How does Veeky Forums deal with depression?

how does Veeky Forums deal with depression?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9oX2xFo7JA4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I kill myself everyday but we are stuck in an eternal reoccurring universe

>>/v/

this is deep

I go on Veeky Forums and make a thread asking the faggots on Veeky Forums to fix all of my problems.

If I am going through a real rough patch,I avoid all stimulants (sugar caffeine alcohol )

i've had enough shitty experiences in life to be happy that i'm alive at all.

thinking about how lucky you are to even exist, and that this is all a wash at the end of the day, at least I feel that I want to be a good person and spread positive qualities.

None of this shit matters, but since I'm here, let alone in a first world country as a white male, I'm not going to be an asshole about it.

I've been suicidal, and it eventually passed. I like being happy, and I'm willing to deal with the shitty moments for the good moments. When I die, if that's all there is, then I'm fine with it. I'm here so I'm not going to waste it.

I have just about zero genetic predispositions. My grandmother has thyroid problems, eventually developed graves disease, and my mother and her sisters has had thyroid problems, but I don't seem to have inherited it and it a moderate issue at best. Nobody in my family develops cancer. They all just die of strokes in in their 80s and 90s. Sure, I become depressed over things in my own life and have become suicidal at a point, but it passes. I think life is more interesting than any person could come close to fully comprehending and that (most)people(in first world countries) are lucky to exist and experience the good parts of life.

Do an activity that absorbed you completely. I am also medicated.
Cocktail: Bupropion, lamotrigine, aripiprazole, alprazolam as needed, methylphenidate as needed

pretty much this

OP, you can create alot of your subjective reality.
"Just" do what you want to do with your life.

It's kind of a common thing that you have to be this or that or own this or that do be happy, but it's bullshit. do what you want to do.

what would that be, that you want to do?
you'll find out through experience.

don't be completly naive though, because people will want to bullshit you.

100mg 5-htp 3 times a week freely chosen when to take

I don't.

[eqn]\lim_{t \to \infty}Veeky Forums=/soc/[/eqn]

depression is a disorder, not a logical feeling

we leave this cesspool of a site for a while

i snort speed and binge drink in hopes of damaging my health enough that i indirectly commit suicide

LSD

I read this.

Find a friend and hug them until I'm better

I just suck my own dick. Must suck not being flexible.

>lamotrigine, aripiprazole
medbrofist

why are you taking antipsychotics? must be more than just depression. personally i have been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder, i had some psychotic episodes before i was put on aripripazol. lamotrigin is great against the depressive symptoms

Drink wine and do science

y so mad?

Yeah I'm bipolar mixed. Doctor wanted to give me ability couple years ago but the generic here in the states wasn't around and my insurance said fuck no. So I asked again the other day and now the script is on its way. I commented in the thread because I experience depression from my condition even though it's not strictly depression.

I dont.
i just sit either at uni doing math
or at home playing vidia.

one day ill be dead and that is just about as irrelevant as the depression itself.

Man is the only animal for whom his own existence is a problem which he has to solve.

Get a pet

Forgot to add this image

Woo

You could as well just read the bible, same category.

you man the fuck up, you weak piece of shit

Lol xD

>depression is a disorder, not a logical feeling

Not necessarily. One theory of depression states that it is a defense mechanism that improves your chances of survival.

Example: You get sick and your body is having a hard time recovering. So the brain ramps down chemicals that make you feel good in certain situations (rewards) so you become disinterested in the stuff that is holding you back from healing - eg. stuff that is robbing energy from your immune system/repair mechanisms - working out, playing sports, being social, going out and partying, etc. Unfortunately, it can't pick and chose so even stuff that isn't hurting you gets blunted in happiness-levels (rewards).

In this regard, depression would not be a disorder. It would be logical for your body and your health. Your body can't speak English to you so it has to coerce a change in your behavior in other ways.

Medication and thinking about the future.

youtube.com/watch?v=9oX2xFo7JA4

I go to shrink

Decide if I'm going to have an existence it needs to be to fight against nihilistic existentialistic apathy.

I'm getting better, but damn, school didn't prepare me for this.

I stop being such a huge faggot and get out there to play my part in furthering science to no particular end like the last guys did.

If the space-time can actually get ripped in time of expansion - of course it's going cyclical, it's rather a unique phenomena that will break up into whatever it runs behind of.

Exercise.

I'm just active. I recognize when I'm depressed and push myself to do things. I garden, exercise, ride my bike, visit state and national parks, push myself to visit friends, paint or woodworking, or just hangout with my girlfriend.

What do you do for living?

Marijuana.

Realize that free will and the continuity of self is an illusion and we're all just advancing along the universal timeline.

Then go study something that interests you.

Yeah I'll just hang out with my imaginary girlfriend.

Get off my board normie.

Top kek.

I do the same. Don't know why it made me kek though

RMT is science

I plan to commit suicide before I turn 30.

honestly i havent and i dont plan to

Wow.. this theory explains my situation I'm in. Thanks user. It certainly can 've a defense mechanism, and it us currently preserving the integrity of my injured wrist and my chronicly ill muscles in my legs. The more exercise I do, the worse it gets but exercise was the only thing that made me feel good but I can't do any of that knowingly hurting my body...

Set a goal and reach it, even if it means embarrassing myself, or putting me in an uncomfortable situation, for the past 3 years Ive tried to do one thing every day that scares the shit out of me, ( get I girls snapchat/ phone number, do a dare in public for my friends, express my beliefs openly etc... ) I lie to myself and make myself believe I'm the hottest damn shit on this planet, After a while ( took a full year of pure hell and confusion ) my brain started to believe itself, I feel confident as fuck and I'm not afraid to do shit haha, it has made me somewhat prone to trouble but it's fun

Adderall. It's killing me but it's all good

Lift and exercise breh.

>>Veeky Forums>>

I know it's not depression in the medical sense but it makes me sad how there is nothing I have a passion for. I find many disciplines of science interesting but nothing really excites me. I am stuck just reading digested pop-sci articles instead of working on something myself. At the same time entertainment like video games or tv doesn't interest me at all. So I just do nothing but browse imageboards all day since I have nothing to focus on.

>tfw this describes me
>most depressing thing ive read all day

fml

Survive another day until I find something inside me that makes me actually enjoy life.

>tfw vidya stymied your childhood
>tfw hate vidya now

Welp.

I pray to God

I don't have depression as a disorder, however I'm a generally pessimistic person and whenever I get depression like symptoms I engage a friend in conversation about whatever's bothering me. Sometimes I rant to get frustration or stress off my chest, other times I just tell them that I'm feeling shitty and we watch something funny or do some distracting activity and I'll feel better afterwards.

I tried anti-depressants, not a ton of luck and the weight gain was real. I took a gene test and discovered (well, they discovered) I couldn't metabolize folic acid into methyl folate, so now I take a prescription supplement to address that (it's the straight up folate that my stupid body can't make) and it's made everything good.

So... try that I guess.

placebo

The evidence is there, the peer reviewed studies are there, the reasoning is sound.

It certainly could be in my case but there's tremendous reason to think it's not.

Levomefolic acid use to treat MDD is pretty well established and is known to work in double blind studies. You're dismissing one of the great examples of personalized, gene-and-evidence based medicine based off knee jerk reactions.

This, every minute of every waking day, and if you can't reach communication you just suffer

Worst part is everyone gets angst when you start taking to them because they know you're just having feelings again and they're going to have to cheer you up

Find something you don't understand and really obsess over it for the rest of your life. Not only will you be useful and impressive to some, you will forget about your existential misery, among other things.

Sorry about your small dong

I don't know.

I can't enjoy anything, I don't have fun doing anything, and being terrible at everything I try to do or have tried to do doesn't help.

I feel like I don't deserve to have good grades either and that I've gotten lucky/cheated my way through college so far.

Doesn't work does it? Want to know why?

/thread

Could also just piss around, nothing serious, cause...

You're here forever.

>stymie
>prevent or hinder the progress of
If only it could do this.

Vidya can't be as fun as before we saw it all... but still a good waste of time.

>all these depressedfags
Shouldn't have done all those stims, your dopamine receptors are fucked
Might as well kill yourself now, it doesn't get any better.

>how does Veeky Forums deal with depression?

I started eating healthier and exercising which made a positive difference but still have to deal with working a job I hate in a city a hate even more.
I'm working towards a job I'm passionate about tho which actually excites me and staves off the thoughts of blowing my brains out.

Psychedelics
Weed
Playing guitar
Browsing an imageboard
Documentaries

Knowing that I live 10 minutes away from a very transitated railway offers a quick solution if things go south.

In the end, is about knowing that you have a way out in case that you need one.

I learned to stop asking these questions.
The problems are only imaginary; they only exist because of the questions

I don't get depressed. I see it as an opportunity to learn. Almost anything most would comprehend as bad luck or whatever you could turn around and think "wow cool, now I get to learn how this shit works".

No, that doesn't make sense.
If someone is able to suck his own dick, it's more probable that it's big.