Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternating_current#History
noosphere.princeton.edu
youtu.be/n1kmKpjk_8E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla#Relationships
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Edison#Menlo_Park
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla#Working_for_Edison
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That he didn't understand science. It's literally impossible to scientifically study non-physical phenomena. The subject he was looking for already exists, it's called philosophy.

What does he want science to study, ghosts?

>he didn't understand science
Wrong. You just don't understand Tesla.
And don't claim you do. you didn't live with him, work with him or know him or the basis of his thoughts and ideas in any way

>This post

Teslafags are the worst. Listen fag, your hero was a mediocre electrical engineer, and based on quotes like in the OP, he sounds like he was a bit of an idiot.

What does that make you then?

And to be fair, direct current is more efficient than alternating current anyhow (these days that is)
He's talking about math, duh..

this has to be bait

but imma fall for it anyway

he didn't like math or theory according to edison

he also didn't believe in sub atomic particles or electrons

>according to edison
yeah because mr credit stealing brute force was such an honest person.

He also insisted that if electrons did exist, then they had nothing to do with electricity. And he didn't believe that EM waves were waves (and then tried to build a radio)

you dipshits realize what we know now they didn't know then correct? tesla despite his limited understanding of the world has done more than you combined ever will.

he didn't agree with einstein's relativity either

he was a shit theorist and like the wright brothers was just the first person to do something that would have been done by somebody else a few years later

very few people did at the time, very few even knew about it. there wasn't the insurmountable evidence for it that we have now lying around.

i know you want to feel superior for your master's degree but you haven't achieved anything compared to tesla.

also the same could be said about einstein's work, eventually someone else would've figured it out but he was the first.

why the fuck are you insulting me

he is objectively a dumbass and yeah it's not like you contributed anything either so i fail to see why you're even bringing it up

theory doesn't work like that m8

see democritus and then see dalton

>Tesla: 1856-1943
>On physical lines of force published: 1861-1862
>Hertz's experiments: 1873
>Discovery of the Electron: 1896

Clearly all knowledge that was around in his day, Tesla just couldn't understand it, and he was university educated (although he dropped out). For perspective Oliver Heaviside was completely self taught and he was able to, not only understand, be significantly contribute to both physics and engineering.

Utter shit, see above.

why are you insulting tesla? because you're a masters degree nobody who wants to feel superior.

and theory does work like that, even more so than invention. theory is discovery waiting to be found, invention you need to piece together. invention requires creativity, theory does not.

lol???????????

you have to be trolling now

that was one asinine comment

>Clearly all knowledge that was around in his day,
and at the time there were many disputes, today we take this as granted.

not an argument. discoveries lie around, inventions you need to piece together.

>and at the time there were many disputes

Only by people that couldn't understand the theory or the experimental evidence.

the theory then was crytpic as fuck, not the nice textbooks we have today.

not to mention the evidence was not replicated to the degree it is now.

ironically all you do is ignore my arguments

and again you have to be extremely creative for theories

it took 2214 years for atomic theory to be reintroduced

and the wright brothers were among many who were trying to fly and it was some french guy who made a prolonged flight instead of gliding

It was written in the standard language of the time, again Heaviside (literally an uneducated layman) understood it and was one of the people who reformulated it into it's current vectorial form. Tesla was more than a bit of an idiot if he couldn't understand something a man who had no formal schooling past the age of 17.

>it took 2214 years for atomic theory to be reintroduced
on the backs of the inventions that allowed it to be found.

did it maybe occur to you that heaviside was just that much smarter than tesla? not that tesla was an idiot, pretty sure both are smarter than anyone here who had a handholding education.

>did it maybe occur to you that heaviside was just that much smarter than tesla?

Heaviside was much smarter than Tesla, but Tesla is still an idiot.

say the nobody with a handheld masters degree.

go back to red[math][/math]dit with your shitty insults

you can find an echo chamber of tesla lovers there that you would enjoy

considering when faced with an opposition you just devolve into insulting

>Whhhhhaaaa he insulted my greatest hero whaaaa.

lol.

why so you can have your little safe space free from criticism that you're a nobody with a master degree?

>he insulted me whaaaa
lmao

you haven't criticised me though

you've literally just insulted me

crit·i·cism
ˈkridəˌsizəm/
noun
noun: criticism; plural noun: criticisms

the expression of disapproval of someone or something based on perceived faults or mistakes.

and you call tesla dumb, this is preschool tier material.

yes i have called tesla dumb by criticising the things he said/did

all you did was insult me by calling me a nobody

>he isn't studying ghostology at his uni

i'm criticizing you for being a pompous nobody.

just whatever

you're making me feel bad for you

nice psychological defense mechanism.

>it's an autism fight episode

You know who else is the worst? People who use primitive heuristics to dismiss ideas that do not suit with theirs.
What he said was like literally the most sensible thing ever, you are reading an isolated quote of a person without context or any idea where he is coming from or what he means by the phrasing he uses, he might even be saying the very thing you defend but you just ignore everything to dismiss him because some edgy teens also like this rather productive figure in scientific history, I really dislike this word but being a by contrarian to a contrarian you are also being a flaming faggot, defending the common sense doesn't make you interesting or a hero, although I wish it did

>You can't criticise what someone said unless you literally, actually know their thoughts
>The most sensible thing ever

fucking lol, this thread sucks.

yes, what you quoted are unquestionably the most logical things you can adopt to your thinking for your own sake

Well thanks for your input user, looks like we can finally call an end to all this "debate" and "disagreement" nonsense.

Maybe it's to be understood as abstracting from the things you see that are working but building a theory not based on how we look at things. Kind of like how lebesgue changed integration by introducing a way of integration that explained the usual way but never used it.

Spoken like a true science zalot, why doesnt science expand upon current meems like gravity, flat earth people are discovering way more above and beyond new things and why> because its unconventional and we are going further than ever

Refreshed the page twice to make sure I wasnt still on /b/

Tone it back ther big guy, you'll get more reaction if the troll ismt so obvious

It means that the physics of the future will be the physics of the information field and that orthodox physics has become a cult where acolytes worship their narrow mental bandwidth and arrested development.

This. Are we really going to fight over quotes from Tesla? His works were amazing assets to humanity's understanding of electricity and electromagnetic radiation. I really don't care about out of context quotes and pigeon girlfriend. Linus Pauling won the Nobel Prize twice and spouted all kinds of crazy shit in his last years. Sometimes smart people say weird shit.

we already are, we just don't know how to fathom the dialogue that connects the metaphysical conceptualizations of mathematics to the fundamental parts of the physical world we model and predict.

path to enlightenment: within.

computer science is a go.

don't study higgs, write a better script to form a clearer visualization.

>a mediocre electrical engineer
>bit of an idiot
Projecting much?

300 patents 26 countries
Invented, INVENTED! electrucal power generation.
Posthumously granted patent for radio, still wrongly attributed to half-wit Marconi, who probably had more mental prowess than your entire family combined.

>because you're a masters degree nobody who wants to feel superior.
not him, but people bash Tesla (rightfully) because his fanboys are so fucking annoying, and make such absurd claims about a mediocre engineer.
He invented the induction motor, and that's nifty.
But he doesn't deserve more attention than Eli Whitney, or Samuel Morse.
Ben Franklin or Philo Farnsworth are far more deserving of the reputation Tesla enjoys among his fans.

>His works were amazing assets to humanity's understanding of electricity and electromagnetic radiation.
Nope.

The average modern high school student understands electricity better than Tesla did.
He just stuck to the aether ideas he learned in uni, long after science had moved on.
He was an engineer, and didn't advance our understanding of electricity one iota.

>Invented, INVENTED! electrucal power generation.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternating_current#History
>The first alternator to produce alternating current was a dynamo electric generator based on Michael Faraday's principles constructed by the French instrument maker Hippolyte Pixii in 1832.[4]

That was 24 years before he was born, but thanks for playing.

>Posthumously granted patent for radio,
It's like you never heard of Google.

>according to edison
Yes, believe the guy who tried to steal from Tesla, Incriminate him, and all around try to be a dick to every other inventor of his time. Smart.

This.

Our current problems seem to be now alot of everyone dont want to challenge old beliefs and theorys (Social, educational, political)

The history of radio is far too complex than i am capable of arguing.
But denying Tesla his rightful recognition is disingenuous. Granted there were finacial implications & liability, but Tesla was not an AC induction motor 1 trinket pony.

>MARCONI WIRELESS T. CO. OF AMERICA v. U.S., 320 U.S. 1 (1943)
>“Marconi's reputation as the man who first achieved successful radio transmission … is not here in question” this statement is followed by “Marconi's patent involved no invention over Lodge, Tesla, and Stone”.

what exactly did tesla even do?

Yep. Bout to leave an take my hard earned Math degree with me. Shits tough when everyone around either is:
1. Against you
2. Smarter than you
3. Dumber than you
4. Dumber than you but has more money

We should be decades farther than where we are from their TIME, EFFERT and Lack of the almost infinite testing/peers/YEARS of information to draw from.

He was trying to justify marrying his pigeon.

Go away.

>implying the Wright brothers invented the airplane
It was Santos Dummont, faggot.

that's exactly my point

tesla is the wright brothers of ac

Near the end of his life, he was desperate to reclaim the fame he had earlier in his career.
So he started to make insane claims that had no backing to them:
- Free electricity
- Contact with Martians
- Immortality
- Contact with Ghosts
Many believe he was suffering delusions and psychosis brought on by a mixture of stress and old age.
During this period he became a radical using the "argument from ignorance" to 'support' his ideas of Martians and Ghosts.
IE: "You can't prove Martians DIDNT contact me!"
That is the line of reasoning your quote is coming from.

He was a smart man for quite awhile, but all historians agree he was a broken man by the end of his life.

>Sometimes smart people say weird shit.
The essene of "out of the box" thinking that has gotten us this far

>broken man by the end of his life.

Infected by the poison of lesser beings

>the day humans actually quit living like inhumane feral chimps with OCD and realize there's more to life than material shit and gouging each others eyes out for it, we'll start to actually realize how much more there is to talk about.

For now though, eyes on your workstation. Work work work. Make money. Buy shit. Build shit. Work more. Buy more. Build a world of shit. So much shit we don't know what to do with it all. So much shit we wipe out every fuckin habitat and kill off every other fucking living thing on the planet and consume resources til they're fucking gone and poison the whole world doing it, and it's still not enough, THAT MUCH SHIT. And we'll get there someday, user, have faith, it will be great. But wonder why no matter how much physical shit we focus on, everyone's still fucking miserable.

I feel this is a fruitful area for dialogue, but if we engage in (too much) name calling and denigrating ( which i am guilty of ) progress will be nought.

He was a student of Indian Vedic thought.
>Nikola Tesla used ancient Sanskrit terminology in his descriptions of natural phenomena. As early as 1891 Tesla described the universe as a kinetic system filled with energy which could be harnessed at any location.

He thought his mind was an antennae/receiver for universal thought.

He is suggesting that consciousness & the electricity which manifests it, is metaphysical. For what it's worth. Yes, i know he & I r huge fags now ;)

noosphere.princeton.edu

mods can we please ban tesla threads

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real."
Niels Bohr

>PSYCH CONFIRMED REAL SCIENCE! Veeky Forums BTFO!

I think he's talking about studying metaphysics scientifically.

>Non-physical phenomena
He was talking about software, but the term did not exist back then.

where did you learn that stuff?

Tesla, unlike Edison, used theory and created marvelous things. Edison was a hack that focused on trial and error, and had a small army of engineers working for him to create things he could take credit for.

Tesla is best known for creating the 3-phase AC power distribution grid we still use today. Unlike DC, you could transmit power vast distances with low losses, so he invented "green" energy. Even renewable hydroelectric was implemented using Tesla technology.

He invented fluorescent lighting. A remote control boat the Navy snubbed. Even impractical things like wireless power transmission.

Whereas Edison brought you entertainment gadgets, Tesla brought you civilization.

Here and there. Some source material. Im a Tesla fag.
Here, (dangeroysly /x tier) enjoy Aldous Huxley describing Shiva the creator & destroyer.
youtu.be/n1kmKpjk_8E

edison said that about tesla not the other way around

Mikhail Dolivo-Dobrovolsky and Charles Eugene Lancelot Brown made the current three phase transformer

edison did literally the same thing

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla#Relationships

look at the segmented part

this part?
>When Thomas Edison died in 1931, Tesla contributed the only negative opinion to The New York Times, buried in an extensive coverage of Edison's life:
> Tesla contributed
> Tesla contributed

you could also look at thomas edison's wiki page

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Edison#Menlo_Park

>Despite the common belief that Edison did not use mathematics, analysis of his notebooks reveal that he was an astute user of mathematical analysis conducted by his assistants such as Francis Robbins Upton, for example, determining the critical parameters of his electric lighting system including lamp resistance by an analysis of Ohm's Law, Joule's Law and economics.

>he was an astute user of mathematical analysis conducted by his assistants
>conducted by his assistants
>conducted by his assistants

yep, a hack with an army of assistants to steal credit from

yeah i'm sure they put the negation to the claim there just to fuck with people

and why would you believe tesla who was fucked over by the smarter edison

>wealthier
>smarter
pls

that's strawman

he got the foolish tesla to upgrade all his motors for free

edison wouldn't have been in the position to swindle anyone without daddy's bank account. not a show of any intelligence.

now you're just lying

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla#Working_for_Edison

nope that was probably edison. saying he didn't have those funds on hand doesn't negate him lying.

well no shit

but only a dumbass would fall for it

well that dumbass achieved more than you ever will, so what does that make you?

again with these stupid insults

yes you're a nobody and you will never achieve anything

stop projecting it onto other people

your insults don't make tesla admirable or smart

oh pot must be so nice having such an unshakable ego when its far from deserved.

what the fuck did you even just say

not that smart are you. that's ok you still have shitting on people who have achieved something in life on taiwanese cartoon image debate forums sorta not really going for you.

Little did he know that physical is all there is in this existence.

Tesla was useful, period.

Doesn't matter which adjectives you use to describe him.

and you still have insulting people with your own traits

i guess it works out