Less Than Zero

Your thoughts on this book?

I read it a few years ago and while it is by no means a "difficult" book to read I thought it was very enjoyable. I thought the best parts were the protagonist's flashback scenes.

it's fine. nowhere near as good or funny as american psycho.

He has a good mind for set pieces, especially when it comes to shock value. But I didn't find myself buying into his premise of society-wide moral decay. I never got the idea that I was watching something that could happen anywhere outside of a small group of rich kids in the lonely city of LA.

The edgy shock scenes started to get juvenile and tiresome, but not so bad as to be unforgivable.

The characters are probably the most repulsive and bored degenerates I can think of. It was like taking the droogs from CWO and making them angst weighted LA kids who are horrible and so casually violent seemingly naturally. I enjoyed it, but it was no pleasure!

Yeah for as awful as I said they were above, I don't really think it hits much in the way of commentary

A good summer afternoon read, read it last year and really dug it. I usually hate narration in the present tense but it worked really well with this book, gave it a kind of journalistic feel, I guess.

Also Bret's podcast is God tier.

B A D
A
D

>Also Bret's podcast is God tier.
no

this man gets it

What podcasts would you recommend, user

Good try, Liam

University

The privileged point of view bores me.

I like Less Than Zero and Bret Easton Ellis a lot but I get why people don't like it/him.
I can't really be bothered to defend him any more, it's not worth it.

I don't think education is a good suggestion.

>expecting something to be liked by everyone

This is really dumb logic.

I said the exact opposite of this, wtf are you talking about.

Very depressing.

The characters just seem stuck in a hole of filth and degeneracy.

Its strange though that the book struck such a cord with me and stays with me to this day.

*pats head*

that's why you like brett easton ellis

>assuming it's the same person

Learn how to use Veeky Forums.