What's the best Bible version?

What's the best Bible version?

KJV.

/thread

*In German, the title is more aptly translated to The anti-Christian.

what's the name on german? I speak a bit of german

I don't speak German, but it's implied in his work: Der Antichrist

To truly Grund it, one must read. Ist Verfufnd or however you pronounce it.

thread

but it's true user

>implying sny variation of the same ethno-centric morality fables has any literary value
stay pleb you piece of ass garbage

Could be the worst bait I've ever seen on lit.

but it's true user

>The Bible has no literary value
it's obviously past my bedtime, you euros can have it.

but it's true user

Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition

>the best version of The Bible is a philosophical diatribe about one of the chief characters in The Bible written a thousand years later
explain where the truth comes into play because I'm not seeing it

If you're reading it to study, then you'll want a version most close to the original manuscripts, then the NKJV is your best bet if you know how to make use of the textual footnotes. If you don't know how, then go with the NASB.

If you're reading it just for literary value, then KJV I guess

you will never see the truth

Neither will you.

Bible summed up: Turn the other cheek bro!!

According to this, I have only one cheek "bro".

The Bible has a summary and it's told in Luke 10:27 (Luke 10:25-37 for context).

>He answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.”

dont quote on me bro

their source was Veeky Forums?

being a abrahamic theist is automatically autism

Jefferson's bible.

/Thread

If you want a study bible, go with the Oxford Annotated Bible, based on the NRSV

i have RSV but not catholic edition. why is this one hated though btw?

Kind of a shame everyone goes straight to KJV. Used to be real debates in these threads. I'm assuming /pol/ocks are the ones answering with KJV. I've been in their Christian General and all they say is that KJV is the best and only bible. So obviously they are biased.

Y O U N G W O M A N
O
U
N
G
W
O
M
A
N

Its the only version that was translated directed from the original Greek manuscript.

But it was also heavily censored

no it isn't

The ASV, NASB, and ESV are all considered to be loyal and accurate translations, and the Greek manuscripts they are translated from are more reliable than what the KJV used.