Why do the nerds on here not like Percy Jackson? :(

Why do the nerds on here not like Percy Jackson? :(

Other urls found in this thread:

m.xhamster.com/movies/1009675/queensnake_com_vagina_tacks_2.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My nephew loves those books, but why on earth would any self-respecting man be reading YA?

No idea what a YA is, but I'm 13; now does it make sense that I like these books? And to be honest, they're not even kids books. In my opinion, they're for around 7-25 or somethin'.

Young adult. Why are you hitting up Veeky Forums at this age? But yeah you're the target audience. Their appeal probably ends in the upper teens

MODS

Oh thanks, makes sense now; and this seems like the perfect age to go on Veeky Forums.

Excuse me?

This is what I mean about them hating PJ. They call mods just because I'm talking about a book on literature. Read the sticky, you fucking idiot.

No,is because you are 13

No, it's because it's PJ. It's happened every time I've mentioned this book on here; even when I didn't mention my age. :l

Enjoy your ban

And why might I be banned, hmm?

Your age is obvious in how you type and your taste. Enjoy your children's books while you're a kid, but don't try to pass it off as some high minded literary work by mentioning it in a place where we discuss real literature.

>Veeky Forums is for the discussion of literature, specifically books (fiction & non-fiction)

>books (fiction & non-fiction)

>books (fiction)

I'm not passing it off as some Shakespeare shit, I'm just wondering why idiots like you don't consider it literacy when it's quite clearly a book.

You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

Well that's stupid, isn't it? I'm sure half of the people on this website are under 18 anyway. Like imagine all the 12 year olds on /b/ and /a/?

>baiting this hard

Assuming you're serious, I recommend you read a real book, then you'll see that what you like right now is nothing in comparison. If you want to be able to discuss literature like the rest of us, you need to begin with these three books.

Infinite Jest
Ulysses
Gravity's Rainbow

Those are in order of difficulty, so I recommend you start with IJ. Come back after you've finished, it should only take a month or so of regular reading. I recommend reading before bed, you retain information better. Happy reading, future literature expert!

which is why those boards are shit

Thanks for the advice and not being rude like the others; but desu I just do it for fun. It sounds fun being a reading expert but; not my style. And yes I'm serious :l

Good point.

If you like reading for fun I really recommend Ulysses by James Joyce then. It has a lot of greek mythology like the PJ series, so you should understand it quite well.

Oh; thanks. I'll look it up right now.

Fuck, Veeky Forums really is a humorless bunch of autists.

Pretty obvious baitsauce

If you can (not making any judgements) I'd purchase a physical copy from a bookstore. It's better for your eyes, and you can start a collection!

Not bait.

The book is pretty old, but it seems cool. And yea Physical copies are much better. I'll consider buying it!

le troled
It's a difficult book especially for someone not well-read
Most allusions and references will go over your head, although if you're irish and know your history maybe less. Not the best way to get into literature

Thoughts?

m.xhamster.com/movies/1009675/queensnake_com_vagina_tacks_2.html