Why don't girls read?

Why don't girls read?

They do.
I don't know many Veeky Forums girls, but the only reason I know Veeky Forums guys is because we fell in love with literature and philosophy around the same time and were friends way before.

More women read than men.

They read more than men

We do read.

Jesus christ you're sad and you should kill yourself.

You know that that channel is by some slut who is pandering towards conservative, shut-in, mostly unemployed obese American screenagers through making entry-tier, damning satirical videos.

You intentionally kept the youtube name in your screenshot so people would check out the channel so you're promoting shitty bulslhit

All in all just kill yourself f4m there's no going back now

Die die die DIE DIE DIE

ABU DHABI
B
U

D
H
A
B
I

I think he means literature, not YA books.

>implying there's a distinction

kek stay pleb

They probably read much more on average than men. They also probably read more dreck YA fiction and self-help books than men, too. I think this is because men have an inherent competitive drive to say/do/be/read the 'best' possible things to assert their intellectual/physical/moral dominance over others, particularly other males. Often, we will even go out of our depth and read books far beyond our individual intelligence level or necessary literary experience, just so that we can claim to have seen the upper echelons of what the medium has to offer, that we have conquered it. Women I think have less aggressive ambition and so are content to read whatever appeals most to their sentiments and intelligence level. I'm not saying women are 'dumber' than men, because truth be told if men behaved similarly to women in their literary inclinations, we would probably read primarily genre fiction and low-brow scifi. But since we crave being 'the best', we sometimes foolishly force ourselves to read canonized works even to the detriment of our enjoyment

I think he means to bait.

A better question is: why don't girls read good books?

Almost no-one reads "good" literature anymore. It's nothing to do with women qua women

hey a good post
Veeky Forums is one of the last good boards

>the channel expresses opinions I don't like
>kill yourself Die die die DIE DIE DIE

way to be egalitarian my friend

nice analysis

Belaruse

What is a belaruse

No, not really about opinions and I didn't implicitly nor explicitly state that but way to strawman lol, I never implied I was an egalitarian (which I'm not). It's the fact your aesthetic taste is obviously entirely wrought on insecurity, and it's that that fact reeks like a bag full of rotting testicles and dog shit. The only way to curtail such a smell is through literal thorough exercise, self evaluation possibly through therapy and since you won't get that you shouuuuld die die die

>if men behaved similarly to women in their literary inclinations, we would probably read primarily genre fiction and low-brow scifi.

That's actually what 99% of men do read.

>But since we crave being 'the best', we sometimes foolishly force ourselves to read canonized works even to the detriment of our enjoyment

Fucking stupidest thing I've read all day. I read "canonised" works because I enjoy them, not some retarded notion of "being the best". Jesus. What does that even mean?

Stop projecting

I had no idea that Gombrowicz, Krasznahorkai and Musil were YA.

>Musil

Nice

This

Jesus christ when was the last time you had a conversation beyond pleasantries

It's like... just soooo boring, okay?

but reading more complex things allows you to broaden your horizons and learn to appreciate more complex things

there is no "inteligence threshold" where most people are incapable of understanding

if you read a lot of quality literature, you will begin to understand it more and remain unsatisfied with base trash.

because women don't challenge themselves they never grow

first point: I was talking about guys on Veeky Forums, or rather guys who consider themselves serious about literature. I should have specified

Second point: I was generalizing, perhaps you are completely honest with yourself about reading only what you most enjoy. But I would wager that a lot of men do just that, evidenced on Veeky Forums by the hoards of people posting threads a) complaining about reading, b) asking what books they 'should' read to get into x worldview, c) incessantly talking about the 'greatest' 'most patrician' authors, maligning plebs for not reading the really quite narrow Veeky Forums pantheon of writers

Nerd girls read.

>there is no "inteligence threshold" where most people are incapable of understanding
Tell that to Mochizuki.

because I don't turn all conversations into partisan shitfests of hurling baseless insults? That isn't actual conversation, user, it's not how people in the real world talk

Fuck off to facebook for your attention-whoring, miserable roastie cunt. This is a literature board.

>look at me guys im a girl and i read! teehee

>fiancé is reading Knut Hamsun rn

huh wow

Most of the population doesn't read seriously anyway and those who di mostly read light hearted fair because they arent wannabe professors or tryin to get their internet dick suckd like most of this board

>but reading more complex things allows you to broaden your horizons and learn to appreciate more complex things

I agree, and pursuing high literature for these reasons is admirable. I just think there are also a large amount of people who read esteemed literature out of vanity so that they can put the milestone trophies on their wall

>there is no "inteligence threshold" where most people are incapable of understanding
Not concretely, but people will often jump headlong into Ulysses without having an inkling of knowledge about Irish / Greek culture, and no doubt much of it is lost on those people just because they wanted to tackle the 'big boy' of books.

>because women don't challenge themselves they never grow

I don't want to turn this into that kind of debate, but that's a pretty broad accusation. Also like I said earlier, I think the reason men are so bent on challenging themselves is the inherent tendency toward conflict and dominance turned inward

Girls read way more than boys, and women read way more than men. The problem is they do it for mindless entertainment and not personal and intellectual growth.

>muh obscure central europe names
I'm sick of this meme

meme response

If I wanted attention on this board I'd post a picture of my ass instead. U mad because I happen to have a cunt, bro? Kys you little sexist twat.

This bait is so bad I'm beginning to wonder if it's possible that baiters somehow get off at people pointing out that they're shit at baiting or that they're newfags or that they're trying to bait people into thinking they're newfag baiters

>ass
>not feet

newdyke detected

You're american, right? My condolences.

p-please post a pic of your feat.

youre not a girl. a female ogre possibly but not a human female.

Has acertado de pleno. Dios bendiga a América y esa mierda.
t. euro spic

I feel sorry for you. I'll help you look for your fedora, would that make you feel better?

You can't be very patrish if you think they're obscure.

>see what my mother, grandmother and sister read
>piles upon piles of shitty novels written by middle-aged women about women

My feet are ugly but my ass is divine.

A greentext preceeded by the adverb "muh" usually implies irony and shit mane. Lurk more.
And yeah, namedropping central and eastern european shite in order to flex tastes is a meme.

Veeky Forums is an irrelevant shithole full of pseuds who make up .0001% of the total male population, why would you like me them to generalise about an entire gender.

Post it, you whorish heresiarch

even if they read out of vanity it still has the same effect

If I were a whore I would've posted it already, silly boy.

And if my grannie had bollocks she'd be my grandpa.
Now post it.

Fuck you newfags for tainting this board. doesn't matter if bait is bad or not nowadays everyone bites the most obvious shit

Hey guys AM GIRL HAVE BIG SEGGSY AS

There's barely any difference between bait or roastie posts because women are that retarded.

The fact that you spend energy on warning us about such an obvious b8 only shows that your time is even more empty than ours

Women read more than men do.

Some more statistics.

Bit more, with English Literature degrees being nearly 70% women. Of course, philosophy is way down there, but OP didn't specify a type of reading material.

>76% of adults

simply not true, not in the US

>Niggers
>Majority of readers

They do some even write

At least one book? Remember they're not discriminating based on genre like Veeky Forums does. That includes everything from sports biographies to erotica to whatever airport novel happened to be around.

There's probably still some lying. I know some relatives who would say they "read" the Bible every year, and so would probably have counted it for this.

sure, bible, koran and comic books

I regularly and exclusively read the bible, koran and comic books.

Comic books are more likely to pad the male statistics though, t b h

Gombro is my favorite, wanna fug?

More stats, about library usage.

>whatismanga.cbr

I suppose, but I don't think that would tip the scales towards mostly female comic readership.

No nerds either

Shoe0nHead uses Veeky Forums. Hi OP.

What do you prefer, feet or ass?

lol get a load of this Milo wannabe

Women do read, but they are incapable of independent thought. That is why they only read literature that popular media tells them is good, and also is not thought provoking. Examples of novels such as this include Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, and Divergent (coincidentally all written by unintelligent women).

It is a biological fact that women simply need to be told what to do and what to think; they are like children in this and many other ways. They are terrible at both independent thought and objective analysis. That is why there is no such thing as a good woman scientist, lawyer, or philosopher, but they make good nurses, secretaries, etc. The huge gender gap in these professions exists for a reason.

Butthurt feminists will tell you otherwise, though.

reminder not to reply to misogynist threads

I have a theory that women like lit as it's another avenue to list over chads or be chad widows.
I used to run a popular blog and this woman met me at a convention who said how much she connected to my writing. Well I am a total awkward person and after that meeting she despised me.

Girls don't read because women are theoretical spirit-nullifying golems devised by ethereal freespace aliens to destroy humanity's potential for transcendence. Every sentient species in the Prime universe has a vitalist life-affirmation drive that points toward ascension as its entelechy, which means that, eventually, vital forces will surmount mere physicality and break through into higher realms, with unknown consequences for the eternal silence of those spheres, which are maintained by the steady, low-level thrumming of bounded and base intelligences. Creatures that feed and thrive on that silence want to maintain their habitus at all costs, so they send tendrils of noetical shit into our reality and subtly pollute the fourth aitia or telos of every species as soon as its inner light is visible from beyond. For humans, it is as natural to develop our Consciousness into Spirit as it is for other animals to follow their own instincts. The primary instinct of our umwelt is self-transcendence and self-perfection, so we fit into boundlessness as well as a dolphin fits into its own bounded quiddity of swimming and eating fish. The only way to stop this is to introduce detours and channels that disperse our potential. It's painful for the aliens to be in our reality, so they spend very long times devising the most economical investments of their ability to influence Prime space in order to achieve maximum results. They are more attuned to the pure Pythagorean substructural "morphe" than to graven "hyle," so their knowledge of how to follow variable "trees" of chaos is much greater than ours, who have the reverse tendency. In our case, they reached into the molecular structure of our genetic code, probably around the time we developed abstract thought, and rearranged the female genotype to make sure that any given woman's pure soul has an obstruction. They economically coopted existing structures and features, like fatty deposits, pleasure, and romantic love, and elegantly deformed them in just such a way as to cause a resonance cascade. On the individual level, instead of being born (as men) with pure souls, women are now born with a soul that has a big piece of meat stapled to it. Through an entropic transmission that is an insult to the inner purpose of all Prime life, women become Meat rather than Soul. They speak as Meat, live as Meat, think as Meat. Their animal instincts, subsumed into an enspirited Consciousness in the male human, become the locus of their transcendental apperception. On the social level, this creates an inescapable eddy which drags men into its centre of gravity. As animals, as Meat, women naturally tend toward communal instincts, and the atomised and rarefied individual men are dragged one by one into the orbit of Pussy. The spiritual system of humanity flattens out and deforms, its peaks and leaps become more and more uniform, it distends and denatures into waves and fluid dynamics rather than a sparking flame.

oh im a 22yo male about to begin my english lit program in uni. gonna get hella fucking laid.

>it's another avenue to list over chads or be chad widows

What do you mean by that?

And from my experience, I doubt it. Most women in my graduate program had already married for years, with husbands who didn't especially care about literature. They certainly weren't doing it to attract "Chad" types.

fyi that's a chart for PhDs, not undergraduates

fuck!

If you take out all the alien bullshit it's right on

Post as

my nigga Schopenhauer back from the dead

#WOKE

I believe every woman worships chads. Sometimes it's rock stars or dead authors or the pride and prejudice chad. Women revolve around their worship of the patriarchy and chads. Lesbians are the ultimate alpha widows

Oh, list = lust. What does widow mean in this theory?

genre doesn't matter idiot.

ass 100%

this is embarrassing, user

> we sometimes foolishly force ourselves to read canonized works even to the detriment of our enjoyment

I think you're misreading the chart. It's not saying they're a majority. Just that a higher percentage have read a single book in the year. According to , they overall read less than whites do.

Since they can never have them or they're gone they become god like and no man can ever compare. They are perfect. That's why this woman who met me at the convention started out being like you changed my life etc etc. then since i was beta and awkward as hell I became dirt to her. I always remembered that. I went from chad blogger to scum

I read the first books of Twilight and the Hunger Games for the hype when I was 14 and 15 respectfully. After reading I formed my own opinion about how lackluster the writing and even the characters, especially in the case of Twilight. I know other women who did the same...then again I went to an all girls private highschool so there's that.
But please, get your Schopenhaur memes out of here. The dude wrote that 100s of years ago before women were taught to think of anything else besides looks, marriage, and children. Pretty biased.

I had no idea who Schopenhaur was prior to you and that other user mentioning him in regards to my post. I have formed my own opinion of women based on my experience with them over the years combined with the humanities courses I had to take during university, where I saw a lot of statistics about women.

>no idea who Schopenhaur was
wew lad

Yet I'm an engineer and smarter than the memespouters on this board who read pseudo-literature and pretend they're intelligent.

stop making a fool of yourself user

Muted.

>when I was 14 and 15 respectfully
>respectfully

women, everybody.