Medfags BTFO by AI

Finally!

extremetech.com/extreme/233746-ai-beats-doctors-at-visual-diagnosis-observes-many-times-more-lung-cancer-signals

>A new study from Stanford University could ruffle feathers in the medical community, as the researchers report that their newly developed machine learning algorithm can identify tissue slides exhibiting a specific type of cancer with far greater accuracy than human epidemiologists. It’s one of the first indications that computers aren’t just capable of addressing the “subjective” portions of medicine, but that they’re actually better suited to such problems than human doctors, in some cases.

How will Medfags ever recover?

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2016/7/5/12095830/google-deepmind-nhs-eye-disease-detection
drive.google.com/file/d/0BwQ4esYYFC04anR4VHM3aXZpMTQ/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Diagnosticians on suicide watch

until AI can be held liable for malpractice then AI will never in any capacity supersede a human physician.

democrat jew trial lawyers will never allow it sorry :*)

Just sue the campany which produced the AI or equipment using it.

AI can't malpractice and thats why they're gonna start replacing doctors ;)
>democrat jew trial lawyers will never allow it sorry :*)
You can always get AI as a second opinion, but sooner or later AI will show its superior powers and outpower puny lazy retarded doctors.

Ur time is running out medfags ;)

>until AI can be held liable for malpractice

Malpractice is deviation from treatment norms. AI can't deviate from treatment norms by definition, so there is no need to hold it liable for malpractice.

It's like holding your microwave-oven liable for food poisoning - not gonna happen.

>tfw I switched from Medicine to C.S. for this very reason
dodged a bullet there lads

doesnt work like that sorry (:

So it can do shit lab techs did previously?

Call me when it can do a holistic examination and perform surgery.

How the fuck is looking for shit in a slide "subjective", you huge dingus.

>doesnt work like that sorry (:

It works precisely like that.

Medical professionals will disagree on whether the slide depicts cancer or not.

>implying there's no such thing as software bugs
>implying ai magically knows everything
>implying ai observations aren't uncertain by nature

>AI can't deviate from treatment norms by definition

by what definition? lmfao quit talking about something you know nothing about

That doesn't make it subjective, that means it is unclear.

There is still a true conclusion.

Seriously? I was thinking of going the other way, switching from CS to med school.

> How will Medfags ever recover?

Turn said a.i. into meme medical kiosks to filter the plebs from the non plebs. While said doctors can save face and keep their jobs by being the ones who get to "officially" diagnose you and sign off on paper work.

Literally how it works

It's only a matter of time before autodocs become a reality. one day we'll have machines in every house that can cure you of all diseases.

>epidemiologist
Wat? Did he mean pathologists?
This is pathology, not diagnostics

Is this really surprising? There is a reason things like blood counts are done using machines: they are capable of counting much faster and much more accurately than a human. Going with the same thing here, they are better at searching through large numbers of cells and picking out the weird looking ones.

I knew masturbating all day long instead of being a doctor was the smart subject to major in.
I'm debt-free and jobless while they'll be assfucked with debts and jobless.

>he switched majors from helping humanity and constantly being on the edge of innovation to tech support

Point at him and laugh

>doctors jobless meme
>mfw no meme 300k+ After 3 years

By then there will no point in leaving your virtual reality machine.

theverge.com/2016/7/5/12095830/google-deepmind-nhs-eye-disease-detection

Of course. Medical result parsing is pretty much the perfect application for machine learning.

I'd much rather have an AI treat me in 5-10 years than a human.

>innovation
>aka not knowing what the fuck you're doing
>prescribing things other people discovered

>implying ai observations aren't uncertain by nature
dna tests are uncertain by nature
every nmr/gc/ms/ir w/e the fuck is uncertain by nature
pretty much everything in some way or another is uncertain
whats your point?
>implying there's no such thing as software bugs
malpractice of the developing company
>implying ai magically knows everything
it knows what it knows

Watching stembots argue about philosophy is hilarious.
You guys are fucking clueless

But he's right nigger. The "subjective" part in medecine is about dealing with the emotions of patients and deciding whether or not their degree of distress warrants heavy treatment.

Whether some tissue has cancer or not isn't subjective.

>Cancer exists objectively

>stembots
>bots

Take yourself and your shitty frog back to

lel
99% of doctors are absolute shit

drive.google.com/file/d/0BwQ4esYYFC04anR4VHM3aXZpMTQ/view

Here is the memorandum of understanding between deepmind and UK's NHS.

This will never take off. A bunch of angry, rich men (AKA doctors) will never let their source of income run out, and if this becomes a threat, THEY WILL STOP THIS.

CS babies are delusional.

People are also not comfortable being treated or diagnosed by machines. We have nothing to worry about, medfags.

Medfag here, you guys are completely misunderstanding what this means for medicine

AI will most certainly be used to supplement the work that doctors do, but it will never fully replace them, because the 99% of people in the world who aren't autists overwhelmingly prefer human interaction to speaking with a computer

But you guys may never understand that

Automated "help" is replacement though.

If AI replaces what an eye doctor at the NHS spends 30% of their time doing. That is still replacement. While the total load of possible work is still enough to keep all eye doctors employed. That doesn't change that AI replaced doctor work.

Doctors are in a unique case of being in under-supply compared to demand pretty much all over the world so unemployment will not be a thing.

Supply vs Demand and employment doesn't change the fact it is AI replacing doctors.