Would the metals inside an animal's blood be able the entire circulatory system to act as an antenna for a receiver...

Would the metals inside an animal's blood be able the entire circulatory system to act as an antenna for a receiver? I was watching a video about fractals and how Mandelbrot used fractals to increase the efficacy of a tv antenna and it made me wonder the previous question. Obviously you can't plug in a hdtv into your body, but the circulatory system could be used as an antenna then it might be able to be utilized in the future for nanomachines or something like that.

Other urls found in this thread:

large.stanford.edu/courses/2012/ph250/ferguson1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wat

an antenna is an arrangement of metal.
arranging the metal in a fractal pattern increases is efficacy.
the circulatory system has a fractal pattern

would the metals located in the blood cause the circulatory system to be able to act as an antenna?

it's a pretty simple question dude

In Star Trek: yes

In reality: no

If you had a receiver with no need for an antennae better than the blood of a person, it probably doesn't need an antennae at all.

No. The metal atoms / ions in an animal's blood exist as either ions floating around in solution (e.g. Na+ ) or they are bound to larger organic molecules (e.g. Iron bound to heme groups in hemoglobin proteins). They do not form solid pieces of metal. Human blood's electrical conductivity is orders of magnitude worse than a solid metal like copper. The human circulatory system would make an extremely poor antenna.

there's only 4g of iron in the whole body and 0.3g in the myoglobin so a little quantity in a huge volume, and it's deeply associated in the erythrocyt, it's connected to the proteins and form haemin products.
even in iron-storage place like the hemosiderin I don't think you can use it as an antenna

even the blood itself was an incredibly weak antenna, the intricacy of the circulatory system being the incredible fractal as it is would amplify that quite a bit

it isn't stocked as like solid form in the ferritin?

or maybe in the reticulo histiocytic parts

t. med fag

I didn't know about the ferritin thing so i just looked it up. You're right, it looks like ferritin proteins contain a solid nanocrystal of iron in the centre. But it's only like 8 nm in diameter. You might get some weird local plasmonic effects in this nanocrystal. But still, there's no long-range connectivity between these crystals so it's not like a blood vessel would act as a solid wire. In order for an antenna to be effective, its length needs to be on the order of the wavelength of the carrier you're trying to detect. And 8 nm is x-ray territory. At that wavelength, it no longer makes sense to talk about antennas or things like that.

I'm not an electrical engineer but I know a bit about electromagnetism. I don't understand how the fractal complexity of a structure makes it a better antenna. Can you elaborate?

Also, if the human circulatory system were an efficient antenna that strongly resonated at some particular radio frequency, then we would have observed this by now.

8nm nanocrystal? I bet you could grow SWCNTs off of that sucker!

Cellphones don't have external antennae anymore because folks working for Qualcomm figured out you could shrink it way down using ~fractal magic~ in the 90s.

large.stanford.edu/courses/2012/ph250/ferguson1/

>submitted as coursework for a 2nd year undergrad course

Is this your own work? Can you link to a more credible source please?

learn how google works and then search for something that will satisfy your autism

Ok, i just read it. It's shit. The author doesn't even demonstrate how his proposed fractal antenna would work. Did he do any EM simulations? Can i see the radiation pattern of this antenna? Frequency response? If a student had handed this in to me I'd give it a failing grade.

you dont even know what the assignment was you belligerent dingdong

You're the one making the claim that fractal complexity enhances an antenna. The burden of proof is on you. I've already answered why the human circulatory system wouldn't make a very good antenna but apparently you dont want to believe it.

Ok. Believe whatever you want.

Let me guess. Creative writing?

well it's listed under 'reports' for ph250 - physics of cellphones so my guess is the assignment was to write a brief report about some interesting cellphone physics

it looks similar to the rest of the assignments posted so it probably followed the assignment prompt well

>fractal
the human "fractal" patterns in blood vessels dont go very far, so magnetically they wouldnt be much more efficient, and thats if they were solid metal, so no you retard

>gets upset when he can't understand a basic question
>calls others 'retard'