Be me, 18 year old male

> Be me, 18 year old male.
> Wants to be a programmer since age 12 and have been programming since age 12.
> Now im in a serious conflict with my self should I become a computer engineer or study some type of pure science?

People are telling me not to be an ass and to be a engineer and make dat $$$.
But I have a little voice in my head telling me to study molecular biology + mathematics and help society and recherche fascinating things.

Will I really be a poor smart man if I dont get in to engineering?

>not commenting code
lole

The bitch cant call a random() function.

What schools did you get into or what schools do you realistically think you'll get into? If it's a good school, well respected by software companies (for example, CMU CS is very respected), then go for CS. Other than that, CE is always a decent option. I'm under the assumption that you're not interested in going to grad school.

What if he where interested in grad school?

Nothing much really, just find a professor you vibe well with and work hard to publish papers in well-respected journals. I don't really know much about grad school to be honest, since I myself am not planning on going there.

>intentionally stripping out the comments on the fast square root code to make some stupid point

If I become an engineer I would not go into grad school. But if I decide on anything else I would go for a PHD.
Im asking here because my fucking friends and family are trying to convince me to become an engineer, they claim its the only way to make a good living and that other degrees will never make me as fanatically successful.

Why are teenagers so fucking insufferable.

Keep it simple, get a job you can't regret, then you make a living and can do whatever you truly want on the free time.

Job is just a job, passion is pursued on the free time.

No regrets path.

Cuz im lost. I dont know what to study.

I'm not sure if this is about the $$$ or the programming. If it's the latter, just remember that being able to program is a great skill to have in many, many fields. You don't have to necessarily study CE to pursue your interests in coding.

>If you want advice regarding college/university or your career path, go to /adv/ - Advice.

/adv/ isn't necessarily the best board to go for this type of advice, he/she is better off posting it here.

Never asking there its full of ass holes.

No they are not. This board is not for advice.
If you want to go help people with their problems fuck off to

>Will I really be a poor smart man if I dont get in to engineering?

Poor and stupid, if you ask for advice about your education/career on Veeky Forums.

Are you the same person who dislikes anime on Veeky Forums?

>only one person would dislike anime on a non-anime board.
Are you the same pedophile who keeps spamming /a/tusitic manchildren garbage here ?

>/a/tusitic
Nope, there are others spamming "/a/tusitic manchildren garbage" here, I'm not the only one, don't worry.

No
I think getting butthurt about drawn reaction images but not movie reaction images is hypocritical.

/adv/ threads use to flood this board; this board isn't about your undergrad classes or your lack of a career. Its for discussion of science and math

Can I just back up for a second and ask about this picture? My last quarter at college, I finally knocked out my first, super basic, intro to programming class.

Forgive my lack of experience and understanding, but it looks like the gal who wrote the code on the right is straight retarded. Like, I could do that after week one. I night and even figure out what the code on the left does, so I assume that if it works as intended, it has a much more complex function. So my first reaction is to assume the woman who posted that picture is straight retarded, but I don't want to just assume that without clearing it up.

Am I correct in thinking she's an idiot, or is my limited knowledge of coding holding me back from understanding what's going on?