Your age

>your age

>your job

>your Veeky Forums related ambition

N/A - Studying Marketing

I want to write a good book

>32

>Unemployed

>I want to write a book so ugly, so painful, that people will be scared to finish it or even recommend it to other people

>20

>NEET

>Hoping to die soon, otherwise have an attractive literary gf

I'm an unattractive male with an average intelligence. Being near people makes me anxious, even when it's my family. The loneliness makes me want to weep.

>20
>work at home depo

>write a realistic dark urban fantasy

NEET

Would like to make films or write short stories but will probably never happen.

>18.
>College student.
>Impart my lit knowledge upon my future kids so they dont grow up to be plebs.

writing short stories isnt some teethpulling task, just write and improve

>29
>teacher
>read more and find happiness

Teacher where?

What's it like being 29?

Yeah, my main aspiration is filmmaking and i'm a lazy piece of shit. I'm improving slowly though.

Teacher in Russia. Being 29 is ok, I'd say. The hangovers are getting worse and there are loads of people being younger, better looking and more optimistic. On the other side I'm getting married and actually don't feel too bad about it. Everything could be worse.

>23

>I won't say exactly but basically it's a minimum wage outdoor job that fluctuates between full-time and part-time. It's currently part-time and I'm using my free time to read a shit load, minimum 100 pages a day. Currently going through Gravity's Rainbow and it's awesome. By the time I finish it will be full-time and I'll make lots of money to help support me when I try to become a:

>freelance writer of any kind - that's my short term goal: to work from home, writing, in my own time. My long term goal is the same thing only the writing is creative.

>23
>uni student
>get over my fear of writing

I don't even know why, but whenever I sit down to write I get anxious as fuck.

My anxiety prevents me from going to any other board besides Veeky Forums.

Work at a library
Find someone who would critically look at my sole writing effort

I have tried the critique thread and get no replies. There is a writing club on meetup in my city though so maybe I will try that.

Are you doing a Masters or PhD?

If you need any critical feedback your work is probably terrible.

>19

>student/tutor

>publish novels and/or be a literature professor

dont. its done. an author in estonia is currently in court because of it. not even kidding. also
>sade

Student
To become a meme philosopher, and a philosopher of memes

>25
>student /summer job in a supermarket to make ends meet
Studying to become an English teacher in France (I'm French)

How come you're doing that at 25? What are the ages of the people you are studying with?

Could you greentext your life since you turned 18 please?

>21
>N/A - studying philosophy / liberal arts
>want to become a scholar

>20
>student/part-time waiter
>reviving the bohème lifestyle

>26
>test grader, TA, proofreader
>finish a lit PhD and teach lit, finish some translations and have them published, get an academic book or two published, try to keep a 2:1 conference:publication ratio, have a full-room library with a collection of art/items

>27
>Woodworker/finish carpentry
>I want to write something good enough to be in the Canadian canon

>
>>>Poker Player
>>>Write only 1 Book and have the uppity MFA jerk offs celebrate me, just for me to reveal to them that it was all a meme.

>18
>student/2 part time jobs at call centre and sandwich shop
>to host a homoerotic drinking party at which my friends and I discuss the nature of love

>22

>Aerospace engineer

>Write a book that gets univerisally well-received (be it that title be granted when I'm alive or posthumously) so that my life would've at least had some meaning

>21

>Neet

>To improve on my knowledge on all things related to literature and philosophy because right now I am a flaming pseud who just quit videogames and now just lurks Veeky Forums to get gist of being more experienced in such an elite subject matter is. Maybe one day I will put my ideas for my own stories on paper, but as far as I know concepts and stories don't mean shit and it's all about how much effort and "literary qualities" you put in it. Also an ambition I guess is to not write so fucking purple.

Full stack Developer
Read great scifi

A bit boring but I'm happy

I'm a licensed insurance agent that works at a call center

I want to read more. I have a BA in English but I kind of phoned in my degree. I regret it now that I'm out of college doing a job that I hate but that pays too well to find anything else. I'd like to get in to teaching, but the student teach requirement is going to be hard to meet now Tgat I work full-time and have bills to pay.

Chef user

Finish my book, also build some support for my podcast which features my friend and I talking shit about history whilst stoned.

butcher
read, maybe someday i would like to write a book, the plot and themes become more clear every year, i've already write some line here and there.

>tfw can't talk about books/literature irl for not sounding pretentious. It's hard to live in a "no books" enviroment.

>20
>writer
>get blacklisted

Biochemistry student, part time model

I want to write my fantasy novel that I've had plans for since I was a teen

> 18
> studying
> write a young adult book and get a lot of money so that I can repay my parents and thank them for everything before I kill myself

>25
>funemployed
>get some recognition for my poetry and stories.

medical deliveries

i want to develop a comprehensive, secular philosophy that tackles political, religious, social, communal, developmental, and psychological issues by asking the question "what is healthy?" I want to get to the core of these issues and offer a "best practices" overview that will guide people on the broader issues that stem from this core. the bible served this function for the past 2 millennia, but we've entered an age where that's not enough for the masses anymore. I hope to have a relatively short, concise core text, with as much additional literature as necessary going over relevant issues of the day and expanding on the ideas in more detail.

ideally, this would be put together by a like-minded group of people more insightful, intelligent and hardworking than me, but I can't make that happen. maybe I can just spread the meme that this needs to be done and hope someone else picks up on it. :)

No need to stop vidya, just stop playing bad games.

>21
>Student for geology/Walmart Associate
>Get something published

Any good game recommendations?

Funny Pizza Land

I'm same age and a software engineer. I enjoy writing software but feel like my life is meaningless and I'm surrounded by nonlit retards. Any advice?

Make a video game.

vidya games feel like a waste of time too

Crypt Worlds
Yume Nikki
Goblet Grotto
Foreverhood
ZanZan
Space Funeral
OFF
Hylics
Funny Pizza Land
Harvester
Exploding Lips

idk man, to me the bible seems still good

thanks, this is awesome

that poster? ALBERT EINSTEIN

>22
>Ivy comp lit student
>Pioneer a new hermeneutic theory; publish a magazine as successful as Partisan Review

how do you discover more of these types of games

Civ4 with mods still does the trick for me.

>is a great source of wisdom etc.
That's not what it says.

Just read my diary mang

I'm a 3D animator. I've been reading since I was little and am thankful for the visual library it has provided for my job. My favorite books are Frankenstein and Dracula and other scary stuff by Meyrink and Perutz. I'm writing screenplays for film ideas for fun, that's the only thing I write, because I'm a strong visual person.

I meditate on the Five Seals until the Old Ones answer my call. An ebony maw opens in the darkness and I hear the sound of a thousand crows, their wretched cawing filling the room lik an auditory plague. And then a black tongue emerges from the maw, tasting the air and searching for flesh. I hold up the sacrifice of a freshly-killed goat and hope that my meager offering will satisfy and the darkness does not consume me instead. It pauses before consuming the beast I bring before it and satisfied, it begins to speak with six voices that fill my mind with the terrible knowledge, bringing me close to madness. Once I have managed to regain my tenuous grip on sanity over countless days or even months, I find myself drawn to these games like a moth to a flame, both allured by the light yet afraid of the inevitable fiery demise.

>22
>starbucks barista
>want to write books and live a life of ease off the royalties. not talking like rich gabillionaire faggotry. just a life where I can provide for my family, go travel for months, and enjoy peace and quiet away from the chaos of the world.

PJ...?

>22
>data entry
>not feel so burnt out after work so that I can actually read when I get home

literally me

Developer at DoD
Get published - currently writing a novel, but it's exhausting for some reason

>DoD

Are you going to be the next Clancy and write military novels?

No, I'm not PJ.

BJ?

Veeky Forumserally* me

No, that's gay

It's a medieval fantasy, which is gayer

Hey, what's wrong with medieval fantasy?

No, thanks.

Who? What book?

Very late answer, sorry, I was at work fucking up my spine

>be 18
>be top of my class in HS in pretty much every subject, graduate Baccalauréat (equivalent to the A-level) with a ridiculous score, can't decide what to do with my life
>Fall for the STEM meme
>Do a two-year hardcore undergrad preparation for the Engineering school access exams (very specific to France)
>Do mildly well, be allowed in quite a good School of Chem
>OhgodIhatechemistrywhathaveIdone
>Spend most of my time partying, fail the first year exams, get expelled
>Feel like I have to go on with my Chem studies somehow, commitment and all that (worst decision of my life)
>Enter state uni, get my bachelor's degree very easily
>Do shit at my masters, redo my first year, pass the first semester of my second year
>Fail the second semester due to heavy depression (it was basically a 6 month internship in Wales)
>By this time, I have spent a year abroad (2*6-months internships)
>be fluent in English
>always loved English lit and linguistics in general
>Decide to be a teacher
>State uni back in France allows to enter directly as a third-year Bachelor student (I wanted to enter the Masters programme directly but they didn't let me)
>State unis are shit, I top my class very easily due to being much more mature and cultured than my fellow students (not trying to be cocky or anything, the level in state unis is horrendous)
I initially wanted to go the easy way and pass the exam for HS teachers but my results last year boosted my confidence enough for me to try and attempt the exam for Uni teachers (much more difficult but so much worth it). I hope I won't fail like I have pretty much all my adult life.

Tl;dr I fell for the STEM meme even though I had no passion for Chemistry and ended up hating it.
But in France you always get second chances because Uni fares are ludicrously low
Had I been American I would probably be a bum by now

>20
>neet
>to read a book once

You should read Nausea by Sartre if you haven't already. I wouldn't be surprised if you have, given your conclusion for a meaningful life.

Makes me jelly as fuck. I kinda did the same thing. Undergrad in biochemistry even though I hated it.

Wish I could go back and study linguistics, eng lit and philosophy. But tuition is too expensive, even in Canada.

I think I would like teaching but it's one of those things i think where the fantasy of it would be much better than the reality.

22 y.o.

Librarian assistant, currently. Currently working my master's in Library Science, plan to get a second one in Public Administration. I'd like to be executive director for the whole county someday.

I guess I don't really have any Veeky Forums dreams. No writer's aspirations. I'm content working through a career surrounded by books and open-access information.

1) Lawyer
2) Teach a latin class at 7am local school, and a philosophy class after work at 4.

I want to start a small private school at some point, so I'm trying to learn the 'trade' by teaching at one.

>I think I would like teaching but it's one of those things i think where the fantasy of it would be much better than the reality.

Slightly afraid of this. That's why I'm going for the Uni teacher option, I'm not sure I'd have the patience necessary to teach middle and high schoolers

I do realise I'm lucky to be French. Our country is far from perfect but free healthcare and almost no uni fares is a luxury we should show eternal gratitude for

Don't drop your studies like I did, you'd probably regret it. Get your degree and consider a reorientation once you've managed to earn enough for the tuition. It's never too lat. Alternatively, come study in France, I don't think tuition is that expansive even for foreigners, France most likely has agreements with Canada

>40
>elevator installation tech "liftkun"
>continue to publish books in space opera series (book 2 due out late August)

>felt the need to point out he's at an ivy

you're never gonna make it pseudlet.

jealous

40 is not bad, how areyou holding up?
What's actually the oldest poster who showed up on Veeky Forums? I think we had a guy in his fifties once in a german thread.

Forklift driver.

To read a lot of pretty books and maybe write a pretty book with pretty prose myself.

Where in Wales m8?

Yes but it's like 8 euros for a soda there. tres chic pour moi.

>18
>N/A-Studying pre-Nursing
>Want to get around to reading all of Michel Foucault's books eventually

Good luck Gaskun :3

>studying philosophy / liberal arts
Oh, my poor boy.

>23
>Researcher (Doing a master's degree in computer and electronic engineering)
>I want to read enough to one day feel intelligent.

You'll never feel intelligent with that dream.

>20
>English lit, retail slave
>Publishing work in literary journals or big publishing, maybe stand up comedian

Why do you say that?

Feeling intelligent (and being) is all in your head. If you dream to be intelligent you'll be a pseud.

>25
>Copywriter
>Fuck off to another country and write for a while.

Would attend party.

This is meme.

>high school
>want to go into politics
>publish something