Do you read novelas to pad your stats?

Do you read novelas to pad your stats?

Lit peen is important.

I've read a lot from that list, but not to impress people. I think that people are more impressed if you've read longer books.

He's talking more in terms of the quantity of things you'd read.

I read them because I just enjoy novellas.

I read them because a lot of novellas are really good familia

I would recommend Peirene Press ,they publish award -winning works under 200 pages.
Mostly European Lit.
Pic related.

I can think of a lot better penises than lit penises.

Quality will always trump quantity when it comes to dick-waving, anyway.

Their selection looks comfy. If I had 150 pounds, I'd order the catch-up pack of 18.

i read a lot of novellas and short stories because i've never finished a novel and wished that it was longer

ive mostly read short/medium works, but i'm more interested in reading the 'important'/classic works, less interested in numbers. am only just now getting into the fatties. so now i do read them for padding , because i'm trying to hit a goal for the year and i can't really read two giant slow going novels if i want to do that. i'm reading a lot of shorter works while i chip my way through IJ.

I've been trying to read The Catcher in the Rye but I can't help but cringe through it. It reminds me too much of myself

Room of One's Own is an essay, not a novella. And some of that is more short novel than novella but that's a semantics argument I'm not equipped for.

most of Veeky Forums would disagree with you about quantity

>Veeky Forums is one person
>Veeky Forums is worth impressing

So wait you're saying reading shit like Game of thrones, Atlas Shrugged and other crap is better for someone than reading a few good shorter novels like notes from underground, heart of darkness, the stranger etc?

Pages read is the key stat, of course checking whether the books read are airport thriller-tier and deducting accordingly.

reading all 4 nathanael west novellas in sequence was one of the most enjoyable reading experiences I've ever had

currently reading kokoro, comfy as fuck

>Novella
>Puts The Big Sleep on the list

??

42/100

usually pretty comfy

there's some good four fiction that Veeky Forums overlooks

this list is actually really good. someone who goes through it would probably have a really good experience.

>Pages read is the key stat
post em

I'm around 7k

I read a lot of novellas because they are great for my 2 hour commute twice a day

just over 6k

Saved. I'm trying to read more and I think shorter books will be better for getting me into the swing of things. My main hobby is watching films. And one of the reasons I like movies so much is that I can get through one in a sitting and then spend time thinking about it are discussing it. I'm currently reading a longer book, The Tin Drum, and while I'm really enjoying getting to know Oskar and having a much grander experience, I have been at it for a month now. I'd like to read something else.

Read Dream Story and then watch Eyes Wide Shut and see which you prefer

I've seen Eyes Wide Shut, but I'll give the book a go. I really enjoyed the movie.

I read plays for that ;)

>Sebastian