Anyone else here like Emil Cioran?

Anyone else here like Emil Cioran?

I've read A Short History of Decay, On the Heights of Despair, and I just picked this one up today. Love everything I've read so far, and I'm interested in finding some similar stuff besides the obvious Nietzsche/Schopenhauer.

Also how the fuck do you pronounce his name? I've heard "chaw-wren", "chore-ahn", and "see-rahn".

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Rozanov
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Journal of a Sad Whiny Cunt Written in All Honesty by Me

Yes, and he is one of my favorites. His principles will always be ridiculed by posters like because they've been so deluded by their own biology, because humanity "needs" to prosper.

"not everybody loses his innocence: therefore not everybody is unhappy. those who live naively, not out of stupidity - innocence is a pure state which excludes such deficiencies - but out of instinctive and organic love for nature, whose charm innocence is always quick to discover, those are the ones who achieve harmony, an integration with life, much coveted by those who struggle on the heights of despair."

What's your favorite book by him? And who else would you recommend?

The Trouble With Being Born is incredible. His writing is like little aphoristic sound bites of truth that hit you hard and change your views on the world forever.

Of course, I would have to recommend Ligotti's "The Conspiracy Against the Human Race."

Jokes on you I like Cioran. I just take breaks from masturbating to I Have a Special Plan for This World and reading The Last Messiah repeatedly while crying to shitpost.

That's fine. I'm just saying that this thread will only reach 30 posts maximum and many of those posts will be people arguing for a pro-natalist standpoint akin to the first post you created, because that's the way the world works.

I got a copy of On the Heights of Despair, i'm not sure if I should start right away.
Honestly I only got it because I was getting Tragic sense of Life by Unamuno and it was the same publisher for both books here in my country.

I'm still unsure how to approach Cioran, any tips?
Thank you.

These look incredible. Thanks!

how do i pronounce Nietzsche

Someone who is more well-read needs to remake this chart. Preferably with Cioran and Ligotti.

knee-sha

It has Cioran on it...

E-mill Chee-orr-ann

fucking illiterates

Whoops. Well, it's missing Grimscribe.

>that fucking title

It's what the book is about.

>namedropping Current 93 in the Cioran thread.

this whole thread is just too cool for school! :^D

"chore-ahn" is the closest of the three.

t. romanian

He's wickedly funny; if he weren't, he'd be insufferable. But because he's hyperselfaware, he's wickedly funny. Highly recommend All Gall is Divided:

"Perhaps existence is our exile and nothingness our home?"

neet-ski

Neet*chə*.

What do I start with? Recommended reading order, please?

No. Two syllables.
See

>someone needs to remake a chart on an undefined concept
>ligotti anywhere ever

Studying in Romania, you spell it like Chi-o-rAHn. Put emphasis on the AH

How would Stirners ideas contrast with his thought?

For similars: Albert Caraco, Philipp Mainländer, and Ulrich Horstmann. And Memegotti

Depressive cunt , read Lucian Blaga and become enlightened

>I would have to recommend Ligotti's "The Conspiracy Against the Human Race."

No, please don't.

>Chee-orr-ann
WRONG. ya dumb fuck. never insult anyone again ya cuck of a lad

this guy is basically a mix between /pol/ and /r9k/ minus the funny memes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Rozanov
was highly influential for Cioran

this post is basically "I have no clue but I must post"

Trouble with Being Born or
A Short History of Decay. If you want young facist Cioran you start with On the Heights of Despair.

this guy is basically a mix between /pol/ and /r9k/ minus the funny memes

Natalist scum.

this post basically summarizes Veeky Forums

"Chore-ahn"

Knee-CHA

Why?

I'm curious. To any anti-natalists are in here: if not being born is preferable to living, why have you not killed yourself yet?

You can read Cioran without labelling yourself anti-natalist. Or sometimes you may want childrens, sometimes not, or not care. Or sometimes say and live some things, and in other times think and live others things, etc. Coherency is merely accessory most of the times.
Anyway, not being born and killing oneself aren't the same thing for Cioran. That's one of the topics of The Trouble with Being born.

Hence why I didn't ask the question of people who had read Cioran, but anti-Natalists.

So if someone doesn't think it's moral to have kids that means they should kill themselves?

>sjc bookstore receipt

annapolis or santa fe?

sorry, read you too quickly

>Lucian Blaga

literally who

>the passion according to g.h.
I'm brazilian and that book is utter shit.

Brás Cubas is cool tho.

It's an excellent book, what the fuck are you talking about?

It's generical babble with almost no real good insights, sustaining itselft on a pastiche of brazilian modernists and on a circlejerkingly dull plot.

>generical

brazil pls

It's too late.

The list also has Women & Men, which is only on there due to its obscurity and length.

The Last Messiah is Zapffe, not Cioran

Cioran ideas suck and he is boring as fuck