Selected: i.imgur.com/A96mTQX.jpg/
General: i.imgur.com/r55ODlL.jpg/ i.imgur.com/gNTrDmc.jpg/

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

gen.lib.rus.ec/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Serwabowl

Just picked this up, good book?

Been thinking about writing for a month or two.
After realizing that I will probably not write my postmodern magnum opus at the first try,I decided to settle on a post apoc theme.
And I feel like there are bad spirits looming around,watching these events unfold,making sure I make a mistake.
After a year of elitism,writing genre fiction feels oddly wrong and sinfully wonderful!

ok

Postmodern is a fucking meme, have fun with your book

Daughter of the Empire series with Feist is decent.

Yeah I thought that'd come up. Was more curious about her own novels, in particular "To Ride Hell's Chasm" which is a stand alone.

Well, I picked up most of her The Wars of Light and Shadow, but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I've not seen her others around.

So is there anything else decent with a girl protagonist?
Reading Mistborn right now but blazing through it so I need more.

I've heard it is, but I haven't gotten around to reading it myself yet.

I don't think I've seen this one mentioned before.

Err... I meant this.

>Tower and knife?
Chart user here. Don't touch that book if your life depended on it. It's shit.

>I read somewhere that the main female characters were all based on different aspects of his wife's personality.
Is she bi-... quad-polar? Schizophrenic?

Yeah it's pretty good.

Should I read Jack of Shadows, The Dying Earth (Mazirian the Magician), or Elric of Melniborne next?

I am going to write a fantasy novel and it is going to be great.

I know my purpose in life.

Thank you for your help Veeky Forums.

Make sure to write a western Final Fantasy to become the next Sanderson.

>implying i'm not the one who's going to do that, but in a post-apocalyptic world

How many days? Where's the Bakker bro ?

This is the best post 00' series , if you didn't read it, you are a pleb

What do you noobs think of the Dresden file novels?

they are reddit tier... They where written by a neckbeard

Dying Earth. How much Zelazny have you read?

David Gemmell's Hawk Queen series, you fucking cunt.

How did you find Earth Abides?

I've read the first two and will get around to the third soon. I really enjoyed the first, the second was good as well but didn't capture me as much.

gonna have to beat me to it bro

The card catalog, idiot.

None. Should I start with Lord of Light instead?

The Dunyain had sent him into the world as an assassin. His father has imperiled their isolation, had threatened Ishual, the great sanctuary of their meditations. They had no choice but to send Kellhus, even knowing that they served Moenghus's ends...

So Kellhus has walked the length of Earwa, from the ruined wastes of the north to the raucous cities of the south. Every advantage had been exploited, be it a smile or a thousand fists. Every liability had been minimized. He had learned as much as this world would yield.

He was Dunyain, one of the conditioned. At every turn he followed the Logos, the Shortest Path.

And yet he had come so far.

>2 days until The Great Ordeal
>get hyped

Sorry, I'm a bit late this time.
In case we don't get another thread, thanks for putting up with me /sffg/

Probably. I haven't read Jack of Shadows but I'm told it's a little weaker. Lord of Light is a good choice, as is Nine Princes in Amber. My personal favorite is A Night in the Lonesome October, but it's not nearly as pulpy.

His short stories are also excellent. I've seen For a Breath I Tarry mentioned a few times and I can join in recommending that. Creatures of Light and Darkness is really fun but you probably need a few Zelazny levels to enjoy it.

Thanks for the recs

I see people posting about writing in here sometimes. I don't really think about it that much (since it's just one of my responsibilities), but I'm a game developer and currently basically head writer for our game. The game doesn't have a story, I just came up with the basic lore to put the game in.

Center piece of the lore are the gods, who have no actual physical powers. They can just get messages to people and convince them to do stuff for them. They have managed to do so, various religions which now exist or have existed and died out testament to their wit, basically.

People in that world develop actual magical powers and attribute it to the gods, and don't realize they don't really need them. Thus gods are way overrated as hell but still have major influence in the world by virtue of having all the best words.

The gods are important because the player is one (but this is never stated anywhere, but you can clue it together). It's an idle game so the player doesn't have much direct influence on the game. It seemed like a good conceptual backdrop to explaining why the player just watches other things in the game do everything, instead of doing stuff himself.

The world itself is then filled with various factions and shit that play with this idea of powerless gods. Factions that realize gods are worthless, etc...

Sound interesting?

What do people think about all the Commonwealth Universe novels?

Since its a game...I'm more interested in the gameplay.

Is this an RPG or something? This is important to know since that kinda determines how the story will even play out (defined protag vs blank slate), lore is really just lore, it can be anything.

Will say Dark Souls does it effectively because its lore is like a series of stories within that overall scenario, so you still know actual characters an their struggles throughout the ordeal, although indirectly. Thats what gives it the 'staying power', the characters and their mystery.

Any children's fantasy recs? Is Jonathan Stroud's new series good?

How long until Sanderson is LITERALLY anime?

Is it any good, senpaitachi?

I hope trigger replaces Okada with him.

The first is good for what it is. I think that the second and third genuinely add nothing to the ideas presented in the first.

No idea, I've just read Vampires which was alright, if not exceptional (he's not much for titles, is he?)

What's the consensus?

It's a tough call.

We know Ishterebinth has sided with the Consult, so there's not telling what sorts of fucked up sexual shit is going down once Sorweel's crew gets there. Regardless, the odds are heavily stacked in favor of Sorweel getting cucked multiple times, possibly by skinspies in addition to nonmen erratics. At the very least, we're looking at two, possibly three cuckings in just the next installment of the series, not including your standard NTR and reverse-NTR scenarios.

Betting closes in twenty-four hours.

>Demandred demanded
>Demandred demanded

No, this is it, , fuck you, I'm done. Fuck your embroidered brocaded fucking silks, fuck your useless thousand Sea Folk fucking characters, fuck your braid tuggings and fuck your fucking editor wife.

How did he get away with this shit?

Is it too demanding for you?

That single line convinced me he didn't give a single fuck about the readers. No self respecting writer would have done that.

Artemis Fowl , Charlie Bone, Septimus Heap, Percy Jackson and Rithmatist

Phew. Two and a half hours later, I present you with V2.

It should be intuitively obvious to the casual observer that it's very good writing, actually.

Don't you need like Name of the Wind and stuff in there.

Also, picrelated :}

Is this b8?

And it's just as shitty as before.

>he doesn't into alliteration

Do you just like every book you read or something

Not him but I'm a bit like that, of course i can't like outright trash like Twilight or Harry Potter but short of that I tend to find the good in every book, like "yeah the prose was kind of wonky but I liked the characters" or some such, I always look at the bright side I guess.

In his place I would have gone with "Demandred demanded the man dead"

you're fired

Is WoT worth rereading? It took me from 5th grade through like sophomore year of college to finish it all as they were still rolling out.

Also why is there no Snow Crash in these lists? I just read that thinking it was something of a classic.

no

>why is there no Snow Crash in these lists
nvm, found it on the last link

Why is 'Ring' such a good book? I wish I had a competent understanding of mathematics and physics to truly grasp it but I'm having FUN reading this story.

Mediterranean fantasy, / lit /.
I've finished William Tenn's A Lamp for Medusa and Kutter's The Mask of Circe. Very very nice.
So, at this time my jam is the Greek mythology so I would read a few themed novel. I want to read the prose version of Odyssey. Do you know some another good books?
I would also like to start, sooner or later, the saga of Percy Jackson ... ... Is it worth?

I like Trudi Canavan's stuff, which usually has female protagonists. The Black Magician trilogy is a comfort read for me, must have read it 3 or 4 times.

How did any of you fuckers make it through Jonathan Strange & co?

I gave it a serious fucking try, like hundreds of pages serious, but it never got anywhere. Biggest fantastical element was like turning some road into mud to screw over an army.

Anyway, I gave up. Did I miss out on interesting plot or was it just a history text the whole way

I don't think I understand anything not even enough to ask questions about the thing I'm not understanding so I won't ask anything.

Good post.

Thank you.

Where do you pirate your books?
I've been using gen.lib.rus.ec/ for quite some time now, but they're slow with adding new releases.

You need to add some Alastair Reynolds, you analphabet.

audiobookbay
thepiratebay
good enough for me

Check out the sticky, newfriend.

Mary Renault, The King Must Die. Megan Whalen Turner, The Queen's Thief books. Lloyd Alexander, The Arkadians.

I think I made it on my third try. Yeah, the interesting plot was Norrell making a deal with a fairy and how it tries to screw over everyone, but if the pace during the Peninsular campaign didn't grab you none of it probably would. You could try watching the BBC adaptation.

thank god, finally the shitposting will end while you cucks will indulge your fetish to your heart's content.

I finish everything before I finish almost here. I think one thing that did not work for me, so I did not like or care about one trait. (Stephen was good)

I'm glad Norrell. I do not like about it.

I do not know who to root for.

If it seems like I am a blind LOTR fan or a fan Harry Potter, not all. I love the dust ASOIAF and purity. I find something redeembable about novel of Clarke.

In his daily life.

Should I read Mistborn or Stormlight Archives First?

>first
Only read SA at all, Mistborn is not worth anyones time.

>imblyign

Unholy Consult comes out next year, and the next trilogy soon after that.

I've read 600+ books... do you see 600+ books on that list? I'm recommending things people might like from the books I read and approve. Trust me, there are a LOT of shit books.

If I could harness my autism, I would do what I originally wanted, i.e have a subsection like military, rape, time travel, adventure, hero's journey, etc. But my autism is in no way close to that level of self torture.

>have a subsection like military, rape, time travel, adventure, hero's journey, etc.
>rape

Kinda interested to see this list.

Thank you for your sacrifice

Wait, so out of those 600 the best fucking books you can list are 'The Magician' and fucking 'Dresden Files'? What piles of shit are you reading?

Haven't read him, it's only recently (few years ago) I been reading more scifi, I was predominantly a fantasy man for years.

The list consists of books I personally read, and approve. If I get around to Reynolds and like him, I will add him to the list. Although the books I see yall discuss by him aren't interesting to me, I would try the space rape vampires by Watts though.

Maybe try one of his standalones, or short stories. Also:
>The list consists of books I personally read, and approve
It would be nice if you'd clarify that in the image.

Did you get boners you had to hide? Did you read the prequel?

Illegible

You must have read hundreds of shit fucking books for Trudi Canavan to make the cut.

Fight the good fight user. Charts can only make this place better.

>I'm recommending things people might like from the books I read and approve.
This isn't a "what I like and you should read it" chart, it's a chart to cater to different people, and different likes. Like I said before, If I could arrange it by subsection /sub-genre it would make much more sense, but believe me when I tell you there is a little bit of everything for everyone in there.

Hell there are at least 2 books for the pedo book user.

Is this a containment thread?

I only read 2/3 series from here. I tried that new millennium book from her and it was absolutely shot.

Here have a look at my "library", this shit hasn't been updated in years, I have 100's of books to add, but too lazy to organize.

What is that stupid watermark saying?

When are you reading Orphans of Chaos?

Yes, now get to work!
*whipcrack*

>It would be nice if you'd clarify that in the image.
That seems too ODC, Autistic for my taste to put a disclaimer.
That's like the user who wanted us to put year published, and blurb under the books we recommended.