Are physics majors welfare queens?

Are physics majors welfare queens?

Source

No. Only statistics majors who make these silly charts. :-D

No statistics major would ever use a pie chart

Ok. These memes are retarded and old now. Not all physics major go on to do research in physics. Similarly, not everyone with a comp sci major goes on to grad school to work in machine learning or actual computer science.

Physics majors either,
> go the academic route and face no job security until their mid 40s
> go back to school to become an engineer, which they should have done in the first place
> they get a mid-tier job as an excel monkey at a bank or engineering firm

Regardless,

it's a shitty decision to study physics

I'm a statistics major and I would use pie charts

I'm pretty sure JavaScript Front end developer, IT guys and server maintenance people are all counter to "Computing Jobs" there - it shouldn't be put against science there.
Besides, imho university shouldn't be seen only as job education. Surely, if you want to get something out of life it's fair if you're going to study Physics or Biology out of interest, while learning SQL isn't something you'd do as whole-heartedly.

honest question, what do physicists do other than wanting to be at CERN?

True.

Not when it's applied physics.

>tfw majoring in physics and math
I can still switch to physics and CS, i was hoping to go in to academia but i dont want to be a welfare queen. How does one even get a job in current year.

Modelling.

No, there's a physics factory down the road from where I live.

Why?

some men just want to watch the world burn

I work as a programmer in a bank and there are loads of people also working in IT here who studied maths and physics

I guess this doesn't include engineering?

It says math and sciences so engineering isn't included by default

Feels good being in CS. I literally don't have to search for jobs because they come to me.

All this graph shows is that you don't need a university degree to become an IT monkey

i.e. engineering

That's applied homosexuality