Who is the Taylor Swift of literature?

Who is the Taylor Swift of literature?

I don't know any conniving, back-stabbing authors off the top of my head.

Nick Land

do you really have to ask

That's a hindu symbol, it's not a german thing

This makes sense. Swift gives off those /pol/ vibes.

see
The word swastika comes from the Sanskrit svastika, which means “good fortune” or “well-being." The motif (a hooked cross) appears to have first been used in Neolithic Eurasia, perhaps representing the movement of the sun through the sky. To this day it is a sacred symbol in Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism

As if you can just wear that symbol in the 21st century and claim it's not a Nazi thing. Come on.

Plenty do, and lots of temples have it hung somewhere. Although at an angle like that it gives off pretty nazi vibes

katie

Do you assume that facts will assuage my assertions?

that inbred anglo looking cunt isn't a hindu m9

you never know

As if

srsly thou y u mad thou

As if it could mean something prior to the 21st century

AS IF

JK Rowling
Memorable, household name, objective merit debatable

I don't think there is such a thing

I happen to be a pretty big fan of Taylor's albums, but her personality isn't great, and her lyrics range from lukewarm and sentimental at best to morally disgusting at worst. The songs are saved only by really the really sleek and tasteful Nashville sound and some good hooks. The Taylor Swift project succeeds in spite of Taylor.

cormac mccarthy

wow I just lost a lot of respect for her

Isn't the Swastika kinda rotated the nazi swastika though?

That pic is cringe.

It kind of looks like the be careful you'll slip and fall guy.

get over urself

Don't know why, don't care, I just posted the first pic i found.
lmao it kinda does

>the buddhist/hindu/whatever swastika meme

it's an ancient pagan symbol as well

This desu. Hitler took it from European mythology, not some Buddhists.

was tay tay always unlikable or did that happen at some point in her career

She's not unlikeable, she's perfect.

her music expresses at best a total ignorance of normal morality and human decency, while her life story so far seems to say "vindictive slut"

That Greene guy or whatever the fuck his name is. Insanely popular, actually mediocre as fuck

you're dumb

tay tay is Veeky Forums's true queen, literally
she browses /b/

don't be jealous that a fellow shitposter is more succesful than you irl

this blonde bitch aint no queen

you forgot about boxxy?

Some people will go on about angles or how one is a mirror of the other but the non Nazi swastikas are used in a variety of ways.

Way to go far righties on fucking up a load of nice symbols btw.

She is beyond good and evil.

She was more likable when she first started out, but she was also about sixteen years old. Pretty standard transition from sunny child to ice queen.

Why was she considered a "good role model" for girls just for not dressing and singing provocatively. The reality was she dated men the way someone with post-nasal drip uses kleenex.

>ice queen
This is a stupid phrase too often used by jilted and indignant suitors

a more appropriate title might be "bitch" or "whore"

yeah, because bitch and whore aren't really used often

It's not that ice queen is too common; take what I said in context; it's used too often by people in a certain position who mean a certain thing. If a woman refused to tip a waiter, I might call her an ice queen—for being a queen of coldness or some such—but from the history of its use it suggests "woman who won't put out", which is a barbarous insult beneath the dignity of any serious person. And it would be absolutely untrue of Taylor Swift.

That's her PR reputation, as a celibate bitch.

Now that she's getting married, she can be carried over that threshold ...

I have a very hard time believing that Swift is anything like celibate. I'd regain a lot of respect for her if there were any reason to think it true.

John Green - thread/

I don't believe it either, but that's her professional image. She just dates and dumps, so it's just an emotional thing, but, again, I don't believe she is a virgin either.

We went through this with the Jonas brothers and their purity rings.

>What are Aryans?

>a literal fucking fridge without even the slightest suggestion of a curvy feminine figure
>makes forgettable, easily diggestable pop tunes for the dimwitted masses
>promiscuous bitch that gives off a vibe that whoring is an irreplacable part of her daily routine
>appears to be autistic af
>seems to be stupid af aswell
>"""""aryan queen"""""

Can someone clarify this shit to me?
The only reason it seems to me that /pol/ would meme this bitch as their queen is because of the fact that they are just as stupid and autistic as she is, apart from the "le blue eyes and blonde hair xDDD" meme of course

>without even the slightest suggestion of a curvy feminine figure
unfair and nasty. a lot of people think she looks lovely

>forgettable, easily diggestable pop tunes
digging into the art criticism to argue with this would take a lot of time, but her albums are generally well-received even by critics. Christgau gave four of her albums "A-" ratings.

>promiscuous bitch that gives off a vibe that whoring is an irreplacable part of her daily routine
it just might take more than a "vibe" to justify that slander. the celebrity gossip magazines tend to be of the opinion that she comes on too strong with her boyfriends, many of whom dumped her first. "romantic" and "obsessive" are words we might apply to Dante. I'm not trying to defend her plurality of intimate and probably physical relationships; but we really don't know enough to say whether she is a whore, or what kind of whore she is.

>appears to be autistic af
Unfounded. As far as anyone can tell, she is socially and intellectually adept.

>seems to be stupid af aswell
I don't know where you set the bar for intelligence, but she seems to be at least as clever as the average person.

Bourgeois-looking young people sticking their tongues out like this really pisses me off. Usually the action is done in front of a smartphone camera and with a drink in hand. I hate these fucking kids.

>young people bein happy really pisses me off

I know that feel

It truly was a Beyond Good and Evil.

Really Nietzsche?

can someone explain how she exploded in popularity? I mean, she was relatively popular before but now shes probably the most popular musician on the planet.

The rise of WASP-imitating culture in bourgeois females

she writes good music

>implying /b/ can even be called Veeky Forums anymore

Did j'all see the news?

Kim posted Taylor's phone call with Kanye approving the lyric that referenced Taylor. The phone call that Taylor said never happened and then played the victim card.

>intellectually adept
not mutually exclusive friendito bandito

larkin was such a loser

yeah, unquestionably

but in spite of that he was nonetheless one of the best poets around at the time

She now claims it's because he referred to her as a 'bitch' in a rap song. Who'd have thought that could ever feasibly happen?

>I STAY UP TOO LATE

t. Nashville

stop pretending you don't know his first name is fucking John you child

t. autism

why does taylor swift do this to some people?

Larkin is highbrow r9k

FUCKING SNAKEEEE

Fuck, Taylor Swift is exactly the type of person who would play a 6-string banjo

Do what? I'd have spoken up in any woman's defense if they were thus casually insulted without justification

What about in a man's defense if he were similarly attacked. A man you didn't know and one who would never have sex with you.

>do you treat men and women the same?
>no?
>ZOMG you sexist bigot!!!

I am under no illusion that Taylor Swift will ever have sex with me

I don't think my defense of Taylor was all that uncalled for, and I'd probably offer the same defense to any man thus slandered. But in general I don't behave the same towards men as towards women—women are different, and yes, I'd defend a woman's honor more quickly than a man's.

>any man thus slandered
>a woman's honor

So how has your day been so far, user? Done anything besides jerk off and watch anime?

she's a slut with fake boobs and covered with four layers of makeup, get over it

Yeah, I did a bit of reading

>le blue eyes and blonde hair xDDD" meme of course

you answered your own question. What do you expect from people who denounce "degeneracy" yet idolize Milo and Tina Tequila