Can I Read The Meme Trilogy?

I'm a 10th grader with fairly good grades. I also read often. Am I smart enough to read the Meme trilogy, or will it go over my head?

if you have to ask it means you're a pseud

so no

>10th grade
>haven't done seven thorough annotated readings of Ulysses and recorded all of your annotations on a video cassette

are you even trying

yeah but why would you want to

I heard they were good

well...is that your only criteria? bc there's lots of good books.

don't do it if you're just trying to join the Veeky Forums club is what I'm saying. you're a pseud faggot if you do, you're a pseud faggot if you don't.

I read GR fine when I was 16. I probably missed out on a lot, but it was still a fulfilling experience.

It is amazing how retards pickup random fiction books and call them a Trilogy you must read without actually knowing why.

you'll miss out on some things but theres no reason to not try. [not memeing] i think you should start with IJ

>the Meme trilogy

Can someone please, for the love of Kant, provide an actual, coherent definition to whatever the fuck that means?

>fairly good

It's when you read Infinite Jest three times. It's such a dense and complex narrative that it's a different experience each time you read it. Hence the "meme" trilogy

You can read whatever the hell you want. Just as long as you reread them as you age and grow wiser... Also grades and the idea of being "smart" don't mean shit just a heads up. As a long as you like literature or whatever you're doing you can do it. If you're doing something cause you think it'll make you smart or look smart or whatever you'll fail.

Wait until freshman year of college and read V., not GR

>10th grader
MODS

If he is in the 10th grade he won't even know what a video cassette is pseud

it's a meme bro

>mfw this is actually true

Why would that disgust anybody? Times change.

OP, just read them. Things will go over your head, yes, but it will make re-reading them 5 years from now very rewarding.

Just be humble in your interpretations of the books. (Don't be that stuck up shit who namedrops these books). A lot of shit you won't get this time around. Seems like you're already cognizant of that, so that's good.

...this place is full of a bunch of 20 year olds who for some reason hate younger people for not living in the same time period as them...as if that would improve their pathetic Veeky Forums lives.

yeah basically except I hate older people and people my age too

Why do you even live?

If you're in 10th grade you're not old enough to be on this board.

>it's a millennial speaks in 3rd person and criticizes millennials as if he's not a millennial: episode

to watch the impeding climate wars and eventual replacement of mankind by machine intelligence from the comfort of my neet cave.

It's just Veeky Forums

if it's blue its not 18+

the more you know

frankly anyone over 10th grade is too old to be on this board, and I'm including myself

>It's a pseud thinks generational analysis is even remotely useful or informative episode

frankly everyone living should be dead, and I'm including myself

>current_year
>not knowing about technology older than from your childhood
I think you're the one who's making offense here, you narcissistic early Gen Y-er.

>It's a "Back in my day things were different and people were better people!" episode

First off, if you're under like 35, you're considered a millennial. Second off, every generation has it's share of retards and good people. You can't just lump an entire generation into one category and call it shit. Because the same retards in this generation were there in your generation (Which is probably the millennial generation because you're under 35)

>implying you won't be part of the beta uprising

it will happen to you

Nice reading comprehension. Neither of you seem to understand my post.

Yeah but your post was criticizing someone who said generational lines don't matter, so I took that as you criticizing that point, so I criticized it.

Can't speak to Ulysses, but IJ and GR, I'd suggest waiting. I'm guessing they may bore you and their more impactful points will sail over your very inexperienced head. While you may be capable of reading them and completing them, the real power in GR and IJ is on an empathetic level. If you read them before you've lived and experienced both the struggle of life and the corruption of most institutions, you'll possibly find it difficult to connect, find them uninteresting and perhaps neglect to read them in a more experienced phase of life at which you could have your life transformed as a result of reading them.

Read the meme trilogy now and be a pseudo.

Pic related is only thing you should read, read it all and don't skip a book or you'll be a pseudo.

Don't want to read the Greeks? Get the fuck out you pseudo.

pic didn't upload

Obviously read GR and IJ too young.

this is obviously incorrect asshole
MODS MODS MODS

you haven't read them apparently

No. I would read other major modernists for a few more years before trying any of these novels. Conrad, Hemmingway, and Woolf are very good.