climate.gov/news-features/climate-qa/whats-hottest-earths-ever-been
mises.org/library/skeptics-case
pnas.org/content/107/21/9552.short
youtu.be/Mc_4Z1oiXhY?t=42m40s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

we stop using oil so we don't worry about it

ERS in cars alone would reduce consumption by at least 20%

Kill all non-whites

Use more petroleum so they have to think faster to find ways of producing energy without it.

Stop using oil for fuel and save it for shit we actually need.

And what do you recommend we replace Fuel Oil with? Ethanol? From CORN???

Corn production feeds Monsanto and is one of the most evil types of agriculture, it was never meant to expand past its native range in Mexico, the maize plant is a weed that infests the world with its kerneled presence

>stop using oil

aint gonna happen until we run out.

Why ? Oil companies are the number 1 reason why there is global warming.
We shut them down, dump oil forever, switch to electric technologies and help save the world.

Start by killing yourselves.

Unironically this.

Global warming is good
Global warming will increase agricultural yields by 200% over the next 20 years. I'm not even joking, the plants love it. They want more CO2 and more heat and humidity. The Sahara desert is turning into a rain forest right now because of this increased warming, leading to ocean evaporation, and then rainfall in the tropics. Remember that some circa 350 million years ago, it was 10C hotter than it is now. And the world was a verdant jungle paradise overflowing with life in full splendor

Oh gotta cite my sources too:
news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/07/090731-green-sahara.html
dl.sciencesocieties.org/publications/aj/abstracts/75/5/AJ0750050779
climate.gov/news-features/climate-qa/whats-hottest-earths-ever-been

What is the last thing people will use petrol for before it's all gone? Plastics? Fuel obviously has semi-viable replacements.

Oil companies are the number 4 reason why there is global warming.

The main reason is the reduction of nuclear and hydroelectric power, perpetuated by the same environmentalists who claim to care about the earth, but whose policies have lead to an increase in utilization of coal and oil for energy.

The second reason are government agricultural subsidies leading to unsustainable and extremely wasteful farming and livestock practices.

The third reason is the West's offshoring of carbon emissions to China, 3rd world countries and the Middle East.

>global warming

IRRELEVANT
R .
R .
E .
L .
E
V .
A .
N .
T .

Nice try, Exxon.

And they have a vested interest in making sure we keep using oil for as long as it's available. They have no reason to invest in clean energy until it's an absolute necessity, and only if they can gain a monopoly on it like they have with oil.

You don't just "dump oil forever."

You don't use petrol in plastics

> I'm just gonna get a can of 98 to make some plastics

lol no

its engineers fucking up the world and biologists trying to help it all over again
>explosives become widespread
>red cross founded
>nukes are invented, nuclear plants melted down
>doctors and biologists helped
>global warming
>ecologists trying to help

>It's another episode of "Hey man, why do you kill this cow" while eating a hamburger.

Nice bait 7.5/10 I replied.

after dead dinosaurs comes deep methane

after snowboardhalls we dont need oil in that way

>deep methane
That's going to take a while

Electricity

>literally working in a corn ethanol plant right now, finishing up comissioning and startup of a huge RINS expansion (45 mgpy->~70 mgpy)

But "kerneled presence" gave me a chuckle.

I think EtOH has a pretty big future to play in America Brazil and China. My company is probably 1-2 years out from starting to spit out modular cellulosic facilities. Unfortunately the economics still only work when they're tied to a starch plant, so you still have to use corn to make biofuels, but with the addition of the cellulosic plant to a starch plant you can increase undenatured production by roughly 20-30 mgpy (average 25-40%increase in production across the US fleet) with the addition of a 3-7 MW turbine and no consumption of natural gas.

The final product will be
>~100 total permanent Jobs per facility across rural America(VERY big deal to the Midwest which had nothing else)
>70-130% reduction in GHG emissions for every gallon of traditional gasoline displaced (includes methane in form of natural gas extraction and petroleum refining)
>no consumption of natural gas in the facility, net export of electricity (mild, but huge being there is no intake of electricity) - this ends up being the total energy balance in a very slight surplus (excluding EtOH product energy) and I haven't seen or done the EROEI calculation but it improves it drastically)
>25%+ increase in US ethanol production (currently at around 15 billion gallons which is 10% of us fuel supply)

I have a few entrepreneurial ideas myself to improve the process. Selective lignin decomposition is still seeming to be a pipe dream but a chemist at my university has found some promising results on selective decomposition to phenolic compounds as high as 55% selectivity, so we might even be able to make a few polymer feedstocks, which could further offset GHG emissions.

Currently my company just burns the lignin in a solid fuel boiler to offset energy needs.

Tbqh, biofuels has a pretty bright future in the US.

Dodge the problem entirely

>Bump up nuclear, solar, and tiny bits of whatever other renewable energy production methods are convenient

>throw as much money at fusion as possible until it eventually starts working in 30 or 40 years

>Electric cars, electric cars everywhere

>hyper convenient mass transportation where possible

>start introducing degradable plastics into products that don't have to last forever

>manmade global warming
mises.org/library/skeptics-case

>And the world was a verdant jungle paradise overflowing with life in full splendor

You know that if the world warmed 10 C, probably over half of the land's surface area would be rendered uninhabitable to advanced animals right? Like literally everything would die to heat stroke

Biology of fauna 350mya =/= biology of fauna today

Source: pnas.org/content/107/21/9552.short

Now, you might say "we can just migrate to cooler areas" but the reality is you can't go higher than Everest or further than the North and South Poles.

>Global warming will increase agricultural yields by 200% over the next 20 years.
> I'm not even joking

You are joking

>Be on Veeky Forums
>link to a political/economics think tank
>Mon visage quand

kek you should be worrying about peak demand, not peak supply...

kek

youtu.be/Mc_4Z1oiXhY?t=42m40s

go back in time and make more oil

You can't stop peak oil. It's guaranteed to happen. The only questions are when, and how bad will it be when it happens.

(I know theres going to be some autist who points this out: yes you could theoretically prevent peak oil by making more oil out of CO2, but that's fucking stupid)

use more oil.

peak oil will happen so quickly that its as if it never happened at all.

>the maize plant is a weed that infests the world with its kerneled presence
Funniest sentence I've ever read