Does the fourth dimension physically exist?

Does the fourth dimension physically exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

physics.stackexchange.com/questions/146478/have-we-proven-that-higher-dimensions-exist
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So far current mathematical models postulates the theory. We do not know for sure if they do exist in the capacity we theorize, but until evidence is gathered to prove the contrary we can only base our knowledge on what little data we have now.

In other words we don't really know for sure, but data proves it more than it disproves it.

physics.stackexchange.com/questions/146478/have-we-proven-that-higher-dimensions-exist

Wait do you mean four dimensional space instead of four dimensional spacetime?

Then the answer is basically no, we have no evidence of any such geometry existing that is observable to us. It has been studied mathematically and it exists purely in mathematical models.

I doubt we'll ever observe such a geometry if it existed considering our geometrical constraints.

Yes, there are a lot more than 3 dimensions.

>Does the fourth dimension physically exist?

DEFINE THE MOTHEFUCKER!

what the fuck are you even talking about with this fourth dimension shit?

Seriously?

Are these just sciency buzzwords that you think you understand?

Time is a Scalar, you nitwits, not a dimension.

finally someone says it

There is absolutely no evidence of a fourth spatial dimension.

Spacetime is a 4 dimensional manifold with some extra structure on it.

define physically

string theory says there might be 11

or maybe even 26

who knows

Are you retarded? He's talking about a fourth spatial dimension. You can infer as much simply by looking at the OP image.

Imagine you live on a piece of paper. You cannot percieve light hitting the top of the paper, you can only receive light in the 2D surface. Is it possible to know if the paper has depth?

There's no evidence for the third dimension either.

define define

physically define

the last time i took dmt i was visited by small creatures that told me about all the dimensions. i think people might call them machine elves. there are at least 7 dimensions, however they are not what you might imagine them to be, it is much more complex than that. they told me that you can only begin to comprehend the complexity of reality when on dmt or other mind opening drugs. they suggested to mix the dmt with the holy drug peyote next time if i wanted to learn more, which is exactly what i'm planning to do.
mainstream scientists will never understand.

define physically

Define without being physical

let's get physical

physically physical

yes. everything ever thought of exists. next question.

Time

Yeah ask us rather than particle physicists.
Dipshit.

you mean data suggests not proves.

there is no evidence for imaginary things period. i generally hate math and science. they have to believe in fantasy and come up with formulas to have them make "rational" sense.

theoretically physical.

are you going to enlighten the world, user?

In a 4D space you can't distinguish between the 4 orthogonal directions. It's the same reason that right now you're in 3D space and can't distinguish between "the first" and "the second" dimensions. You can freely rotate between them.

No, no 4th dimension. Take a class on linear algebra.

is time real?

physically theoretical

Time is literally just entropy increasing throughout the universe. So yeah, time is real.

All dimensions exist.

Given that [math] \mathbb{R} ^ 3 [/math] has as many elements as [math] \mathbb{R} ^ 4 [/math] we could very easily construct a bijection from 3 dimensions to 4 dimensions and then track positions using 4 spacial coordinates.

It would actually be pretty easy after you construct the bijection.

This implies that maybe the universe could be perfectly 4 dimensional but there is a bijection from [math] \mathbb{R} ^ 4 [/math] to [math] \mathbb{R} ^ 3 [/math] applied to it so that we can only perceive it as 3 dimensionals.

The universe could also be 1 dimensional.

Define:
>dimension
>physically exist
in the proper context

>hurr define define
>define proper
>define context

define proper context

No, it is not just that. Entropy determines the direction of time that we can observe.

There is more to time. I get where you are coming from, but that seems like a groos oversimplification

I mean, in theory, it exists yes. Mathematics doesn't fall apart in the fourth dimension- vector things allow for us to go well above three dimensions and operate on dimensions that can't be visualized.

i get it you guys watched interstellar

LMFAOOOOOOO
do you also believe the earth is flat?

The Earth is flat you autist, fuck off back to /x/ with your round earth theories.

FLATLAND

We can freely move only in 3 orthogonal dimensions. But nothing stops you to use 4D space to describe some physical model of something. Math has tools for it.

Yes it is. You can for example, observe object that pass thought that paper. Or you can measure gravitation caused by objects outside the paper (something we are trying to do at this moment)

(GONE PHYSICAL)