Material rationalism has yet to rationally explain matter

Material rationalism has yet to rationally explain matter.

What the fuxking fuck did you just say to me? I am a material scientist and you are fucjing dead kiddo.

Other ways of thinking have yet to produce one correct result regarding anything

Intuition has given us missile weapons, agriculture and animal husbandry.

intuition did not give us missiles

Missile weapons as in stones, spears, arrows.

Every model has some irreducible components. Materialist views just try to limit these to the experienced world.

Materialism has yet to find a single irreducible material component. And most if not all people have enjoyed immaterial things since the beginning of recorded history - language, music, society.

It's also worth mentioning that any hypothetical irreducible material components would outright refute Materialism since they could not have come into being by material means.

Wave functions seem pretty irreducible. And "not finding" is not the same as "not having".

>come into being
That's a whole lot of assumptions in just three words.

Also, music, language and society are purely material. Without the matter making up the arrangements and movements, there'd be none of these things. They cannot be divorced from matter.

Philosophy belongs on or This thread is not related to science or math

If you have any qualms about those words then you're conceding that Materialism requires what you call a miracle as a foundation. (I myself have no problem with this, by the way.)

You're right in the sense that the channel those things circulate by and allow most people to perceive them are material but you're also conflating channel - means of propagation - with origin. They can be divorced from matter in the same way this comment can be divorced from your monitor.

"Miracle" is not the word I'd have used, but yes, there'll be some irreducible bedrock at the bottom of any model. This is not an argument against materialism in particular, but rather for limitations of human imagination and understanding.

And concerning the latter part - again, no idea, thought or expression has ever been shown to exist independent from a material medium. It can be transferred to another (sound to text to thought...), but will never stand alone. Remove the material and you remove the information.

This.

You're only making it spookier though. What were the first bits of matter that generated the first bits of information? What were the first bits of matter that generated the first bits of consciousness? This sounds to me like stereotypical (read: willfully misconstrued) Alchemy. Actually, the leap from lead to gold is both qualitatively and quantitatively much shorter than the leap from lead to this conversation.

I hope I'm not the only one aware of the irony here.

The same goes for the first point. If the irreducible bedrock of matter did not come into being by material means, or did not come into being at all, this would be more fanciful than the Eschaton and the Big Bang combined.

Reminder that philosophy is nothing but word games and semantic arguments devoid of any connection to reality.

Reminder that this statement is philosophic and ironic.

Reminder that it's a scientific statement since it's based on evidence after having watched you shitposters go round in circles based on definitions of words.

>Reminder that philosophy is nothing but word games and semantic arguments devoid of any connection to reality.

What is the evidence of language?

>If the irreducible bedrock of matter did not come into being by material means, or did not come into being at all, this would be more fanciful than the Eschaton and the Big Bang combined.
That's some heavy hyperbole there. Materialism is attractive because of its parsimony - its remaining fundamental mysteries and questions are shared with alternative views of reality, which in addition have some more explaining to do in order to justify themselves. The question why anything exists at all is beyond anything we have ever come up with, religions and philosophies and all. Even deities cannot dodge or solve this problem; they merely add one additional layer to explain another.

being this dumb. omfg your stupidity confounds me.

Explain.

Physical = anything that can be causally reduced to physics i.e. everything.

Shit thread