Race and Intelligence

...does race play a role in intelligence?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.mit.edu/fustflum/documents/papers/AshkenaziIQ.jbiosocsci.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, but it plays a role in class, which plays a role in intelligence

I think so. The people who win races are usually smart.

How many times are we gonna do this Veeky Forums?

Yes, ancestry plays a role in intelligence and a given population will over time have an clustering of certain genes, leading to the concept of racial intelligence.

Maybe. Possibly. We don't know conclusively, yet. End of story.

Without a doubt. It is just hard to accept for most people.

No such thing as races, but exists populations.

Also yes there are differences in IQ between populations.

/soc/ or /b/

yes.

there is a good amount of evidence and research to show that ashkenazi jews have a mean IQ of 108-115 (the highest of any ethnic group)for genetic reasons, which is summarised in this paper

web.mit.edu/fustflum/documents/papers/AshkenaziIQ.jbiosocsci.pdf

>Implying IQ means anything
psychology isn't science.

if it doesn't mean anything, then I suppose if you were deciding on a group of 100 people to train as doctors (or engineers or accountants or politicians or bankers if you wish) and your choice was between a group of 100 people who all scored 80 on IQ tests and a group of 100 people who all scored 130 on IQ tests you would have no preference?

yeah exactly.

Owned, you dishonest dipshit

He got 0wn3d.

does P(iq > m) != P(iq > m | Race)?

yes

Yes I would have a preference based on their years of experience, interviews and recommendations, not some retarded arbitrary psychologic test they took.

BTFO

Damn, so much autism.

Anyway, IQ doesn't measure intelligence. You can have a very high IQ and have terrible grades plus no will to study or work, which results in poor knowledge. Some autistic kids have very high IQ's but I'd never choose them for jobs like doctors, engineers, accountants, bankers. Politicians maybe.

and your preference would then present a likely correlation with higher iq
do you know the type of stuff they put on iq tests? if they're scoring 80 on it they're probably literally unable to perform the complex tasks necessary for these jobs regardless of how arbitrary you think these tests are.
how do you even do this, all of this is wrong. why the fuck yall niggas even on sci

>and your preference would then present a likely correlation with higher iq
Citation needed.

supposing they were all beginners and the only other information you had about them was that one group scored 80 on IQ tests and the other group scored 130 on IQ tests.

You're really going to try and pretend that this is not relevant information and that the group of 100 with Iqs of 80 are expected to be just as good doctors as the group with IQs of 130 ?

wow lmao you're so butthurt that you're really going to dig in to this intellectually dishonest, clearly indefensible position. It's like "well so what if my brain is unable to infer and understand simple relationships while that other person's brain is quite easily able to infer and understand the same relationships I could not and can infer and understand much more complicated relationships? I'd make just as good a doctor because I've told myself that IQis arbitrary and so doesn't mean anything"
hahahha what a butthurt loser.

Let me bring you back to reality, you delusional, butthurt simpleton.

The group of people with IQs of 80 would be terrible doctors.
most of them would be unable to pass the basic GMAT or other entrance exams. Nearly all of them would drop out.
If ou went to any hospital and tested the IQ of teh doctors there their mean IQ would be at least 110. And basically none of them would have an IQ of 80.
The obvious reason for this is that if your brain is too handicapped and stupid to infer an understand patterns then it is too stupid to learn and understand vast quantities of knowledge about the human body, pharmacology, molecular biology, immunology, medical equipment and medical procedures.

So no, IQ is not meaningless. Sorry to break it to you, retard.

Don't make me own you a third time.

fallacious argument. you're trying to argue that because high IQ is not sufficient for competence as a doctor (e.g. because of lack of motivation to try) that therefore IQ is meaningless.
However what my example does show is that high IQ is necessary for competence as a doctor.

That doesn't mean IQ is the most relevant attribute though, it's only being used as the basis for decision making because we don't have any other information. I'd likewise prefer 100 rich people over 100 poor people, but that doesn't mean wealth is a measure of intelligence.

yes and no depends on how racist you are. lol.
maybe science isn't the place to apply ideals, but at the end of the day intelligence is the ability to acquire knowledge and apply it, so really anyone can be intelligent. why is there a boundary to how intelligent someone is when there is consciousness. life is simply intelligent in itself. look at evolution. humans are the only ones capable of gauging those things and applying a judgement to how much time they have to get to work, but at the end of the day, this isn't a subject that should be ventured into and further add prejudices and gauges to what we should expect from each other. I now expect for large amounts of hatred to come in for speaking against injustices. I EXPECT that. intelligent? yes.

do a thought experiment.

if you were an unbiased alien and you were made aware of the information that humans had a test where you had to infer and understand relationships in order to predict what came next under that relationship, and if the results of these tests lined up really , really well with how good that human's brain was at learning and understanding new things and concepts and manipulating those concepts and solving problems with their brain, would you in that situation as that alien say that it was more likely that IQ tests did measure intelligence or more likely that they did not measure intelligence?

this is really, really easy but you're so biased because you've passively listened to enough dishonest experts on tv claim " IQ doesn't mean anything because what about artistic ability??" and other dishonest and inaccurate crap that your brain is not working properly.

try looking at things from an unbised , neutral perspective or else you'll be as tragic as some kid in hollywood who believes in scientology ecause his parents raised him to.

IQ does measure intelligence. Inferring and understanding relationships is the most fundamental skill humans need to successfully model their environment and conceive ways to manipulate their environment to their advantage (solve problems with their brains). Inferring and understanding relationships is what you're doing when you spot a pattern in a Raven's progressive matrix question in an IQ test and predict what will come next.

Like I said this is REALLY OBVIOUS people. you should feel embarrassed that I'm having to actually tell you this when it is so obvious.

Does genetics play a role in intelligence?
Does species play a role in intelligence?
Does species depend on genetics?
Is race the grouping of people by similar characteristics?
Does characteristics depend on genetics?
Is intelligence a characteristic?