Which country has the best education?

German kids have single variable calculus (for some reason the call it "Analysis"), OOP (they call it "Informatikunterricht"), and an introduction to linear algebra (they call it "Analytische Geometrie") in high school (it's called "Gymnasium").
They start straight off with real and complex analysis in university.
>mfw

Which country has the best education, tho?

Other urls found in this thread:

priceonomics.com/the-iit-entrance-exam/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Norway and Finland

U K
K

learn basics in olevel
Real shits in alevel
Does not fuck around in uni

>Mfw inferior american uni education

Every country from Eastern Europe. Just look at them. They are doing well in every international olympiad.

Really, what do they learn?

The same stuff you study in USA and UK.

Canada desu. We learned calculus and algebra in grade 12!

X+2x = 9
3x = 9
X=3

Canada

>Which country has the best education

Veeky Forums

>X+2X = 3X
I bet you think 1+21=31 too. fucking maple leaf up the ass moose humpers

In Finnish high schools there are nationally two (and in some schools three) choices for mathematics. The "short" version covers just some basic stuff, I actually have no idea what it covers more than that it's simple as fuck, and the "long" version starts with a bit of function theory, then polynomials, then Euclidiean geometry, then analytical geometry, then some linear algebra with those arrow vectors in two and three dimensions, then some statistics and probablity, then derivatives, then exponential functions, logariths and their derivatives, then trigonometric functions and number sequences (probably both of them were too short to be courses by themselves so they were combined), then Riemann integral, then logic and number theory, then numerical methods for derivatives, integrals and finding roots, and then deepening derivatives, integrals and sequences with limits at infinity etc. The special schools then offer atleast banking mathematics and more linear algebra.

India has probably one of the most selective engineering colleges in the world.

priceonomics.com/the-iit-entrance-exam/

According to that its acceptance rate is 2% nationally.

Acceptance rates mean shit when 99.99% of the population is shit, over 50% can't even use a toilet

Source pls

/int/ memes aside it's very competitive. Plus, you aren't factoring in the middle-class and upper-class of Indians, only the lower-class.
That sounds similar to the A-Level Further Mathematics found in the British system.
AFAIK Canadian public schools are better than American public schools, but American private (like Phillips Exeter, though that's a very extreme case) is much better than Canadian private. How true is this?

here are my subjects from highschool:

all 4 years: math, physics, chemistry, biology, Serbian, German, English, computers, PE, religious studies
3 years: geography, history
2 years: art history, music
1 year: psychology, logic, philosophy, political studies, latin

I think I named them all.
I went to a gymnasium.

Am from Eastern Europe, can confirm. In the gymnasiums (which is like this general high school, which then offers paths for specific sciences that you choose in 3rd year) if you choose Natural Sciences A you learn linear algebra and calculus up to elementary differential equations, but all of that is with proofs (so none of this "intuitive" bullshit).

I was so surprised when I looked at my friend's IB Maths book (he took HL in a private school) and the limit was explained with graphs LOL there was no delta epsilon definition

how the fuck is USA the best country again?

squatting that requires complex analysis of the human body to find the exact center of mass to squat better
nuclear physics, and how to get rid of radiation poisoning by drinking vodka
analysis of vodka on human body, vodkalogical chemistry
optimal way of salting pork fat
Kalashnikov engineering
CS (csgo science)

'O' levels died along time ago. A levels, a retard could pass without doing any work. As for university... well if you pay, you pass.

No intellect required.

Not France.

- From France.

Is this supposed to be impressive?
I'm from Germany and I've always found it weird when Americans are talking about taking Calculus in College

Not really Deutscherfag. All European gymnasiums do the same shit, mine did as well. Even in Croatia, one of the crappier EU countries, we still did derivatives, explained with limits and shit. Don't tell the Amerifags that they suck though, they'll flip.

Then, why do some american math students on Veeky Forums boast about taking Calc, when its so basic for russians and europeans?

Finnish high school math is BS, I bullshitted my way through IB HL math with a 4, and got full marks from the Finnish HS matriculation exams in math

They probably don't realise people outside America are doing it in HS unconditionally.

Can confirm, Germanistan is good country for study, inshallah.

>Which country has the best education?

Maths? France, hands down. USA has worst education.

ayyyy, look at Canada

Nobody in the US takes them seriously either, they're just annoying kids that think they're cool because the bar for math is set so low in public education. I took German in high school/had some exchange students and was very impressed with their high school and gymnasium/hochschule/realschule system. I wish we had something here but for some reason the education system isn't interested in pushing those who are already excelling to do their best.

Those kids bragging about calc are the same who think using the cmd prompt to do a ping test is 'hacking.'

I had all that stuff in High School as well, and I'm from Murica.

American education isn't as bad as people make it out to be the big problem is that our schools that are majority minority really bring us down. If you exclude those schools then the US performs on par with other developed nations.

Im german and its not about the education system. Its about propaganda about educational systems.
and about genetic purity.

God American education is such shit

Go to bed grandpa

lol at this point, that phrase is as redundant as saying "shit smells like shit"

4...of 5 or 8?

>for some reason the education system isn't interested in pushing those who are already excelling to do their best.
Racial/ethnic stratification perhaps :^)

A high school near where I live (Montgomery County, Maryland) used to place its honors and AP courses on the upper floors and the more basic classes on the lower floors. Yes used to. Why? The bottom floor classes wound up full of blacks and hispanics and discipline problems. As you went up to the higher floors you observed more whites and of course finally asians.

German here.

The thing with highschool in germany is, that it's to do with alot of propaganda.
We have 3 highschools:
Gymnasium
Realschule
Hauptschule
The dumber you are, the further down the list you are.
That means, if you went to the Hauptschule, you literally will work as a construction worker for the rest of your life.
That means, that german kids get beaten to learn, otherwise their lives will be shit.
Gymnasium are the people who are doctors n' shit, Realschule are the normies that go to BMW and develop shit and Hauptschule are the retards who cut your hair and clean the ground you walk on.
Going to the Hauptschule also makes you instantly a dumbass for everyone else, noone wants to have anything to do with you because you are literally shit-tier.

Which is partly the reason, why hardcore right wing parties now get so much votes, because immigrants can't speak german => Welcome to Hauptschule => shit tier => Everyone wants to gas them.
> I'm Realschule. Didn't want to learn fucking latin and french and spanish

I went to a gymnasium but never studied, until I actually graduated the school. I would've failed latin, if it wasn't for a girl in my class who let me copy the answers. I chose french as my study language, but the french group we studied in was so disinterested in the subject, I lost interest too. Languages tho were the primary reason I chose the "Language gymnasium". I thought the schoolwork would focus on languages. Boy was I wrong. We did maths, physics, all the shit I didn't even expect. Half of my class had claimed they chose this gymnasium because they all wanted to learn languages. Kek. After school ended I took a gap year, learned hs math and doing derivatives now, learning German to move to Austria, studying physics, and will attend a uni hopefully, studying engineering or physics.

most of europe for k-12. the US for university.

Why are some of these cities and others entire countries?

Not him but its out of 7.

BROTHER

In terms of Mathematics, it seems that U.S., China (and other Asian countries) and Russia are doing the best at Olympiads, so say what you will about American education, but they seem to be excelling at Mathematics at the high school Olympiad level.

Single variable calculus in Germany isn't called Analysis. It's called Dufferentzialrechnung, differential calculus

Really not sure how good this is by international standards, but in Australia we can do complex numbers in Year 12

> those names

I wish american schools weren't so shit.

>4 years of highschool
>basically learned nothing
>did nothing
>got a 3.8 gpa

and I'm not even smart, it was just that easy
all we did was busy work and I would have maybe 1 class a semester I would have to pay attention in

Yeah, but they also have integral calculus.

>13th grade
get a bachelors in everything

This just in, 95% of children are dropped out of schools by parents afraid of their children becoming chinee

>tfw you learn german for simply academic purposes
>tfw you can't even ask someone for the restrooms in german, but read "Universitatsskripten"
German uni stuff is pretty based.

entschuldigen sie, wissen sie vielleicht wo die toilette ist, sie hurensohn?

In the olden days, everyone didn't graduate high school and we could tell the smart ones from the dumb ones.

kek

kekerekek

austria has a few dope unis as well but not all of them

Norway does not have best education.

Bin zum Gymnasium gegangen.
du musst halt am ball bleiben aber wenn du so faul bist wie mir dann fliegst du
Die Aufforderung fürs Gymnasium sind nicht so schwer wie manche denken.

>can't even ask someone for the restrooms in german
just say "haste mal ne mark"

America is obviously woefully behind with their public education. US has the best higher education institutions in the world though.