How much truth is in this picture?

How much truth is in this picture?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2013/10/10/unhappy-employees-outnumber-happy-ones-by-two-to-one-worldwide/#7a2fafdf2f29
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Working shapes your character and fuels your soul.

>he says that 8.5 hours a day of office work makes the man or cat

Could you write what you want to discuss instead of just posting a cringy picture?

i work for myself doing what i enjoy so it's all good :)

>life has no meaning unless you contribute to society
Correct in practical term. You don't have to work but if all you do is consuming resources, you're a shitty leech and a waste of potential. And oxygen.

>spare time
While technically you could use it for something decent, most NEETs just jerk off to trannies and play vidya.

>le 3d women are scary shit
Pretty much a developing mental illness.

>it's another poorly constructed cartoon strawmanning the opposition

the NEET that is being presented as the hero will never learn a language, read philosophy or do anything other than masturbate. Don't even try to deny this.

The part about progressively complex desires and how hard it gets to fulfil them is pretty good though.

0, unless you're a bovine who only subjects themselves to work to acquire material pleasures. getting minimum wage for tendies, alcohol and anime figurines is obviously an exercise in futility when your autistic ass could get welfare and do the same without leaving your basement.

spending 8 hours at work is voluntary for the "wage slave", not a chain around their neck as the NEET would suggest, because well-adjusted people take satisfaction from their work and would do it even if they weren't paid. that's what separates the two.

>i can do anything i want with my spare time, like jack off and shitpost

Aka things normal people also do

>spending 8 hours at work is voluntary for the "wage slave", not a chain around their neck as the NEET would suggest
That's not true for the majority of people.

forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2013/10/10/unhappy-employees-outnumber-happy-ones-by-two-to-one-worldwide/#7a2fafdf2f29

Its not true at all. Ive worked 60 hour weeks and ive also been cripplingly NEET. I thought the same things when Im upset and working my ass off. But then when Im NEET I do nothing by refresh Veeky Forums.
Working is hard and annoying but it gives me money and makes me active and gets me in the habit of actually leaving my house or having a schedule, I stop taking my free time for granted and I do what I want with it, like writing or reading or taking a hike or whatever.

Also as a NEET you literally have no income unless you have rich parents that give you money, so Id prefer having cash over not even being able to buy books or worse, asking my parents for money all the time

The majority of people are terrible at long-term planning and have extreme difficulty processing things above material pleasures. I'm not trying to be elitist but it's true. Denial of this unfortunate reality is why college degrees are so massively, colossally over-saturated.

Im unhappy because Im alive and mental issues not because I agreed to get a 1000 dollars every 2 weeks

also like said, lots of people are legit dickheads and do things for money, like getting a degree in business because it will "make big bucks" even though they have no interest in it thus leading to unhappiness, also the fact that a normie will marry someone for being hot or whatever then have kids bc they think they need to. Theres so many factors to why most normal people say they hate their jobs but the job is rarely the real cause.

Its not hard to find a profession that interests you or that fits in with your life style.

Perhaps but it's doubtful that this applies to the majority of working people.

>The majority of people are terrible at long-term planning
Sure.

>and have extreme difficulty processing things above material pleasures
Now that seems a conclusion coming from a very distant observation and rather unlikely. Family and validation from society seem to be bigger motivators.

College is a systematic problem in US and A, and the options are between "go to college or bag groceries or kill brown people abroad".

Fair points but you're minimizing the role of jobs just being shitty for most too much.

>Its not hard to find a profession that interests you or that fits in with your life style.
Obviously it's hard if many people can't do that. Doing the "right job" for you often requires initial investment of time and money, which many just can't afford, or the compensation is too shitty to allow other things they want to do.

Personally I couldn't even imagine a conventional job that I wouldn't hate, though admittedly, that's a rare outlook.

You forgot to post the next part when the NEET's 3d mother yells at the protagonist for not doing the dishes.

I know plenty people who still make music, movies, write and read books all while working for a living. It's not that people don't have time, they just don't make time and use work as an excuse.

>implying you have to work in an office

>but if all you do is consuming resources, you're a shitty leech and a waste of potential. And oxygen.

No one ever asks us if we want to be born. So deal with it if some people aren't like you want them to be.

Please, there are multiple ways to deal with your unwanted life, since you decided against them, you might as well be a part of society and do your little part to improve it.

americucks everyone

What you do and what you are is not the same. You experience who you are through what you do and how much you like and it but you don't become who you are through what you do.

As a result: Being a part of society and improving it (aka what you do) might not be what you are by default (in which case you will not like it).

>but you don't become who you are through what you do
If you shoot somebody, you become a murderer. If you do somebody in the butt, you become a faggot. Or alternatively, if you do nothing but consuming resources, you're a leech.

Had to scroll up I thought this was /r9k/

mods

No, you have always been a murderer, you just didn't know up to that point. The action itself is just empirical proof which obviously doesn't mean anything. It only shows what had to happen necessarily anyways because of what you are and because of what you have been confronted with. The essence of being a murderer was given you by birth.

Ah, being a neet from birth is your excuse? Is it really comforting to blame all of your failures on somebody else and think that you have no impact on your life?

I'm not a neet and this ain't an excuse for anyhting. But if you don't see how life is deterministic then you're blinded.

>just do it

This is a meme and since it's the predominant socially accepted and enforced attitude it causes so much suffering, mental illnesses, discontent etc.

I used to be a depressed NEET and now I'm successful, you're saying my entire struggle from living with my parents to where I am now was determined?

how is it even possible to live without any money from work? like i don't even understand how people do it

>mortgage
>debt
>used goods girls
>black out drunk
I have a job and I don't experience any of those things

After you hear about the NEET lifestyle you wont understand how people do that either

Yes you couldn't have made it if you weren't given the right premises for the struggle. People who try and aren't successful will suffer. Because their being doesn't corresponded to the requiremenst of society. Do you really think that people choose to be miserable? I have worked in psychiatric clinics. Those people don't want to be there, trust me.

>why would I want to date 3D
This alone should have shown you that whoever made this is trolling or a mentally ill weaboo who pisses in bottles.

Deterministic? Sure. Predeterministic shit you suggest it to be, it is not and only serves as a dumb excuse.

>just do it
>it's the predominant socially accepted and enforced attitude
It is not. Tell your colleagues/friends/spouse that you're going to quit your job and become a rockstar, and watch how socially accepted it is.

>it causes so much suffering, mental illnesses, discontent etc.
In contrast "You're born a loser and will stay a loser, who could never possibly amount to anything, no matter what you do and how hard you try" is quite motivating, yeah?

>After you hear about the NEET lifestyle you wont understand how people do that either

i watched welcome to the nhk, and the dude in that just lived off his parents

are all these anti-wagecucks suggesting i just live off my parents? what if i can't do that?

>I have worked in psychiatric clinics.
The problems people face there maybe apply to some of the exteme NEETs, not the average "I don't want to wake up on time and play vidya all the time" children.

What a boring one-dimensional worldview. Everyone is a murderer on this view. It's circumstances that cause a would be murderer to either murder or not murder.

The universe being essentially deterministic doesn't mean it's predictable, or that qualitative assessment goes out the window.

>In contrast "You're born a loser and will stay a loser, who could never possibly amount to anything, no matter what you do and how hard you try" is quite motivating, yeah?

If society was structured differently the category 'loser' wouldn't even be a thing. But society as a whole will only be able to support and include certain forms of life at any given time. Which is why there are institutions to deal with the rest that won't fit in.

And yes as bad as it sounds, for our society it would have been better if some people didn't exist. But that is not a reason to blame these people and insult them it should reather be an occasion for compasison as they suffer for no fucking reason.

You shouldn't speak in such absolutes, it makes you seem the fool.

I had more of a struggle than I care to share to strangers online, numerous attempts and failures which set me back months, sometimes over a year at a time. Was I miserable? Yes. Did I conclude that there was nothing I could do? Only in my darkest moments. I never stopped struggling, because that's the essence of living.

Psychiatry does more damage to the youth of today than if the ill were left to their own devices. You give people the means to write themselves off and leech.

>share to
with*

>claim the intellectual and moral high-ground over "wagecucks"
>lifestyle is supported by "wagecucks"
sounds about right

This has nothing to do with literature. Take your shitty blogs elsewhere.

>I never stopped struggling, because that's the essence of living.

Then why people stop struggling if it would be the standard condition of everyone?

It's kind of like a boss talking shit about his workers, is it not?

But he has Aryan features and he whines about how everything he doesn't like is Jewish. That's how we know he's right.

Most people on Veeky Forums are committing welfare fraud to support their lifestyles.

In the US you can get about $700 a month on SSI, and never have to do any work whatsoever.

How do you make money without being a wageslave? I know there are ways but not everybody has the same opportunities to be their own boss and work on their own schedule.

You simply can't just be in opposition of the name of the game: money. Money rules everything. You can't do jack fucking shit without money except perhaps wander the streets and try to eat food out of the garbage can.

It's the society we have created and there is no going back.

>working=being a wage slave

Because not everything can be boiled down into such abstract terms.

Been working fulltime (40 hours) for 6 months now, first grown-man job I've ever had. Prior to this I was pretty much of the opinion this picture had that to be a wageslave was to be the endgame of growing up and with it the loss a willingness to live for it incipited the start of tediousness, boredom, and mediocrity.
Yet I didn't find most of these things to be true. Sure, I'd rather work 32 hours a week than 40 hours. But working is very satisfying, far more than living the NEET life can render an individual insane with boredom or spirit. It is not as black and white as I might put it, but I'd rather be employed and be able to have the financial means to, for example, travel, than to wallow in my own dread as I try to fill the days with made up goals which are so untangible that they seem unattainable and devoid of humanity.

>Working
What are you referring to? The NEET works on himself, are you saying that maintaining a strict routine of diet, exercise, and self-study has less impact on your "character" that mindlessly slaving away in McDonalds?

>shapes your character
What a substanceless and unqualified assertion.

>fuels your soul
Through what mechanism? Does a soul need fuel? Is slaving away at McDonalds fuel for your soul?

In Europe you can get big money by just being autistic.
My brother saved up 40.000 euro by getting autismbux and living at home.

>neet
>maintaining a strict routine of diet, exercise, and self-study

We are discussing the image in the OP, not your misconceptions.

Not everyone is an autist. This is the flaw in OP's post.

If you aren't getting autism bucks, or other health related income, or if you aren't leeching off the system with welfare fraud, actually working to the point of being self-employed can be a fucking diffcult task.

Fine, you don't like working for the jew? Go work for yourself and see how much freetime it takes out of your day to to not end up fucking starving. I will even bet it probably is more stressful and time consuming than just working at a normal job.

Anybody who argues that they get more freetime from not being a wageslave is a neet living off their parents or autism bucks.

/thread

who /ideology/ here