HuMo(u)R ThReaD

I just saw a bunch of funny pictures from science side of tumblr.

So lets have a thread about all the funny things in science. Old or new. No butthurt.

And now for something completely different.

If you're going to make a shitty thread like this, please don't emphasize that you're Finnish. You bring shame to our country, son.

t. fellow Finn, also a university student

how is it shitty? :(

Your pictures consist of people who have 2-digit IQs and understand nothing about science. This is kind of stuff you'd post on 9gag or the /b/ board. Cringe is all I feel when I look at the shit you posted.

Now, go back to Ylilauta and never come back.

Hey arsehole, go fuck yourself.

fuck off, sadsack

i liked it

>waifuposting
>iqposting
>being a dick

wow
kill yourself anytime

Stop samefagging. Your thread was dead on arrival, and bumping it or insulting me won't save it.

hold on, this thread wasn't ironic?

I'm gonna save it with actual quality memes

Like a Phoenix

A new thread is born

SHAMEFUR DISPRAY! OUR KHANATE HAS LOST ITS HONOR! Who the fuck gives a fuck about something like this? Like, really
>You bring shame to our country, son
WHAT DO THE FOREIGNERS THINK OF US? OH MY GOD!

#blacklivesmaymatterbuttheopinionsofforeignersdont

Bear in mind this thread is now a tumblr and shit tier meme free zone

I'm done. Post some actual quality content now

>understand nothing about science
None of it is about understanding science, killjoy. They're jokes

I'll give this thread so much tumblr this guy gets so triggered even SJWs can't reach his levels!

You have to understand science to understand jokes about science

It's just unfunny content, which most of it has zero base in science or math. Which btw is the topic of this board

Yes, they are as far from funny as I am from getting laid, but nevertheless to cry about the reputation of a country because someone posts some pics on an imageboard, that makes me laugh. It's the flipside of the phenomenon that the newspapers are filled with articles about how Finland was mentioned outside its borders, and this happens basically 75% of the times when it is mentioned.

i dont understand this at all but its beautiful

Dude I'm not the Finnish weeb lmao. Idgaf about that country or its reputation

Last semester I had a problem where I had to justify something. These justify problems were not like proofs but you still have to tell why the statement is true.

I wrote 'It is trivial because of one of the axioms' realizing that it was a reformulation or immediate implication of one of the axioms. When we were given the tests back the professor questioned me to death about what axiom I was talking about because I honestly did not remember, I just knew that it looked like an axiom.

In the end I had to get my notebook and search far and wide for that one single axiom in a sea of fucking theorems.

Why do people get so triggered when you just say it is trivial? SOME THINGS ARE TRIVIAL GOD DAMN.

By the way, got an A on that test, no points taken away.

I know. Did I claim you were? I'm here only to irritate him because of the reasons I just mentioned.

Lol sorry mb

I think it's in reference to shitty profs just claiming 40% of the proofs trivial

Good lord kill yourself you cunt

I've never had a professor say that to me. However I see it in books a lot and I think the only reason I started doing that was because I saw it so often.

In almost every assignment I get I write down at least once that the proof is trivial. It is a good tactic, specially when professors kinda know that you know. This was the only time someone questioned me on why I thought 'trivial' was a proof method.

But I've also had professors who take away points when I skip the trivial steps of induction and that is fucking gay.

Hey can I save some of these memes?
Thanks in advance

I really just wanted everyone to be happy...

I'm sorry all. I guess I leave now forever.

Really? The first one is a pun about nitrogen, the second is just playing on poor phrasing, the third is just a purposefully oversimplified explanation, the fourth is intentionally stupid, ditto for the fifth and sixth, and the seventh is factually accurate and a play on a common phrase. None of that needs complex knowledge of science to understand, you're just being an asshole because you want to let everyone know that you know what the Fourier transform is

After you guys made Kalevala your reputation was pretty much shot anyway.

t.Norwegian neighbour.

Save it! It's all yours friend

Ok bye

I'm being an asshole because none of them really relate to science all that much. The first one isn't about nitrogen, it's just word play. The second one is just making fun of the incorrect use of a word. The third one would get a pass if there was actually a joke in their. The fourth one has absolutely nothing to do with sci/math. The fifth one isn't a joke is just advice. The sixth one is just "omg animals r cute amirit". Although I did chuckle at the 7th one. So really only two of these post belong in this thread

1/8

the whole thread is shit, but that one particular is g o l d

I was looking for this one. Well done.

2/8

3/8

4/8

5/8

F U G G

6/8

7/8

8/8

What's some interesting stuff to read or watch about Feynman?

Everything

Hey when does summer end? I don't ever think I've come this close to actually feeling bad for someone on Veeky Forums Jesus Christ OP get your shit together.

:(

His biography
Surely You're Joking Mr Feynmann
10/10 would recommend, would reread

HAHAHAHA science, right? Lmao

There's a Japanese documentary about Feynman called "Boku no Pico", I highly recommend it

con fucking grats you can steal content from facebook
r u proud of urself

Very

thanks for the (You)

Np friendo

Genuinly keked

u lil bitch

can some1 explain this to a layman?

qt waifu
e-even if 3dpd

See the wikipedia pages for Legendre Polynomials and for Cauchy's Integral Formula, respectively

THATS IT! I CAN NO LONGER CONTAIN THIS YELLOW FEVER! I MUST MARRY A KOREAN WOMAN!

>you're just being an asshole because you want to let everyone know that you know what the Fourier transform is
This is Veeky Forums. If you DON'T know what a Fourier transform is, you don't belong here.