Top 3 of each!!! Let's go

Top 3 of each!!! Let's go
r8, h8, masturb8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FmvU3urYQgI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fuck off, this anti-intellectual social media garbage does not belong here, and your taste in literature is so basic its scarcely worth sharing

Vidya, Movies and Albums belong on their respective boards, and I don't play vidya anymore and rarely listen to music--but whatever I'll play along.

Also, damn OP, you are fucking me with the Ulysses and Morrowind and Mulholland Drive. But stop posturing, no one truly likes the original Zelda more than OoT and MM.

Also, 120 Days of Sodom--if it's really in your top 3 you're an edgy 19 year old who needs to read more.

I want to believe this is a good, subtle troll. I want to believe.

>I want to believe this is a good, subtle troll. I want to believe.

yeah well fuck you faggot

Hopefully, you'll be able to make out my penmanship.

Really m8, out of all tv shows, Better Call Saul?

Its literally the only TV I watch, trying to get more into television soon just so I can talk about it but I really don't enjoy watching tv much. As you can see the rest of my shows are chink shit and I didn't want to have all anime.

The video games/music are more for the whole series/artists. I couldn't pick a single, favorite entry.

>Lupin
My man

youtube.com/watch?v=FmvU3urYQgI

I made a mistake. Here's the fix.

that is some real nice music taste my man

Didn't actually know that Wise Blood was a movie until I googled it to make this. Has anybody seen it?

Nice to see someone else with Only Yesterday.

>Stand by Meme
>Le meme French kid steals a typewriter
you disgust me

If it's a coming of age story there's a 90% chance I'll love it. I blame my own arrested development.

I like coming of age stories, just not those particular ones. I just finished "When Marnie Was There" last night and thought it was fantastic. Apparently Studio Memehli made a movie out of that one too, so I'll have to look into that.

>top 3 albums are hip hop
jeez
i mean i like those albums a lot, but top 3? are you like not into music at all?

Nobody in this thread is into any of these hobbies at all. Everything in this thread is in a top 100 list of their respective field. It's not bad, it's just fucking boring.

>entry level tarkovsky
>entry level bergman
>entry level lynch
>pretends to like marquis de sade
>plays video games

somehow i don't believe you've read ulysses

terrible movie taste

wow, why bother posting

On phone, so I'm just gonna type 'em out. Also, I don't really have "favorites" so I'll just pick three of each that I particularly like.

>Books
Hesse - Demian or Narcissus and Goldmund
Steinbeck - Grapes of Wrath
Heller - Picture This (Something Happened might be "better", but whatever)

>Vidya
Katamari Damacy
VVVVVV
Earthworm Jim

>Movies
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
Harvey
A Bronx Tale

>Albums
London Saxophonic and Moondog - Sax Pax for a Sax
Modest Mouse - The Lonesome Crowded West or The Moon and Antarctica
Blue Scholars - Bayani

>the memes and memers
>meme-22
>the meme works of zhuangzi
>meme quest
>memevion
>fire meme
>la meme sauvage
>meme master
>johnny meme dog
>meme swing
>meme 6
>DJ meme

Please offer me alternatives that can break the sentiment formed for these films might wise one cos I've seen a vast majority of all their works
>>pretends to like marquis de sade
Pretending takes too much work I'd rather not do it
>>plays video games
Got me there, I guess you're right I haven't read it, sorry dude
If you didn't include the moon and antarctica I'd be happy with this, but God damn that album is shit compared to everything modest mouse had done previously

1. I like hip hop, it's my favorite genre
2. I literally said in my post "and I don't play vidya anymore and rarely listen to music"
>and rarely listen to music

Can you not read?

Thanks brah what are your 3 favorites?

ITT: literally everyone's selections trigger everyone else and nothing is satisfactory.

you have embarrassingly superficial taste in everything

pss that album doesn't say "swing" the band's name is Pearls Before Swine good guess tho

finally someone who's not a total pleb

Not OP, but define "superficial" as it pertains? How is Ulysses a superficial novel for example?

yeah it's pretty whatever, book is infinitely better

Give your chart faggot.

It's interesting that the only people shallow enough to make these charts where they substitute pop culture for an identity also have extremely shallow taste in media

what's fun about Grand Theft Auto 5. Not trolling i'm considering getting it, but I've never played a GTA game before

>shitposting this hard

>It's interesting that the only people shallow enough to make these charts where they substitute pop culture for an identity also have extremely shallow taste in media

Dude, relax. It's some dopey just-for-fun bullshit on an anonymous Burmese marionette show website for adult virgins. Can you really be this autistic?

>videogames

your list consists entirely of the most well-known 'good' examples of each medium. Your lists have no depth at all which is indicative of how little you've explored lit, film, music, and video games

Here you go.

The 400 Blows is wonderful

How do you know which list is mine or if I've posted one?

I don't give a fuck, if it's not yours consider it 'the list' you autist

Where's the anime column though?

You need to read more literature, you haven't found your niche yet. Otherwise pretty good, honest list

Why do people think Mullholand Drive is so good? It's quite obviously cut together from a tv pilot episode. I appreciate the core of it but there is so much shit going on that's just unresolved pointless leftovers from an originally much longer story. If I had to pick a lynch film to include it would be Eraserhead and maybe Blue Velvet. Or is it just because lesbians?

>You need to read more literature, you haven't found your niche yet.

What do you mean?

>you haven't found your niche yet

Big fat books about the human condition not niche enough for you?

I can't speak for OP but it's genuinely one of the most terrifying and disturbing movies I've ever seen.

I've never really met anyone that's been an avid reader whose favorites consisted of the three most canonized, most well-known books of all time. Maybe they are your favorites, but it's more likely that you just haven't yet found enough literature that pertains to your particular set of sensibilities. It's common among most people that are new to a medium, they attach themselves to the most well-regarded works in order to convince themselves that their taste is aligned with popular conception of what is 'good'

Perfect From Now On is fucking amazing. Good taste, user. And I'm going to see modest mouse tonight... Stoked.

would hang out with

>watching for plot
>not appreciating Lynch's visual prose

Oh, I see. Maybe that's me, but I certainly haven't done it on purpose. I'm mostly just going through the canon and those are the three works I've enjoyed the most. If I had more room than just the three I think you'd see a common trend, though. Immediately below them I'd put three or four more works of Dostoevsky, Sophocles' Oedipus trilogy, and maybe the Odyssey.

For me it's just the mood it established, the imagery and atmosphere really punched me in the gut and just stuck with me. It was just eerie and unsettling in the best way.

The cowboy scene
The scene in the club
The corpse scene
The "This is the girl" scene

Yes, it's rough around the edges because of it's history, but films are about more than just the mechanics of muh plot, muh story. And actually the main important stuff in MD is all there and actually quite comprehensible compared to other Lynch stuff.

I could watch MD any number of times just as a visual/emotional experience. I think it's his best movie. Vastly superior to offerings like Inland Empire, where it just feels like someone trying to be Lynch.

Patrish

>babby's first jazz records
>fitzgerald
>hemingway
>woody allen
not really

He means that it looks like you picked your favorite three out of an intro to literature list. These books are so popular because their appeal is so universal but being so universal in appeal also means they don't appeal specifically to anyone in particular. So it might seem a little bland to list them as your favorites and raises the suspicion that you simply have not yet been exposed to less universally appealing books that speak specifically to your aesthetics, emotions and ideas. It's like saying you like pasta, pizza and ice cream or the Beatles, Michael Jackson and Queen.

in b4 hipster

I think he was being sarcastic.

It's just fun. The story feels like a cheap imitation of the gangster films before it, but the characters are at least likable. It's main appeal is pretty much that of any open-world game, which is being able to do whatever the hell you want.

huh

What do you think of ?

I don't think it's necessarily true that because those books are universally appealing, they can't specifically appeal to what my specific taste is. It's not like they're unfocused

Good anime choices but everything else is really gay desu familia

> Only Yesterday

Honestly one of my favourites and I know nobody else that has seen it. It's so beautiful, it's like Yasujiro in animated form. I wish you a nice day, user.

Books: I don't have a favorite one
Video games: RE4
Movies: I don't watch movies
Music: I don't listen to music

>whatever the hell you want

don't listen to this guy, GTA is an incredibly limited game. It's not like open world rpg's where you can interact with most buildings and people around you in some way. The only buildings open to you are gun stores, auto shops, and quest-related destinations, the others are effectively just obstacles. The missions are also incredibly narrow and limited, with you having to do things exactly to the letter of how the game tells you.

The good things about GTA5 are:
It's pretty
driving around listening to tunes is fun
the occasional rampage
exploration
a lengthy main quest

This board is is by a longshot the most autistic forum on this Mongolian basket weaving board. And I now see why, you dumb faggots think that somehow you being able to read 100+ year old books written by Germans and Russian with names the majority of the population can't pronounce sometimes you superior in every attribute possible. And you think that nobody else reads literature other than your circle of non-existent friends so you shit on other forms of art you know nothing about; you are narcissistic, deluded, and arrogant beyond belief on this board because everyone in real life hates your smug ass.

Everyone fucking hates you people. You aren't special, you are a bunch of whiny nerds who are good at reading, something probably 40%of the population is. You are practically the same as 12 year olds fighting over consoles except you use more advanced English.

Tl;dr kys you stupid fucking nerd

someone got triggered by being called a pleb earlier in the thread, didn't they?

Wow dude, did someone say anything bad about your beloved anime?

Who hurt you, user?

>don't listen to this guy, GTA is an incredibly limited game. It's not like open world rpg's where you can interact with most buildings and people around you in some way.
well cmon man, obviously not, but it's a pretty open game.
like that guy said, if literally feels like you're stuck in a gangster movie and you objectively have some pretty measurable agency inside the world that was built around that particular purpose.

christ, i get sentimental and want to get it and install it just typing this.

>calls it a special snowflake chart
>participates anyway

Not enough posts in this vein.
What happened, Veeky Forums?

Because it's fun.

>fun doing faggoty things

4uuuuuuuuuu

"Not obscure enough!" - Veeky Forums

>Princess Trainer

Kek

why graduation? i'm also a kanye fan but just wondering since he's got stronger albums imo.

Hitting people with a hammer in first person mode.

Ulysses is a huge outlier on that chart. Makes me really wonder how you experienced it, and the other things on your list in relation to that experience.

Impressive. No weak links.

Cool to see Diablo 2, my fav aswell

Just one of those games you have to play through again every year or two, it's a magical experience

Yeah I'm not trying to read that. It's called clicking the type button in Paint, ever heard of it

former cs 1.6 pro current patrician

Apocalypse Now and Don Quixote are wonderful

>brainlet
kek good post

excellent taste

good taste
bad music
>can we all appreciate gta san andreas as the greatest work of literature?
>the pretentiousness of Alain, the impending doom of Hemingway, the proficiency of Burton and literal niggers