So is Zizek a meme or is he really liked on here?

So is Zizek a meme or is he really liked on here?

Other urls found in this thread:

versobooks.com/blogs/1365-some-bewildered-clarifications-a-response-to-noam-chomsky-by-slavoj-zizek
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A liked meme.

I can be happy with this answer

A liked meme here.
No more relevant in universities than Dawkins or Nye.

Can I get you some fucking juice

Ish dish not Hejellian shynfeshish in itch puresht forrm? *sniff scratch and so on*

>shynfeshish
spotted the redditor

why the fuck is every goddamn thread trying to measure Veeky Forums's likes and dislikes? Where the fuck are you people coming from?

New people are not lurking much and are testing the waters of Veeky Forums. It means new people are coming to the board user :)

I like him unironically.

Chomsky says he's bullshit and I'd rather side with Chomsky than some eastern european.

They had an email argument and Zizek being a good Hegelian kept pointing out and laughing about the dialectics and not really taking anything seriously.

I like his better books unironically. I'm not necessarily with him on everything but I like some of his readings of Hegel and I do believe that politically, he is on the right tracks.

Also his way of reading cinema is great as well. Unironically.

I dislike him unironically.

>Unironically.
I feel like Nippon-Moot should add some kind of IJesque footnoting system so we can reach peak sincerity when needed.

yeah

I'd call him a good public intellectual and a mediocre philosopher. He's more of an innovative apologist to Lacan, Hegel, & Freud than an original thinker

Only idiots don't take Žižek seriously.

>Hejellian
>j

You dun goofed

Veeky Forums is the intellectual standard of Veeky Forums, so anons want to know what's trending here before they shitpost about it elsewhere.

yeah I think we like him

I don't agree with him, but how could you not like him? he's adorable

Only idiots take writers seriously

Wow deep wow

my gott, thiss

Mostly this, but I haven't read much of his stuff, only a few things. Honestly I enjoy his take on a lot of things but he is not the sort of thinker that I would want to tell other people I'm reading.

>Ashkenazi Jewish

I'm being serious

Any halfway intelligent person can admire a writer without taking them "seriously". I take Zizek as Zizek, which means laughing at him as Cervantes laughs at Don Quixote—my disdain is very slight—and I even think he is often noble, sometimes entirely in the right. But it's mentally effeminate to "take someone seriously".

Chomsky is a counterrevolutionary that appeals to counterrevolutionaries who want to think they are revolutionaries.

Ok idiot.

He's a meme
we like him because he's a meme
sniff and so on
my god judy
trashcan toilet ideology
i don't mean
stalin of course
hehe.

I'm going to risk a general statement here:

If we take the basic form of your statement,

>So-and-so is a counter-X that appeals to counter-Xes who want to think they are Xes.

I think that this statement would be so oversimplified as to be meaningless no matter how you filled in those blanks

Chomsky is a moralizing anarchist. He's basically a fucking liberal.

>offers juice
>only has pepsi max and diet icetea

this i claim is ideology

I really dislike people memeing 'my gott' since he consistently says 'my god' as part of his anglophone mannerisms, nothing german about any of it

>being this autistic about trying to mimic accent via text
my gott

His hierarchy of formal languages shows why he could not communicate with a deep thinker like Foucault-- he thinks in dualisms.

I got tired of hearing/reading the same jokes and stories he always tell. Sometimes he pops a new one and it's almost refreshing.

Zizek can be fun to watch on youtube, but his books are far more interesting and deserve to be taken seriously. I know Lacan quite well (Hegel a bit less) and I don't think you can fully grasp what he's saying if you don't have any notion of psychoanalysis (Lacan especially) and German Idealism. The books I prefered are Looking Awry (although he's not at his best when writing on cinema), his first published book on Lacan and Hegel, Tarrying with the Negative, and a more recent one, Less than Nothing, which is basically a sum of everything he said in his previous works.

Thanks for your retarded post. To call someone a counterrevolutionary implies certain things, and to call someone who postures as a radical revolutionary a counterrevolutionary implies certain things. Get back to me when you find out what that word means for thinkers in the same wheelhouse as me.

you're welcome

Foucault was just a gay, AIDS-addled Nietzsche LARP'er.

Chomsky is only good for giving angsty teens who listen to RATM some idea of left-wing politics. Beyond that he's nothing special or outright shit depending on the issue

/comfy/

My favorite band is Anton Webern and Chomsky is GOD.

It's too late, the superiority complex has subsumed the man

This is the kind of remembrance of authoritarianism past that delights Zizek, one of whose formative experiences was being in Prague during the spring of 1968, just as Russian tanks rolled in. "I found there, on the central square, a café that miraculously worked through this emergency," he says. "I remember they had wonderful strawberry cakes, and I was sitting there eating strawberry cakes and watching Russian tanks against demonstrators. It was perfect." Zizek has since developed diabetes, which makes the memory more poignant still.

Is Zizek the Ernst Jünger of our times?

Probably. Who's Ernst Jünger?

>baiting so hard

Don't talk to me or my Stalin bust ever again.

>he is not the sort of thinker that I would want to tell other people I'm reading.

it may be wrong, I think, to take other people seriously—but it is every kind of evil and stupidity to take yourself seriously. I don't know if I'm superior to anybody else, but I doubt it—certainly not superior to mr. Zizek—but we should be very unchristian, I think, if we could not laugh at anything unless we thought it beneath us.

>Who's Ernst Jünger?
popped a vein i'm sweating

His books contain a lot of interesting ideas, but his absolute refusal to expound his philosophy systematically is extremely frustrating. I think that will ultimately deny him any lasting philosophical or critical significance. You can get away with obscurity if you're a particularly good writer (as with Nietzsche), but unfortunately Zizek's prose usually reads like a parody of social science academics.

Good point :^)

That pic is too damn funny.

l'austisme

If he accepted the title of comedian he'd be the funniest man on Earth. I don't even mean that as a derogatory term.

He is the court jester of Hegelian philosophy.

>Don't talk to me or my Stalin bust ever again.
underrated post

seconded
Veeky Forums can use TeX in their posts, we should be able to have footnotes

I thought he did go for jelly Hegel when speaking. False memories are real kids.

Kek

pls b trl

Serbians from the alpes. Thats how my grandfather used to call slovenians.

They're relatively Lutheran tho. I suppose it makes less difference now.

The funny thing about Zizek is the fact that all these clever kids coming out of the universities are so intellectually crippled by the time they leave with New Age Bullshit, that they cannot discern whether he is a Fraud or the Real Deal. As for my opinion, I say Zizek is mercenary and cynical as fuck, with his Marxist/Hegelian/Lacanian litany of maddening ideologemes being Intellectual Capital in the truest sense of that term. He gives his talks on the ideological elements in Star Wars, Batman, or Harry Potter, he gets his fee, and the kids who come out to hear him speak go home feeling Enlightened.

damn, incredible what dialectics can do to a man

>eastern european
Southern European

>Southern European
Central European

>slovenia
>central
Turk detected

I bet you believe that Slovenia is a balkan country.

>ex yugo
>not balkan
I bet you think Cyprus belongs to Turkey

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They need validation from a group of people because they are sheep.

Pics pls?

>not everyone will know what the dialectic can do to a man

truly this is the great tragedy of existence

I can't find it. I'm sure they did email each other but I can't find it, but iirc what I'm talking about was not long after this
versobooks.com/blogs/1365-some-bewildered-clarifications-a-response-to-noam-chomsky-by-slavoj-zizek

Gotta love that cheeky Chomsky has the mind of 12 year old really not really bantz I'm p sure I was thinking of a comment that came out of that whole Chomsky saying Zizek misunderstood or misquoted me business and at one point Zizek after apologising again made a comment in reference to that about dialectics working really well.

I think the sorer point is about Constantinople/Istanbul especially now.

Veeky Forums predicted the post-ironic ruin that is the big Chan. It is the oracle and the standard of intellect throughout this imageboard.

I find him hard to follow, but I still like watching his lectures and talks, hoping I will catch some shred of illumination.

This was the end of the thread you absolute shitposting twats.

You're all faggots. Chomsky does all of the heavy lifting for the left.

on this board, whatever opinion you have, SOMEBODY will somehow have the extreme opposite opinion. don't you know that by now?

Zizek is good as a marxist-lacanian. His homology between surplus value and surplus enjoyment is GOD tier.

Everything else I find either underwhelming or difficult to understand the significance of but he's such an honest and self-conscious guy that I find it hard not to trust his thinking.

people who make *sniff* jokes and the like should be hung from a tree

it's just so embarrassing to see because zizek has a lot of respect for chomsky, their disagreement is pretty minor and in my opinion is just over the fact that they can't get over that one false attribution about obama being a tanned white man

the worst part is the obviously false things that zizek supporters accept, like when he says that the importance of theory is the ability to do critique of ideology as though chomsky himself hasn't spent a vast amount of his career on that exactly

either way, i find them both valuable but on a case by case basis if i care about a better representation of the situation i'll go to chomsky first. there's a lot about economics that zizek doesn't know