Writing Routine

Do you stick to a writing routine?
Do you write when the sun's up or when the sky is pitch black?

> ITT: Writing Routines
> ITT: Writing tips & tricks

Just recently I found a blank notebook somewhere under all my books for school etc., and I had read about how beneficial it is to practice handwriting - relating to memory, brain function and not become as senile as you might become later on. So, since being an introverted fuck like I am, I declared the notebook for brainstorming and pondering of various subjects, even story ideas if any happen to come into my dull mind, and just basic conversing about stuff that's in my mind. I believe it helps to relieve stress or resembles the idea of talking it out with someone, if that someone isn't available. I also try to write in English, so I might at some point become completely fluent in it, for it isn't my native tongue. I write whenever I have the time.

Where are you from introvert fellow? I'm curious.

Post scriptum: is this blank notebook working for you? I fear to sully my notebooks, but on the other hand I really can't write on OpenOffice.
I've to dismantle my mind and I've to build an effective writing routine. I really fear EVERYTHING.

>Belgian girl naked
Good.
>Reading Watchmen
Hold on
>Browing reddit
kys

She's browsing Flickr. Btw, thank you for your contribute, I think this will help so many Veeky Forumserates and authors all around the globe.
Would you mind if you go fuck yourself? :)

Finland, the land of introverts. I've only written perhaps 12 pages on it, but I feel like it is relieving and helps my mind work more effectively. I use OpenOffice as well, but writing on a laptop creates a lot of distractions, and I found that handwriting removes them, if you get what I mean. I too fear to spoil a notebook, but I recommend getting the cheapest one you can find, start to write with that, don't worry about sullying, and I believe in a while ideas for writing etc., may start to make faster progress in your mind, and then when an idea starts to look like a good story, just open your laptop and finish it there.

Wake up at 6am
Coffee
Run
Write
Shower and head out to work

30 minutes on, 5 minutes petting dogs/meditating, 6 hours a day minimum.

I'm published though, so its kind of my job at this point.

Treat something like a craft long enough and it will bear fruit.

Two out of three ain't bad.

How much time you pledge to the art of writing?
Finnish is an awesome language. Can you post a picture of your pages? I am very curious about them :)
Btw, thank you for your advice. I'll buy a cheap notebook and I'll write there :)

Do you stick to a schedule?
I've an online independent publisher, but I can't complete my book. And the deadline was a long time ago.

Doesn't look like Watchmen at all either, you're 2/3 full of shit

Forgot to mention, one of the reasons for the notebook was to better my handwriting but so far that hasn't been working out too well.

Apparently Veeky Forums doesn't want me to post the picture, but you wouldn't have understood any of it anyways

Shit, you're right.
Is she Belgian at least?

>get idea for story
>outline the themes and general plot in several text files
>get excited about the prospect of creating my own story
>never write it

No, she's French. The blonde hair threw me. My bad.

Mostly I go out to the library or a cafe (inb4hipsterfaggot) around noon and handwrite till about 5-6pm. This is only after I have a clear, detailed outline and/or know exactly what direction I want to go in with a book. On average I get about 1.5 pages or roughly 750 words written each day I do this, which I know isn't a lot, but is the most I can write in one sitting without it becoming incoherent gibberish. I'll sometimes start up again a second time around 9pm or so and maybe get to 2.5 pages for the day (roughly 1250 words on average in my handwriting) by 2am.

wake up
regret waking up

>wake up
>have coffee
>wander around Paris for a little while
>go to my favorite coffee shop (quiet, no one around)
>try to avoid this Jewish hack """critic""" that keeps following me (can't write for shit)
>spend 4hrs writing
>look down and I've only written a single paragraph, and it's awful
>have a small lunch with cheap watered wine to cheer me up
>borrow the Garrett Crime and Punishment from the bookstore but never read it
>skulk around with Fitzgerald and spy on Joyce.. I wonder what he's up to?
>go home and try to add a little color to my paragraph
>2hrs later and it's still trash
>realize that Pound, Joyce, and Eliot will always be superior writers
>even Fitzgerald has abandoned me
>act too cool to care even though I'm dead inside
>mfw

Thank you for that.

Spending enough time not reading to know what flickr looks like. KYS

>spending enough time not reading to know what flickr is. you know what to do buddy

>Do you stick to a writing routine?
No, what I am a drone? I do have writing on my mind most of the time, write down notes everywhere, sketch shit while at lectures or when home but I only do the actual writing when I feel like it. (Or when I remember that my future is fucked if I don't get published already, love the extra pressure tbqh) When I get to it, I work in 12h bursts that end from 1 to 8 000 words.

>Do you write when the sun's up or when the sky is pitch black?
How about both? Although my most productive time is probably between 11pm and 9am.

Handwriting has many benefits indeed, makes you a lot closer to the work too, wish I could bring myself to do it beyond notes.

>outline the themes and general plot in several text files
You probably spend too much time on that.

Many writer followed a routine (e.g. Mann) or a complex writing process with multiple files as this fellow user (e.g. Kafka, which used sheets and cardboards, but we can call them "files").

I act as sociable as I can, but I'm a shy person, that means I'm not cool in cafes or at the library.
I'll try to explain why this doesn't fit me:
A girl approaches: "What are you doing?", she smiles, - What am I supposed to say? I'm writing a book, I'm studying, I'm trying not hang myself because of your question, what's the right answer - "Are you ok?" "Yes, I am, I'm... overthinking".

Does Veeky Forums speak acronyms? Stop those KYS, quit being a meme, and start write your routine. I made this thread with the purpouse of teach myself how to stay productive and write as much as I can. Thank to your posts I learned what to do not.

I can count the number of times I've been approached about it on one hand. For the most part no one cares.

Thanks a lot OP my boss just fired me you prick

Seriously. Is there any way to collapse or hide threads on the Mimi app?

Hem didn't give a shit about those pussies. While they spent their days whining about their sorry existences my boy was busy going to pound town.

>immerse in relevant literature/research for project
>wait for one of those moments where your brain does a freewheeling coleridgian fancy / einsteinian speculation / koestlerian bissociation eurueka moment thing
>slip through one of the invisible cracks in the ossified semantic formulations of the problem and down into the raw conceptual substratum where the actual pre-linguistic discontinuities and real essences of the topic are
>try to continue hermeneutically inducting into the mindset of the great thinkers who have made breakthroughs on the issue now that you've accidentally stumbled into the realm that they were inhabiting
>stop and write everything down
>try to capture as much as possible of the flash of inspiration and what caused it so you can re-trigger
>develop insight's note/fragment as much as possible
>wait until you have sufficiently many of them to be an essay
>either glue them together, or hope that having enough of these building blocks ends up creating a holism that is greater than the sum of its parts and allows you to take the issue to a new level

This is a blue board fagget, better delete and remake before the mods do it for you.

I'm trying to have a routine. Participating Nanowrimo has helped me figure out how to devote my time to writing.

I do want a better on screen keyboard application. My fingers are long like pianist's fingers so the thin kindle fire keyboard doesn't work well for me.

For the nude girl or because you were browsing Veeky Forums at work.

Anyway I'm closing it and making a new thread following his advice

>forming sentences