Anyone know any good youtube philosophy channels?

Anyone know any good youtube philosophy channels?
Only shit I could find is either
>people recording themselves with 240p webcams,
>john green's faggot brother,
>that 'pop' philosophy crap (School of Life & 8-bit Philosophy - though not excluding John Green) and the only redeeming youtuber;
>Eric Dodson youtube.com/channel/UCr8ziBzqZlGAvv4krfAAORQ

any other good video resources to get en/lit/ened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xwOCmJevigw
youtu.be/lA8O4ptxVxc
youtube.com/user/gbisadler
youtube.com/watch?v=X-buzVjYQvY
youtube.com/watch?v=we6cwmzhbBE
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD00D35CBC75941BD
youtube.com/channel/UCPoUoUX-i5G5uIds7_zdNFg
youtube.com/channel/UC9ff15w4ufviWfv9UfIuByA/videos
youtu.be/ybBwsldL0k4
youtube.com/user/WirelessPhilosophy
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4gvlOxpKKIgR4OyOt31isknkVH2Kweq2
youtube.com/channel/UCrd5hdVqKyLnO8cSp5lndsA/videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3eMcg42CrI77v5--D6eizUWrowvSyUTd
youtube.com/watch?v=aCTfGczu8SY
youtube.com/watch?v=gcC5g4A9IM4
youtube.com/watch?v=dYqNIeo8U38
youtube.com/watch?v=a0UxFhKOiFg
youtube.com/channel/UCh613185XS3ttEUA8UYnPuw
youtube.com/watch?v=pnbxepj5R4o&list=PLS8vfA_ckeuYdl-scU11yb-GwmuGcomnS&index=1
historyofphilosophy.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=UUulxkAk68o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

read an actual book you mong

Currently doing a thorough read of TBK
just want something to watch while I masturbate user

If fun is allowed look up 3 minute philosophy, it's an aussie guy summaries philosophers with MS paint. Better than it sounds like.

youtube.com/watch?v=xwOCmJevigw (on Kant)

Ever tried Philosophy Tube? Ollie is quite good!

here's a real good video
youtu.be/lA8O4ptxVxc

gregory sadler
the rugged pyrrhus

Academy of Ideas is the best one I've found.

Yeah, Academy of Ideas and Eric Dodson are my go-to when I want the basic idea

Someone upload the 11 philosophy charts and be done with this person.

what was that channel where there was this prof that would breakdown chapters of phenomenology of the spirit in his series?

Dr. Gregory Sadler.

Wi-Phi is okay for 101 stuff

God damn that fucking school of life shit pisses me off

their shit about karl marx is disgusting to watch

What'd they say?

>Look at me, I'm doing philosophy
>What are you reading?
>TBK
I hate this board sometimes.

What does TBK stand for?

Brothers Karamazov?

CollegeBinary for entertainment

youtube.com/watch?v=X-buzVjYQvY

here didn't realise already posted mb

That his diagnosis was correct, but he had the wrong prescription

t. other
Some people seem to be pissed off by Marx no matter what the context

That was horrible. It takes only a small part of Kant's thought and still manages to fuck it up. They show they know nothing by misusing the term "maxim" which is the lynchpin of Kantian ethics. Or saying that Kant was a deontologist when that term did not even exist at the time. Or basically the whole fucking video.

It would be better to skim Wikipedia for 3 minutes yourself, instead of watching a video by someone who did it for you and added mistakes.

youtube.com/watch?v=we6cwmzhbBE
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD00D35CBC75941BD

rest are shit besides academy of ideas.
school of life is okay if you're lazy and want somebody to read wikipedia summaries to you

>Or saying that Kant was a deontologist when that term did not even exist at the time.
This is a nonsensical point to make. Yes it is true but it doesn't mean anything. You are literally saying that words can only be used to describe things that existed when those words were used to describe them. Do you see the problem here?

Watch/listen to some Slavoj Zizek talks.

>Slavoj Zizek
>Anywhere near the word good

8-bit philosophy is decent though

What's wrong with Zizek?

He might be respected somewhere, but it wasn't at my uni. Literally everyone, student and professor took the piss out of him. It was rand level of hat. I'm pretty sure he only has a reputation amoung the most extreme of the extreme left continental phil departments of second rate unis.

Just listen to some of his more popular talks or something.And he's by far the most popular contemporary philosopher.

He holds (or held it's been a few years) of being near universally hated by profs but loved by masters and doctoral students. He allow(s/ed) access to a lot of tools and arguments that didn't exist before so was/is p exciting.

And philosophy profs tend to hate everyone and students tend to brownnose so also hate everyone.

youtube.com/channel/UCPoUoUX-i5G5uIds7_zdNFg

This channel has some amazing stuff.

Wes Cecil: youtube.com/channel/UC9ff15w4ufviWfv9UfIuByA/videos

>And philosophy profs tend to hate everyone
Yes, they hate literally everyone. We both know that this isn't true. To find a single figure hated by an entire department, that's including half a dozen professors and over a two hundred students (about 30 of them being post-grad)
doesn't happen unless they are a hack.

Holy shit, your whole argument is "well other people don't like him..."

Grow your own brain.

And your argument is... hey you didn't give one. I never said that it was an argument. I never said anything about him or his ideas nor said anything other than what I did. Stop pretending like I did and stop pretending like your post is some paragon of argumentative virtue when you also don't try to prove anything.

It's like calling people racist or anti-semite because they were born a few hundred years ago, or calling Roman/Ancient Greek men bisexual, or calling Jesus a christian. It betrays a lack of historical understanding and is misleading. It also makes it sound like Kant was just some guy in a long tradition of deontologists.

Just because Kant is a deontologist now, doesn't mean he was a deontologist. Presentism is stupid.

If you are , then you did, and if you are not, then you jumped in with an irrelevant piece of info as if it was any form of argument.

I guess you really don't want to have to think for yourself, huh?

A U T I S M

It's called "communication" you retard.

You could try listening to History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps. It's pretty gud and he has a sexy professor voice (imo), perfect for 'bating.

This. There epistemology is pretty great- they set up a good map of the different positions people have and their connections. Their video on Modern responses to Skepticism was impressive.

Im glad someone else listens to this. Its one of the most convenient and in-depth sources for Islamic Philosophy IMO.

He's not a "hack", his writings about ideology are incredibly important. His political opinions and lectures about every minor thing in existence through a pseudo-leftist prism are just terrible - and they are most of what he is doing nowadays.

>wanting philosophy literally explained to you

Jesus fucking Christ. You're as bad as those stupid faggot manchildren that watch other people play video games.

nice one 3dgelord

>those stupid faggot manchildren that watch other people play video games.
Literally only NEETs and autists have said this.

school of life is decent as well, given that it's not meant to be a substitute for reading philosophy. This guy wants someone to spoon feed him while at the same time fulfilling his need to be taught by a medium that doesn't make this spoon feeding too obvious - in case it damages his delicate sense of pseudointellectualism.

Came here to post this. Really interesting and in depth stuff.

Also some user posted this series a while ago and I like it so far.

youtu.be/ybBwsldL0k4

WiPhi!!!
youtube.com/user/WirelessPhilosophy
This is essentially SEP in YouTube form. Every philosophy major should watch this channel on subjects of their interests.

1) Brian Magee's interviews
2) Logic Lane
3) Arthur Holmes lectures

eventually european graduate school when youre knowledgeable about contemporary continental philosophy

otherwise just youtube a philosophers name - youll probably always encounter one or two good videos

stay away from those 4 min pop-philosophical ''utilitarianism in a nutshell'' things for the love of god

Ollie jacks off to Marx when he isn't making YouTube videos.

To be fair, you don't need more than 4 minutes to explain why utilitarianism is retarded.

read books faggot, retarded short clips on youtube aren't good for anything

>gregory sadler
this guy is good

>good youtube philosophy

This didn't make me laugh out loud, but it elicited a warmth that almost made me smile.

Sadler

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4gvlOxpKKIgR4OyOt31isknkVH2Kweq2

The motivation to link to that does not compel me to do so.

>what is a lecture

>referring to higher education settings on Veeky Forums

You'll just confuse people.

Veeky Forums's funny like that. I'm super intellectually intimidated by Veeky Forums at times yet sometimes it feeds my ego, to my detriment obviously.

>intimidated by a bunch of aspies posturing over the work of men who would spit on them

Just flip those feelings around and you'll have it made.

to be kind-swans

>>wanting philosophy literally explained to you

I don't see the problem here

what I mean is when I have the occasional actual, intelligent discussions with Veeky Forumsizens I can tell that they're well read and sophisticated.

There's a quiet minority of people on Veeky Forums with relevant qualifications or (less commonly) a good knowledge of whatever people are discussing through non-conventional education, but you can tell that it's mostly dilettantes reading for big boy points.

yeah, and I always find it helpful to talk to those people.
Healthy dose of humbling, you know?

though it probably doesn't help with my inferiority complex

"watching" philosophy is pretty much the plebbiest shit possible, even worse than reading philosophy. Socrates was right.

Everyone watched Socrates.

If you're francophone

Girard resources
youtube.com/channel/UCrd5hdVqKyLnO8cSp5lndsA/videos

some phil playlist
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3eMcg42CrI77v5--D6eizUWrowvSyUTd

Conversation between Domenach and Boutang
youtube.com/watch?v=aCTfGczu8SY (only 1/5 but the rest is on yt)

Kane B has pretty comprehensive takes on the modern debates, his voice isn't too annoying and if you can't be arsed to sit through the whole thing he types the important bits on the powerpoint thingie.

Some below:
youtube.com/watch?v=gcC5g4A9IM4
youtube.com/watch?v=dYqNIeo8U38
youtube.com/watch?v=a0UxFhKOiFg

Channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCh613185XS3ttEUA8UYnPuw

First playlist on channel:
youtube.com/watch?v=pnbxepj5R4o&list=PLS8vfA_ckeuYdl-scU11yb-GwmuGcomnS&index=1

You are retarded, he made a point and your way of comparing things is as retarded as you are. Think about it

I think you described your way of comparing things.

>francophone

kek

>"Hey guiz, please shill your fav e-celeb channels in this thread!"

Dr Gregory Sadler is pretty good. He has a series of lectures explaining different Platonic dialogues, as well as a series in which he analyses each paragraph of the Phenomenology of The Spirit for half an hour.
A good podcast series, which I would strongly recommend, is this: historyofphilosophy.net/ although they're still in medieval philosophy. Another podcast is: partiallyexaminedlife.com which is good too.

The video on Kierkegaard was utter cancer. They never mentioned the fact that he wrote in different pseudonyms and there was loads of 3edgy5me atheists in the comments who though they were smarter than him.

what the fuck is TBK?

your first day here?

school of life comment section is maximum tipping

Brothers Karamazov? That's not a philosophical treatise.

Stop hating, haters.

It's fucking bullshit, they didn't even mention the dictatorship of the proletariat out of all things to exclude.

>you don't need more than 4 minutes to explain why ... is wrong
With that rigorless mindset philosophy is not for you, boy.

>il ne l'est pas

A "rigorless" mindset would include one that determines what is right and wrong for other people.

Wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=UUulxkAk68o
Sadler is an actual professor, so don't expect quick edits or animations. But he describes things meticulously.

Rigorfull?

R E A D . R E A D . R E A D
E
A
D
R
E
A
D
R
E
A
D

Philosophy Tube is decent. Greg B Sadler is really great for certain ancient and religious philosophers.

blasphemy!

Look for university lectures

Good idea, actually.

Got any recommendations? I'm looking for a survey book to get my feet wet. Not in college and too busy to read the whole Western canon.

>We both know that this isn't true.
Philosophy is p much the cliqueiest subject in any given English speaking university. For the most part they have super special access to so and so's true thoughts unlike such and such group of hacks. Other academics are often also like this it just happens a bit more in Phil departments.

I was a freshmen in college and was assigned a lecture for my intro phil class. It was a defense of determinism and shit. I came out of there so confused.