Will any of his books still be read in 200 years?

Will any of his books still be read in 200 years?

HA! No.

probably.

They wont ecen be read in 20 years
Quality post op

Is that John K? Yeah I think Ren and Stimpy will last

Germaine from Flight of the Conchords?

Nobody remember's Ren and Stimpy beyond it's gross out humour. I enjoyed it growing up though most of my friends don't. Watching it now, the best thing to admire is the animation, the scripting though is the biggest problem

He'll be regarded similarly to how Shakespeare is now.

Will this post make you feel better about your life?

Both of our questions probably have the same answer.

Just kidding. They won't be read widely. King will become like Lovecraft, a cult fanfare who people only read because 1. He wrote with sophistication which the illiterate automatically assume means masterfully. 2. Cuthulu!!!!! Dude it's like a cool grimdark monster bro way cool bro.

So yeah, for the 50th time one of you jealous faggots has asked. He's gonna be admired, they are going to love him, and label him "dat guy whose good at writing!"

Too bad so sad, cry more, you bore.

Fuck off.you bluencut

>he still thinks humanity can survive

What's a bluencut?

I've stopped thinking about suicide so much because we're probably all going to get snuffed pretty soon anyway. If and when things start to go bad, there will be plenty of opportunities to bid adieu cruel world. I at least want to see if Trump gets elected first.

Probably The Shining, but only if people still watch Stanley Kubrick.

>He wrote with sophistication
Wut?

He wrote in an intensely stylized, detailed, and specific way, sophisticated.

Well...
I mean.
Let's just look at the math!
His first novel came out 42 years ago, and people are still reading it, it's still in print.
So, Carrie only has 158 years left to go to be read for 200 years, that's not so bad - certainly a couple people will be reading it.

Not many people watch Kubrick right now, by 200 years he will either be totally obscure and unknown, or have a religion devoted to him.

Time is an illusion.

>Not many people watch Kubrick right now

they aren't even read in 2016

what? I've never met anybody that watched Kubrick, I once mentioned a kubrick film in college, and an entire classroom of people didn't know what I meant.

that's really depressing.

>I once mentioned a kubrick film in college, and an entire classroom of people didn't know what I meant.

of course they wouldn't know because kubrick makes flicks not films