I really enjoyed this series

I really enjoyed this series.
It was so informative on so many subjects.
While still being very interesting and entertaining.
I am really interested in astronomy and history.

Sure some of you might see this as pleb docimentary. But i really liked it.

Anyone who can recommend anything similar?

Other urls found in this thread:

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4688483
geektorrent.com/query/the-story-of-maths/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sadly, there is a significant shortage in scientific documentaries about space and astronomy. Cosmos is okay but I think people around here don't like it so much because it's appealing to a very wide audience including the children, which means it's quite a dumbed down documentary.

Seems silly you cant enjoy something just because its been simplified alittle.

You should definitely see The Ascent of Man by Jacob Bronowsky and Connections by... another guy

I also love The Story of Maths

As a chemist, I really enjoyed it even though a lot of it was rather basic stuff. I know fuck all about astrophysics and astronomy though so it was nice to learn a bit about those subjects.

Thanks user.
I will check it out.

Im not that much into maths though.
Could it still be good for me?

I am glad to see someone else on this board likes it.
Just because it has the meme scientist hosting. It can still be good. ;)

I liked it. Veeky Forums has a hate boner for pop-sci which is mostly just elitist wank

its one of the things that make you be 'into maths'

Carl Sagan was a double agent and an intellectual fraud. He was well aware of the ET presence but sold out to the coverup, SETI included. This man deserves a posthumous unaward.

I love Niel Degrasse Tyson

i don't care if he's a rapist

oh god, the meme-monkeys are here

I am not a meme-monkey

I agree with OP, Cosmos was great and Niel Degrasse Tyson is awesome

But Veeky Forums will call him a rapist, so I am pre-emptively saying that I don't care

no one on Veeky Forums gives a fuck about popsci people, or generally people in divulgation for that matter. even more, they don't give a fuck about SJW nonsense to be throwing "hurr rapist" around.
you're really confused here, and you need to pick your posts better. they're shit.

You seem to have an idealized version of Veeky Forums that's not real

PBS The Fabric of Cosmos - was more interesting and provided more information pet episode.

I suggest watching it, it's worth your time.

Cosmos.. yea I think it's more worth it for kids, most, if not all the information it presents you can catch from either school or reading scientific curiosities online if it's your passion in less time than actually watching the series.

I would say for someone who already is scientific literate, Cosmos is a waste of time...

you already know about the grudge between Newton and Hook?

about Faraday and Penrose?

about Penny and Lemawitz?

To be honest, yea - the history of struggle science went trough was the novel part... I did not know any of the historical aspects until watching Cosmos.

But again I was never curious about it and without watching Cosmos I would've never even googled about it.

to be honest, yea you're right - I've meant, not that I knew any of that - but it was implied by the rest of the post.

NOVA docs were pretty good

watch the original Cosmos though, some of the stuff is outdated but it is still amazing

When you say i like that, i have to watch it.

Any place to find it? Yt? Torrent? Etc.?

OP here.

What the fuck? Rapist?
Never heard about this "meme"

well this one has english audio and english subtitles

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4688483

maybe this one, never used this site though
geektorrent.com/query/the-story-of-maths/

im sure you'll be able to find another source on google if you want to

rip torrentz.eu, goddamit

And this is the begining...a new meme born...

I've been watching it on Netflix and I'm only 4 episodes in but it is been great to watch so far.

I would definatly recommend it.

ITT: basic bitches.

i didnt see your mom in the thread tho

BOOM, get the fuck out, bitch xD

This. NOVA does a good job at taking vast and complicated subjects and making them understandable for the average person. I would suggest "Universe or Multiverse?". I used this one when I wrote my senior research paper on the Multiverse theory and it gave me several analogies that helped me explain quantum mechanics to a room full of 18 y/o students who almost all did their papers on sports or social issues. I received a 100 on my presentation and a 94 on the paper itself.

Awesome. Thanks!

Yea torrenting is really dying i think.

Nice job user.

Sounds like something i should definetely check out.

Well you should watch the rest.
Its pretty great i agree.

I know it might be dumbing it down a bit.
But thats also what its about.
As Tyson says:
To hand the torch down, to inspire young minds to persue the unknown. To achieve greater knowledge!