You exist

>You exist

How can we ever explain this?

Decartes

By studying physics and not psychology.

Cognition tinges our understanding of the physical world, though

(Physicist here)

"I" don't exist. We're all just small parts of one system. 'Our selves' being further just a system made of smaller parts... And so on.

If this isn't another consciousness thread;
then the answer is pending. #science #physicists #theories is working on it.

That's a very intriguing question. But recent studies in Biology have shown a really strong correlation between sex and pregnancy.
So the most reasonable hypothesis is
> I exist because my parents banged

Descartes isn't answering this question, he's not asking if we exist, he's talking about conscience. Descartes is the beginning of the truth, exempt from every illusion, any fake representation of the world.
I think therefore I am doesn't mean existence, it means truth.

What you could look up after understanding Descartes is Heidegger

But when does "life" is taking over ? at what point can we say that some cells are become one being ?

i think, therefore i am

Dude what

Descartes's goal wasn't to prove his existence, but to find a pure truth, just like mathematics, he needed a first point to base his source of knowledge. He wanted it unbiased, objectively true (meaning true every time, no matter the time, the place it's being said)
The only truth he came to find was Cogito ergo sum.

I'm not into Veeky Forums myself but you could probably philosophy yourself up there if you can't understand that.

Cogito ergo som still implies that you exist(however it doesnt say anything about others existing)

"we" exist collectively
I am you, but separated by varying degrees of space and time

Reminder that every time you go to sleep you die and another consciousness awakes with your memories in the morning.
Good night. Sleep tight.

Wait... so you be saying that...
sleep is the cousin of death?

>that pic

.......video?

Report frogposters.

I never understood this stupid "pop-sci" garbage.
Is this how normies perceive the world?

What makes sleep so special? How do you know every two points in time are continuous? What's that garbage?

It's the same as the "I'm the only conscious person in the world" kind of crap. Why do you think this way? It does not make sense.

i AM the only conscious person in the world until you prove me wrong

>i AM the only conscious person in the world until you prove me wrong
No. You simply [math]believe[/math] you are the only person in the until until you are proven wrong.