I liked them, thought they were fun

I liked them, thought they were fun

I like ASOIAF series as well, they're quite entertaining. Also, if you'd like them, check out Zelzany's The Chronicles Of Amber. He was Martin's mentor, and The Chronicles Of Amber books are much better than Martin's ASOIAF series.

>The placement of that comma
>Liking asoshit

Not surprised

Who else bought and read them ten or so years ago so now your editions don't have "Now an HBO original project" or some bollocks like that.

sometimes i enjoy taking a huge satisfying shit

sure you are cool dude

cool story bro

>wasting months of your life to read a 8000-page pasta just because it's "fun".

Nigga, read a comic book for fun or, a 200-page booklet. You don't read War and Peace, or Ulysses for """""fun"""""".

overrated

I did tho

>spends countless hours watching someone else play Skyrim
do you booboo

>months
nigga I read the first two books in literally a month

so you're saying it took you months to read the series
which is what he said

>You don't read War and Peace, or Ulysses for """""fun"""""".
Speak for yourself, chum.

But I agree, Martin is an awful writer and there's much better fantasy one could read. Ask me if you want recommendations.

I could need some recommendations. Is there any good fantasy that's a bit beyond the cliche?

Anne Franks diary

In approximate order of quality: Gormenghast trilogy, The King of Elfland's Daughter, The Broken Sword, Puck of Pook's Hill, Richard Kipling's Tales of Horror and Fantasy, Gloriana, The Ladies of Grace Adieu and Other Stories, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, Lankhmar series, Conan the Barbarian, Viriconium series, The Worm Ouroboros, Earthsea, Perdido Street Station.

That's a brilliant list user. If I may; I really like C. J. Cherryh (though she sort of blends speculative fiction and science fiction in some works, her fantasy's really nice).

War and Peace doesn't have any high brow philosophical literary themes, it's whole point is to entertain. It is considered literature because it is written extremely well.

Been thinking about reading The Worm Ouroborous considering how much it influenced Tolkien and it was supposedly the last fantasy book to be popular before Tolkien ruined everything with his medieval style fantasy.

I want to read these but I don't have the time. Never have the time

Not going to lie, I mostly liked it because of how heavily I related to Tyrion

>"what is parataxis" the post