If science is so smart why can't he predict what my brain will think next?

If science is so smart why can't he predict what my brain will think next?

Other urls found in this thread:

engadget.com/2016/01/29/scientists-predict-human-thought-in-real-time-nearly-every-time/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

free will makes your thoughts unpredictable

We already know what you think next ;)

because they don't care.

engadget.com/2016/01/29/scientists-predict-human-thought-in-real-time-nearly-every-time/

>implying free will exists

It doesn't mean thoughts can't be unpredictable if quantum mechanics is involved at all

>quantum memechanics
if its random, that means you don't have free will on it as well ;)

i predict that while reading this sentence you will think about a large throbbing cock.

Oh I don't disagree I'm not him

I didn't tho

depends on your favorite interpretation of quantum mechanics, no?

>Ascribing psychological predicates such as "smart" to concepts such as "science"
>Anthropomorphising "science" by ascribing it a sex
>Ascribing psychological predicates such as "think" to parts of a whole such as "brain"

Have you ever seen or heard science utter anything smart to judge it as smart?
Have you ever seen science's penis?
How do you conceive a brain (a part), minus the rest of your body (the whole), to think?

So many conceptual blunders, category errors, and mereological fallacies, and of course, sheer nonsense, in a 74-character question. Back to Veeky Forums I go.

Well I used to be a big believer of determinism but I'm not so sure now simply because of superposition, if it truly is random

you think about sex... all the fucking time

>scientists-predict-human-thought-in-real-time-nearly-every-time

Meaning
>scientists program a computer to classify past observed brain signals into one of three situation-appropriate groups

Wow, how generally predictive

Tsugi ni omae wa:
Hah! Veeky Forumsentists BTFO!
To iu!

fuck off autist; you're no better than he is.

you fell for the bait, autist
>inb4 "i was just pretending to fall for the bait"
>inb4 "I was only being autistic ironically"

Determinist fags ignore infinite regression everytime

50/50 = 1

ether it doesnt or it happens

I was scrolling up so I saw game over before I read the text above. Broken game mechanics I want a refund

>free will
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>he thinks science is a living thing that thinks and predicts

>if I conflate two things we don't fully understand, it will sound cool

If the brain worked on any level of quantum mechanics we would know. Based on things like nerve responses and the speed at which neurons fire in reactions to stimuli, it has to be based on ions and chemicals. No quantum mechanics at all.

I know OP is trolling but I had a similar thought. Like what if you were connected to a machine that told the scientists exactly how you will react to the environment. Now what if they show what the machine shows to you? This would create a feedback loop. What would happen?

>if

mind control machine

With well defined initial conditions and enough computing power, they can.