Character Names

What should I name an immortal vampire in the body of a 12 year old girl who inhabits a mansion in the old west?

I'm thinking Alice Bloodworth.

George.

George Chung

Chi-tey Chan-ra Fijjion.

Beryl Blutstein

pedo undertones or no?

what a stupid question

ok, intentional pedo undertones or no?

brilliant name (in a terrible but perfect way) but 12 is too young for maximum delicious ya dollars. 15 would be better

Sevvokneeeeee with a silent s

Evangeline McDowell

Piggy Peggy

sounds absolutely perfect if your target audience is 13 year old girls. and it seems like it is

Jenny McFang

Alicia Throatsucker

Grace Ancientone

Alyssa the Kissa

Bloody Mary II

Margie Lifeless

Lizzy "Paperskin" Smothely

Janet Bitemore

Ladasha Dracula

Sandra

"Life is always a continuation of unpreparedness"

Arya McEdgyLord

Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade

nope. angsty teen girls don't want to read about kids younger than them. they want to pretend they're "mature" like the main character. if you want to go big take your target audience and add 1-3 years to their age for your lead (don't want to go too old or they get too close to being an adult which is even worse than being a little kid).

Interesting point about her age. I want my story to illustrate my dilemma with women, the two main vampires being girls respectively and the ones trying to chase them down three men. Alice, the 12 year old embodies the dangerous nature of innocence, while the other vampire, Adrianne, appears to be a beautiful young woman, who represents the dangerous nature of a woman's sexual appeal. Throughout the story the two vampires use their individual charms to murder men. I'd worry that Alice would lose that feigned innocence if I increased her age, but it would allow me to tie in themes of the budding sexuality of adolescence that would be unique to her.

There are actually four main characters. Remember this takes place in the old west. One is a traveling snake oil salesman who was set to inherit his father's clinic, but was accused of murdering his wife and had to flee out west. The other is a secretary at the town office, a good boy who's hands are soft as his conscience. Last of the men is the young son of the leader of a gang of cattle rustlers.

Then there is Alice. There is another main vampire character but I will not tell any chapters from her perspective like the others.

Sally the vampire

Bitey McGee

OMGLOOKATME IMSPARKLY

George Chung-Lee

that works. then they have one to look up to and one to feel superior to (because they'll ignore the fact that she has hundreds of years of mental growth in favor of the fact that she appears 12 so they *must* know more than her, because kids are superficial retards like that).

slight sidenote, both and were me.

though my age comments are dependent on teenagers being your target. or are you going for more of the anne rice/true blood audience?

either way, alice bloodworth is a perfect pulp name.

I am going for very wide audience. It is not intended to be amother romanticized vampire story, but a look at human nature told through a vampire story. But I do think if it does succeed the first readers to parrot it around would be relatively young. I'm not writing it for the money or fame though, it's just me wanting to create something. I do think it would make a phenomenal movie though, and it carries just the right amount of quirkyness and thought provoking themes that it could become pretty trendy.

I'm definitely not gonna make it a series though, Alice will burn under the sun at the end in the ruins of her mansion as she gazes at the sky for the first time in centuries, reconciling with God and herself as she perishes

And pulp is the polar opposite of what I'm going for. If anything I want my work to change the general consensus of what a vampire story is, maybe I should do away with the last name or chose a non-themed one

>what are prequels

Everything worth knowing about each character's past will be explained because many of their motivations are drawn from their respective experiences.

sorry to be a dickhole, but if you seriously considered that name for characters in a serious examination of humanity through inhumanity and as anything other than pulp you're going to fail. especially with a bunch of genre cliches rounding out the cast.

>what is tongue-in-cheek

Vladimir ShootinPutin

>sorry to be a dickhole

I'm thinking of dedicating my life to the completing of this story, any criticism is welcomed. Looks like my biggest hurdle to overcome is removing cliches. Unfortunately I'm not very well versed in vampire stories other than Dracula, I may need to study all of the mainstream ones so I can identify cliches and eliminate them. I am going to tie in a Native American legend too because of the setting which will hopefully help set me apart. But I also worry about straying too far that I lose interest from fans of vampire stories.

i'd start with interview with the vampire which is not a terrible book (though everything else she's written is) and pretty much jumpstarted the modern sexy vampire trope (yeah, i know, vampires have been sexy for a long time, but she updated it and made it more of a focal point that most main stream vampires since have followed).

also get yourself versed on the old west, both historically and fictionally.

figure out your vampires' backstories, where they're from originally, how they turned, how long they've been around (almost said "alive", oops), how long they stayed in places and what events they would have been through there. how much do they try to keep on touch with their lost humanity? do they keep their original names as a call back to it, or do they take new names every place they go? if they do take new names maybe they've developed a taste for theatrical cynicism, in which case you might be able to pull off bloodworth, but the rest better be good so the name doesn't turn people off when they read the back cover.

Very good points, thank you user. I think I'll have them adopted the name bloodworth as a from of ironic pride of what they are somewhere in the middle of the book. Looks like I've got some books to read. I definitely have the motivation as I'm really putting "myself" into this story. It's going to be my mark left on the world after I perish

oh, and if your native american legend is the wendigo watch ravenous. hell, watch it even if that isn't your legend. *excellent* movie, and handles fighting with losing humanity well.

expanding slightly on interview with the vampire, it does a good job comparing "new" vampire (louis) with "old" vampire (lestat) and their outlooks on humanity, and mostly takes place in the 18th-19th century south, while managing to keep that as a setting and not allowing it to overpower the plot with cliches and archetypes (important for your setting).

You're right, it is the Wendigo. Thank you for the recommendation and advice.

Dixie Cup Underblood

your welcome
>tfw what looks like a throwaway thread ends up being productive

I guess I knew that there was something awry about the name I had chosen and was kind of hoping for an explanation why like you gave me, rather than other name suggestions. And if this ever gets published as a book I'll dedicate it to Veeky Forums. Every few months or so I might make amother thread asking for something else, I'll post under the trip Alice Bloodworth if I do. Well until then I've got some research to do

Cunt McPuntington

Carol-anne Pretzelfuck

Smoakmoar McToakmoar

Violet Churchgrab

Samantha Meatflap

Jenny Drinderstaone

Oshino Shinobu

>trip
terrible idea. then i'll just berate you ceaselessly for being a faggot instead of helping you.

unless it gets published. then trip away.

Kiss Shot Acerola Orion Heart Under Blade.