Are there any good books written in Ebonics?

Are there any good books written in Ebonics?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/WDwyW
youtube.com/watch?v=3SQokLIDxv0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What do you think?

Close enough batty boy. Also, Faulkner when he channels nigger.

Yes.

Check out: imgur.com/a/WDwyW

No writer in history was able to master the complexities and nuances involved in writing in Ebonics, so no.

I'm amazed that nice lady knows the word verbatim, and knows how to use it correctly.

The novel Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace has a great chapter written mostly in ebonics.

this, tobehonestfam

Writing is the pasttime of introverts and shut-ins who are predisposed to not writing in the short-handed language of socialites

WE

WUZ

BE CRY

The only people who can write ebonics in an authentic manner are too stupid to create worthwhile literature

We Wuz Kangs by N. Shieet

fucking beautiful

tl;dr

>15 more images

No thanks. I couldn't care less about the Twitter ramblings of crackwhore strippers.

What a funny story.

No thanks, I couldn't care less about the schizophrenic ramblings of a fartwhore

Requiem for a Dream, and to a lesser extent Trainspotting

Exterminate yourself

>trainspotting

Scots=realest niggas

>bible in ebonics project abandoned
youtube.com/watch?v=3SQokLIDxv0

"fuck him calm" is a hilarious expression.

Nobody has mentioned Da Great Gatsby?

>Da Great Gatsby
Too bad it was done lazily with Gizoogle. An actual version by a linguist who had studies AAVE would have been a lot more interesting (and probably still funny in a racist way).

that was actually worth my time

"this nigga lost in the sauce and his bitch lost in the game"

Tru dat

Hey, look, Elon Musk, the smartest man in the world is here to disabuse us of the canard that all regional dialects (like Scottish, for example) are not Ebonics.

The Color Purple.

Yeah, started this recently and came here to post this. Faulkner's weirder than that, though, Go Down Moses in particular is bizarre

'Cos it's fake as fuck, as confirmed by the other "stripper" 2 days later.
Only reason this shit got any attention was because HuffPo/ NYMag/ Buzzfeed/ The Guardian/ every other shit-tier-"left" rag loved the idea of some strong independent coloreds rehashing Spring Breakers without the satire and with more "OMG Yas Qween" scenes.
Journalism in 2015.
Amazing thing's that sites like Complex picked up on and bought into it, and still have the audacity to say that regular media are the ones stereotyping.

This would actually make a great movie adaptation.

this is actually awesome. i'd hang out with zola

My diary fo shizzle.

Outside of Walter Mosley, you are either reading extreme parody or phd level intellectual masturbation.

Yes. Iceberg Slim's Pimp.

1940s ebonics though

"I KILL DEAD ASS KILL YALL" verbatim

this is art

That was actually an interesting story.