Best books on Anarchy?

Wasn't able to find much in the Recommended literature wiki.

Other urls found in this thread:

dwardmac.pitzer.edu/Anarchist_Archives
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Read Lenin and Bordiga instead

Have you tried the Anarchist's Cookbook? I have to say, their recipe for "Rage Against the Praline" is revolutionary in its own right!

Well you could just read the classics Proudhon, Bakunin, etc

Hans Hermann Hoppe's Democracy the God that Failed

Matthew Arnold and that tiny bit of Kant

There are also a number of anarcho syndicalist pamphlets. And some of Gramsci's speeches to anarchists in Italy were quite interesting. Oh and Chomsky is (at least half of the time) an anarcho syndicalist. And that reminds me, Feyerabend

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll look into all of them. So that's a no to Kropotkin?

What is property
Mutual aid
Conquest of bread
Ego and it's own
Post scarcity anarchism

Someone always slips through the cracks don't they?

I don't know. I'm pretty ignorant of this subject. Just recently interested.

Completely ignorant

Demanding the Impossible: A History of Anarchism is a p good introductory text imo.

I post this same thing in every single one of these threads, but here you go:

dwardmac.pitzer.edu/Anarchist_Archives

Start by looking into the writings of the main figures included in the list at the top left of the homepage of this site. Personally, I am a big fan of William Godwin's treatise titled Enquiry Concerning Political Justice, and its Influence on General Virtue and Happiness. Here is an excerpt from Book I Chapter III, Spirit of Political Institutions, I also regularly post in these threads:

>A second source of those destructive passions by which the peace of society is interrupted is to be found in the luxury, the pageantry and magnificence with which enormous wealth is usually accompanied. Human beings are capable of encountering with cheerfulness considerable hardships when those hardships are impartially shared with the rest of the society, and they are not insulted with the spectacle of indolence and ease in others, no way deserving of greater advantages than themselves. But it is a bitter aggravation of their own calamity, to have the privileges of others forced on their observation, and, while they are perpetually and vainly endeavouring to secure for themselves and their families the poorest conveniences, to find others revelling in the fruits of their labours. This aggravation is assiduously administered to them under most of the political establishments at present in existence. There is a numerous class of individuals who, though rich, have neither brilliant talents nor sublime virtues; and, however highly they may prize their education, their affability, their superior polish and the elegance of their manners, have a secret consciousness that they possess nothing by which they can so securely assert their pre-eminence and keep their inferiors at a distance as the splendour of their equipage, the magnificence of their retinue and the sumptuousness of their entertainments. The poor man is struck with this exhibition; he feels his own miseries; he knows how unwearied are his efforts to obtain a slender pittance of this prodigal waste; and he mistakes opulence for felicity. He cannot persuade himself that an embroidered garment may frequently cover an aching heart.

>dwardmac.pitzer.edu/Anarchist_Archives
Nice. Thanks. This is my first time seeing this since I don't browse here too often.

Read le Stirner

>Recommending le dark enlightenment XD
Consider suicide

Do you crave disorder, or do you simply wish to study it? I couldn't imagine how base your family must be, if the former inspires you.

>Read Lenin and Bordiga instead
>mfw I've found one of the ten left communists in the world

The only good ancap, if not the only good an

>Recommending pinkos
Consider murdering tens of millions in the 20th century

I just want to study it. I'm a pretty clean guy that keeps his shit together though.

This OP, left-anarchism is a joke.

A few questions: what is the point of a full anarchist county if someone will eventually create a type of government to take over? How will the people protect the land from said government without creating an authority? Is there such a thing as controlled anarchy? It seems like an anarchist government cannot sustain itself

Read Orwell's Homage To Catalonia, that'll explain a massive amount of why this or that without overly resorting academic arguments (I think it's important to see past those to some degree as the real attraction of Anarchism is really more straightforward).

Many Anarchist thinkers like Bakunin and I believe Mr Stirner full on don't believe in having a revolution and replacing one state with another state. Like their issue is with the concept of the state itself to some degree. The argument you're putting forward is actually an old argument from Kant (and so is about as old as the concept of anarchism) so as you read through you'll find it's mentioned quite a bit even in Proudhon, tho Proudhon's treatment has a few uncomfortable holes iirc (he does put forward arguments for why a state is untenable, but (and this is where I'm hazy) he does argue for using state apparatus as a tool to reach goals but glosses over a lot of detail. You're going to find a lot of non practical, quite academic arguments about the whole state thing).

The Ego and Its Own.
>full anarchist
>county
Nigger.
> if someone will eventually create a type of government to take over?
How would they do that?
>How will the people protect the land from said government without creating an authority?
Guns.
>It seems like an anarchist government cannot sustain itself
You're not wrong. "Anarchist government" makes no sense.