Rate my shopping cart

Do I proceed to checkout?

I'm fairly new to reading literature and I have no defined taste so i'm buying various meme classics. I also have Infinite Jest, Atlas Shrugged (which I regret buying) and Catch-22 due to arrive in the coming days.

Are these books a decent starter pack?

Read Stoner.

Dude weed lmao.

Where's the science fiction?

Catch-22 is the only decent book in the entire set. It's like you take everything this board says to heart. Most of the books are trash (Infinite Jest and Atlas Shrugged in particular).

If you're really new to literature, don't start with boring slop. Read entry level authors like Hemingway, Twain, Dickens, and Melville.

I've already read The Great Gatsby, 1984, Fahrenheit 451 and Dorian Gray - I don't want any more YA tier reading.

>read entry level authors like melville
?

Moby Dick was common reading for high schoolers when I went to school. I place Melville at the same level as Dickens.

which one will it be, lit?

>calling great gastby YA tier reading

dude shut the fuck up

It's painfully obvious got hard you're trying to fit in lol

100% pure leaf pleb

If you really still haven't read any of these, White Noise is the correct starting point

The abridged, sure. No way a high schooler would battle through the full text

As the OP says, i'm new to literature. I have to start somewhere - and that somewhere is in all of the meme classics and books that are constantly mentioned on here.

My other interest is in economics books. I'm not a complete idiot at reading books.

Read whatever the fuck you want retard.

> starter pack
What do you think this is pokemon?
What would you do without the internet to tell you what to think?
Read whatever you want moron.
Op is a faggot.

A couple things: 1. You're overpaying for all those (www.abebooks.com) 2. Read Dostoyevsky earlier work before Brother's K

I was gonna say, unless that letter A before the prices indicates OP is paying in something other than USD, he's paying way too much for those books. What is that A anyway?

You could find all these for a few bucks in most 2nd hand stores

Natsume Soseki

A book being long doesn't make it hard. High school kids sitting around and reading moby dick before the advent of electronics doesn't seem very outlandish.

I agree. But it's not battling in that sense - MD is boring for kids. Hundreds of pages of whaling minutia just aren't going to hold their attention even though their literacy is up to it

Oh i didnt notice, probably Australian dollars, that's a fair price then (min wage is significantly higher there)

Get the Avsey translation of TBK