just watch and read.

Then get drunk and shitpost like assholes.

>it is rotten mouth
gtfo retard pls

no, it is not. mass is simply mass.

>They realized that none of the shit Veeky Forums spouts out of it's rotten mouth is true so they left this place.
i'm a phd candiate and that's WHY i come here