I'm just 27 but I want to live more than a century

I'm just 27 but I want to live more than a century.

how do I get there?

how do I change my lifestyle?
I've never drank alcohol nor done any drugs.

Is coffee bad for the health?

how much exercise?

should I become vegan?

Other urls found in this thread:

brahmanedu.org/english/.
brahmanedu.org/english/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The more exercise the better. Definitely every day and at least 1 hour a day. I think you start to get diminishing returns around 4 hours/day.

>I've never drank alcohol nor done any drugs.
this is your problem desu senpai. the best this society has to offer is numbing our time here.

bump

what kind of exercise? i weightlift, feels good man plus I hate low intensity endurance shit.

supposedly a coffee habit will reduce your chances of stomach cancer.

Veganism may help we really don't know health studies is mostly bullshit lol.

Just work out and be active and try to not eat shitty food.

Weightlifting is fine but if you want to live very long you're gonna have to supplement with a lot of cardio :^|

>what is diminishing returns
exercise might give you a few more years but at the cost of years of exercise.

donate to SENS

Yeah but you'll become addicted to exercise. So it'll be enjoyable.

That's some shilling.

Is SENS even making progress?

Me too mate. I mean speaking without any advancements in the future, my family genetics has really good longevity genes in it. My great grandparents on my dads side lived to 90-93 while some of the relatives on my mothers side lived 100+. I expect to live a solid century but wouldn't mind living another century or so and even though its a far shot, to be immortal(age wise) i'm not counting on advancements like that in my life time though honestly

Noted

-swimming
-bodyweight
-no junk food, although its alright to cheat once in a while, you'd be better off with a keto or paleo diet. Please consider that a burger from BK, aint the same that one made with your hands with proper meat, that's perfectly okay.
-no hard drugs, if you want to, consider edibles, lsd every 6 months and mdma every 4, do not mix with alcohol
-no alcohol (in general) if you fancy some old scotch, its alright! you've to enjoy the fine things in life as well, if not, why would you want to live 100 years? (besides seeing human progress)

tl;dr workout, eat healthy, some cheat days are alright, count your calories, read a lot, learn some shit everyday, go places, do stuff just for the sake of it.
Doesn't matter if you don't reach a hundred years, but at least you lived a life that was worth living.

Our time in this planet is short, enjoy it.

yes.

they have founded a couple of startups that will start working on human trials for senescence cells clearance in 1-2 years

oisin biotechnologies
unity biotechnology

>our time on this planet is short, enjoy it
>here are all these rules that suck the fun out of life for you to follow to give you an extra year or two

when will this lifestyle meme die already? it's a serious impediment to actual solutions to the longevity problem.

Definitely brother. Thanks for the info.

Read pic related, coffee and alcohol aren't bad for you in moderation, do 40 minutes of intense cardio a day (uphill cycling, running, swimming).

Bullshit more like ten. Plus all these things he listed feel good. Ever try a perfect diet with a perfect workout routine? It feels fucking good. Ever do nothing but smoke weed and drink all day? Yeah makes you feel like shit. He didn't rule out enjoyment like LSD and alcohol once in awhile but that it should be used in moderation. Seems reasonable.

hey man, at least I didn't asked him to go vegan or some shit like that.
Don't sweat it.

>Ever do nothing but smoke weed and drink all day? Yeah makes you feel like shit.
speak for yourself m8. i'd spend eternity getting high and playan vidya if i could.

>maintaining mental and physical health sucks the fun out of life

Oh, okay. Sounds like a fun adventure.

>SENS chief bets a 50/50 chance of bringing aging under reasonable medical control by 2036-2041
Some strong optimisms the dude has. If he could do that in 20-25 years time he would go down as one of the greatest humans in mankind for controlling aging for humanity and treating it.

I think you get these your answers from brahmanedu.org/english/.

is drinking four daily cups of coffee bad for health?

>yeah! let's eat a bunch of junk food, get drunk, get high, and then feel like shit when the dopamine wears off!

I follow the same guidelines...workout daily, rarely drink alcohol, eat healthy but I feel great all the time as opposed to harming my body for a cheap euphoric high.

I can think of only a few people that think like you do equating happiness to junk food and hedonism.....they're all fat NEETs. Go figure, they must be living the life

wtf? Dude that shit sucks as soon as you step out into the real world and interact with actual people. Same thing with fapping. Yeah it feels awesome but try conversing with a group of attractive girls afterward, it saps your energy.

Basically smoking weed, jacking off, eating junk food is fun in an imaginary world but as soon as you step out and have real social interaction, you realize you're a scrawny faggot

connect yourself to a machine. Freezing yourself would be ideal. The way to extend life is to smear the border between it and death

>i need to put in all this effort to feel good
sucks to be you guys. i mean you do realize it's all a state of mind, if you can get it cheaply all the better, it's more cost effective. think of this as optimizing reward/effort.

i was thinking ideally i'd like to hook up my brain into a bioreactor that keeps it going with a brain-computer interface so i can play games all day. would be totes sweet senpai.

>I like to be a lazy piece of shit
no pain no gain faggot.

if you want to gain pain sure. i mean at the end of the day you're working so hard to give yourself this impression of maintenance when your body is just progressively accumulating damage and breaking down. rather pointless senpai.

>muh nihilism
why don't you kys and avoid the pain?

pain is good, working out is good.
being lazy feels like shit.

According to your post the only way to live more than a century is to repair the damage done to your body.

How much would this cost a normal person? 500-1K?

>I can think of only a few people that think like you do equating happiness to junk food and hedonism.....they're all fat NEETs. Go figure, they must be living the life

This sentence has a billion flaws. youre thinking about people who think. And youre so limited in your imagination, that you only get to "a few" there. And then ALL of your imagined people are fat.
In the end you conclude about your own imagined 'people who think like user', that they must be "living the life".

you don't need to kys to not feel pain senpai, that's what drugs are for.

the reward of living indefinitely is infinite, so what ever dollar value cost you throw at it the ratio is still infinity.

>I've never drank alcohol nor done any drugs.
You have never lived.

>the reward of living indefinitely is infinite, so what ever dollar value cost you throw at it the ratio is still infinity.
not in economics I think. If you had unlimited twinkes, the value of twinkies would go to zero

>economics
>science
but jokes aside, nothing has value to the dead.

>muh hedonism
kek

I'm sure getting an STD or lung cancer or cirrosis is worthy.

drugs are boring garbage for low IQ brainlets that need to live like animals.

why are they fighting so hard over inheritance tax then?

all of those beat cancer yeah. why do you want to get cancer so much?

>just because this substance forces your brain to make you feel good and enjoy what you're doing, that doesn't mean you'll feel good or enjoy what you're doing.

I don't understand

why do people worship magical dads in clouds? why do people think diluting medicine makes it more potent? people don't think things through senpai. the fact of the matter is you need to be alive to give things value, people fight for this tax when they are live not when they're dead.

now the state where time is unlimited, sure each individual second is worthless but that state itself you can't put a price tag on other than infinity, it's the post-scarcity of life.

>should I become vegan?

No!

I think you can get all the answers from Maitreya Buddha and Messiah's teachings

It takes you a few years to understand his teachings.

I had a lot of primary questions as you have.
You will know all the answers by yourself if you continue to study his teachings in your place.
brahmanedu.org/english/

>why do people worship magical dads in clouds?
because of bad moms
>why do people think diluting medicine makes it more potent?
snake venom
>people don't think things through senpai.
hai
>the fact of the matter is you need to be alive to give things value, people fight for this tax when they are live not when they're dead.
Im sure there are institutions founded by now dead people, that fight for stuff today
The stock market gives values to things, but its dead.

>now the state where time is unlimited, sure each individual second is worthless but that state itself you can't put a price tag on other than infinity, it's the post-scarcity of life.
ladida infinite pain makes the value not unlimited. or negative unlimited

Can you even trust a book like this? It seems like everyone has a different opinion on nutrition.

>The stock market gives values to things, but its dead.
no, we give value to what stock market trading bots suggest is the value. evaluation is a conscious process.

>ladida infinite pain makes the value not unlimited.
because pain is undesirable. we give value to things that are desirable.

>Im sure there are institutions founded by now dead people, that fight for stuff today
they were founded by people while they were living and we the living for whatever reason decide to keep these institutions going. they keep going only because of the living.

with infinte lifespan you could come to an infinite pain scenario though. thats why you still wouldnt give infinite value to infinite life. Have you ever bought a zippo lighter? think of the cost that that lifetime guarantee now puts on society.

>thats why you still wouldnt give infinite value to infinite life.
so there is one exception.

>lifetime guarantee now puts on society.
why should i care? the only reason society matters to me is because of what it provides to me.

>they keep going only because of the living.
not only because of them, thats the point.

If you killed every human, and then fired a nuke on the USA, you would see the might of dead mens wills

no, only because of us. because we choose to keep their wills going when it doesn't matter to them since they're dead. if we chose to stop caring about their wills (while they were alive) then that's the end of their influence over us.

>why should i care? the only reason society matters to me is because of what it provides to me.
because it would stop providing. All the ressourced of society would flow into ensuring supply of zippo lighters and you would have to live eternity without electricity and modern healthcare in growing pain.

read the post again. Imagine "you" in that was an Alien 20 years after all humans died.

Also note, that its not "us" launching those nukes, but systems the dead men built

well society not keeping me alive, society ceases to matter to me. so all you're saying with this is i can't count on society for shit and i know that.

nothing matters to you when you're dead m8, just because the actions in your life may have some influence after you die does not change this fact. hence it doesn't matter if you leave anything behind to you.

people grasp on this legacy meme to delude themselves into some immortality when it's fucking irrelevant.

no I was arguing, that the mere fact of having infinite life would decrease the value of individual years of that life, because of zippo lighters.

Also it might decrease into infinite pain.

It's obviously genetic given how normal the lifestyle of 110+ year olds are

value of post-scarcity state != value of individual post-scarcity things

and besides we give value to things how much we desire them so to me indefinite life is of infinite value.

nukes are not irelevant.

You could also just launch one today and see how living humans would scramble to abort their legacy.

How many houses on the world right now, were built or bought by their owners and how many were inherited? Is housing relevant?

What if you got immortality, but every house was already taken?

>nukes are not irelevant.
they are when you're already dead.

>to me indefinite life is of infinite value.
you keep ignoring the possiblity of pain.
Anyways, when you have signed that contract immortality for infinite value youll find yourself fucked.

why did people set them up that way then?

so you should commit suicide because you're in pain then?

and i'm fucked either way m8. the universe is in a constant state of decay.

Not that user, but existing > not existing.

Pain heals with time, it won't be forgotten, but it will be healed.

ask them, they clearly didn't get the memo that once they die their brains cease to function so whatever they left behind has no bearing on them. honestly why do i have to justify the thinking of idiots?

lol I cant ask them you idiot
theyre dead

my point exactly idiot.

>existing > not existing
hmm yeah I would accept that generally, but the other user practically said he would sign up to be sisyphos instantly.
>Pain heals with time, it won't be forgotten, but it will be healed.
I can totally imagine a positive feedback loop of pain. Also Alzheimers

>hmm yeah I would accept that generally, but the other user practically said he would sign up to be sisyphos instantly.
you really need to strawman me that badly don't you? i said that's the only exception.

>I can totally imagine a positive feedback loop of pain. Also Alzheimers
you do realize to exist indefinitely your body would have to stop aging right? the reason why we don't last is because our body just accumulates damage over time and breaks down.

>you really need to strawman me that badly don't you? i said that's the only exception.

that one exception totally breaks it though. The universe is probably even set up for it.

>the reason why we don't last is because our body just accumulates damage over time and breaks down.
and accidents. Youre guaranteed to have them over time.
Also what do you think it would do to you mentally if your internal lists increased that much?

>that one exception totally breaks it though.
no it doesn't. it just highlights that pain level factors in and there is a case where pain makes life undesirable.

> The universe is probably even set up for it.
it isn't and we probably can't do anything about that. why do you think i have such a nihilist outlook on things senpai?

>and accidents. Youre guaranteed to have them over time.
i never argued that staying alive indefinitely is possible or easy. i just look at it as an ideal, like 100% efficiency. it's something to try to approach.

*pain level and duration

>it isn't and we probably can't do anything about that. why do you think i have such a nihilist outlook on things senpai?
Entropy increases. As a human, that will become infinte pain to you.

yup 2nd law of thermo. half lives, etc. the universe sucks, it's a horrible place.

its wonderful. But in 1000 years it wont be for you unless you set your nukes up just right.

we've been through this, my corpse isn't me.

He can't do it by himself. Do research, spread awareness, donate.

#weedcurescancer
#evilpharma

I wish it could cure mental retardation too

>strawman
kek

Go vegan and eat ass.

You also live further into the future, so you get to see more interesting stuff.