What is your favorite short story book?

What is your favorite short story book?

>my pick

Yeah, Oblivion is mine. I have to reread GWCH soon. It is probably my least favorite of everything he wrote (Both Flesh and Not is close though). I didn't hate it. And some stories were better than others. If you can get over his showboating (and to enjoy Wallace you kind of have to) Westward is awesome. It just didn't hit me as hard as his other stuff. Broom was less "profound" or whatever, but it was comfy and hilarious throughout.

>these people are serious
ahhhhh

Brief Interviews was better.

Same guy here. I thought we were just talking about Wallace. My b.

Either the Borges collection (cop-out), or The Night In Question.

Etgar Keret also has some great collections. If you like Kafka and Borges and can deal with a more minimalist approach, give him a try.

God, I hate when critics say such over-the-top things about books. It just makes the let-down after having finished the book that much worse.

Eleven Kinds of Loneliness, Richard Yates.

Last Evenings on Earth I would say. I also love Vollmann's Thirteen Stories and Thirteen Epitaphs, though it's hit or miss. The hits are favorite stories of mine while the misses are... Bad.

Pic related is probably the most consistent short story collection I've ever read.

Both Flesh and Not was one of my favorites tbqh.

Any collection of Alice Munro's.

Toss up between Petersburg Tales by Gogol and Ficciones by Borges.

Everything That Rises Must Converge by Flannery O'Connor

First picked it up because Jacob was reading it in an episode of Lost. Truly feels like a gift from God.

Laughter in the Dark also appears on the show

Of mice and men

How come has nobody said this yet??

Because you're a sub-90 IQ ape.

That's a novella, not a short story collection.

In the Heart of the Heart of the Country, William H. Gass

What was your favorite? I'm