QPOC writers

Hi Veeky Forums, I was wondering who your favorite Queer writers of color are. I really like Roxane Gay, James Baldwin, and Audre Lorde, but they are all qpoc 101. Are there any more obscure writers that you'd recommend? Better still if they are female or transfemale.

Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

u.pomf.is/ekjkyl.epub
magicscroll.net/#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why do you categorize your authors by such thin margins that are all but irrelevant to the artform?

also, Delany I guess

Roxanne Gay is considered to be "problematic" by many feminists because she can't get beyond the past views of gender when discussing the topic. ie her essay "Bad Feminist" entirely hinges on the idea that she is a bad feminist not for actually supporting the patriarchy or the like, but because she likes "girly" things.

Yukio Mishima

bump

Shakespeare

I don't support degeneracy.

This board should be able to help you

>>>/reddit/

top kek.

Duuuuuuuuude mishima is fun as heck. Also great because he just didn't do the shit we expect out of gay authors.

Also Larry Kramer, OP. Read Faggots and understand that my people deserved it all.

>judging artwork by its artist
No appreciation for anything anymore, eh?

I figure there's nothing wrong with wanting to see the art of people who are (presumably) like you, right?

That doesn't define their artwork. It only defines them. If you want relatable material why don't you look for literature pertaining that topic you want to read about.

But to directly answer your question. No, there is nothing wrong with that. I see no reason to though.

What have you read by Roxanne Gay? I started her novel, can't remember the name, the one where the Haitian woman gets kidnapped, and it was awfull, just shit writing overall. If you liked that, you are a total pleb.

>QPOC writers
I love how that's how we have to read shit now. This is why we need another World War or a grand unifying cause.

Marlon James

Delaney may be the best living writer, so yeah.

That's because you are a white dude. Try and be a little self aware for fucks sake.

Nobody is forcing you to stop reading white dudes you fucking moron

Oscar Wilde. 1/64 Cherokee

I can't tell you how happy I am that there is a thread devoted to the writing of queer people of color that is mostly respectful and has serious replies. thanks to those of you who are decent human beings.

The issue is more that people see writers by the race than their work. Nobody is making me stop reading "white dudes," but they are arbitrarily categorizing works by the race and gender of their writers and not the content.

Jesus try and gain some fucking perspective. People just want to hear more voices and read work by a wide variety of people who have had a wide variety of experiences. And sometimes people want to read work written by people like themselves.

>People just want to hear more voices and read work by a wide variety of people who have had a wide variety of experiences
And why do you need to refer to non-white writers for this? I'd say that Solzhenitsyn's experiences were a bit different from David Foster Wallace's.

are you trying to be this dense or are you for real?

>I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the content of their character, but by color of their skin and the genitals they prefer to suck on.

Really makes u think...

okay, so you aren't pretending, you are actually an idiot. thanks.

Actually, the ball is in your court to prove that you're not the idiot. He posed a valid question and you essentially responded with "are you kidding me?" (His image macro of Carl the cuck is mocking your predictable response.)

Non-affiliated, but you're acting like a total faggot.

He's right you know. The notion that people of a certain race have uniform experiences, and that we need other races to write to diversify our understanding of the human experience, is incredibly fucking racist.

it's a stupid fucking question. it only makes sense if you think that you can't read dfw and the gulag archipelago and people who aren't white and straight. and the idea that a black man or a trans man would not have different experiences than jonathan franzen or whoever is just bizarre. why complain if someone wants to hear from someone with their experiences?

Wilde's Irish. 100% nonAnglo.

>The notion that people of a certain race have uniform experiences

no one has said or implied that

>people interested in the writing of people of color are the real racists, senpai

I only read works by straight (if maybe sometimes a bit 'eccentric') white males, preferably dead.

hostility aside, a writer's inability to write outside of their personal traits(race, religion, sexual preference, etc.) is indicative of a bad writer.

A 'real' writer understands what they are saying and how to say it.
By saying things "you don't understand, you're white, male, straight, etc." is, incidentally, bringing the writer's merit into question, the artist who has set out to establish these empathetic connections between social rifts.

When I read A Single Man I, a straight guy, understand the crippling solitude, the intimacy, and the lust felt by the homosexual protagonist because the book captured it properly.

When I read Stoner I, a black guy, empathize with Stoner's detachment, I feel the blurred line between stoicism and emotional underdevelopment, because Stoner was written with human sentiments, not racial tropes

When I read Mrs. Dalloway I, a straight male, empathize heavily with the existential turbulence of a bisexual woman married to a male while in love with a female. Because it's fucking Virginia Woolf and she cuts through every layer of "identity" bullshit.

and my favorite book about a black slave, Octavian Nothing, was written, brilliantly, by a white guy.

A person's """"identity""" should say very little about their art, the reader is not 100% accountable for how they feel about what they read.

kek

>hostility aside, a writer's inability to write outside of their personal traits(race, religion, sexual preference, etc.) is indicative of a bad writer.

this is bullshit. there are various incommensurable traits we use to judge whether someone is a good or bad writer. i mean i love phillip roth, but he certainly doesn't write outside of his personal traits or identity.

I don't think you fully understand me.
A person writing within their personal scope is fine. Most writers do that.

It's when they tackle something beyond their personal traits that their merit as a writer becomes apparent.

Example, most male fantasy writers have really shitty female characters. "She had huge tits and knew hella magic" is not a well-characterized female. They don't understand what they are writing about.

Tolstoy on the other hand, blablabla I'm sure you can fill in the rest. Sorry I'm really hungover

I've understood you fine. I just think you are completely and absolutely wrong.

well this isn't tumblr this shits anonymous so your feelings mean literally nothing and your argument is everything. either elaborate why you think youre right or stop bumping the thread

qpoc are the new white people. they are too mainstream now.

Do the ancient greeks count as QPOC? I mean, they certainly loved their boypucci, and calling mediterraneans 'white' can be a bit of a stretch. So, do they count?

I guess not, because QPOC refers to a subgroup of entitled american suburbanites who speak in hashtags, color their facebook profile with all the colors of the rainbow, get published in McSweeney's and interviewed by the New Yorker.

Here is Roxane Gay's novel, untamed state. I dare anyone here to read the first five pages of this shit and come back and say it is good writing.

>An_Untamed_State_-_Roxane_Gay.epub
>u.pomf.is/ekjkyl.epub

For those without an epub reader, you can use this online version:
magicscroll.net/#

>is The Odyssey and The Iliad qpoc lit?
>I guess not, because QPOC refers to a subgroup of entitled american suburbanites who speak in hashtags

BEE TEE EFF OHHHHHSHITNIGGA SHOTS FIRED