So hows CERN going?

Proving all those theories in physics like string theory and quantum physics right?

I'm scared they'll destroy earth.

It literally hasn't proven 1 thing all this time. It just gives more "evidence" of "what might be true", but not absolute facts. Even the "discovery" of the Higgs Boson isn't fully correct, but popsci tards don't know that.

>candidate boson
>possible Higgs boson
>Following the 2012 discovery, it was still unconfirmed whether or not the 125 GeV/c2 particle was a Higgs boson.

CERN is nothing but a farm for grant chasing.

CERN is the defintion of red herring in the physics world

For a portal to hell or pseudoscience without foundation?

Elaborate?

Strange matter conversion.

I've lived in CERN the self-service cafe is really nice and comfy.

Its not working its a waste of money and time and isn't proving anything. Its just built on a hunch and its not working out.

Now physics has to go back the drawing board and think of some other kook idea because they don't know how shit works.

That's what i mean.

>inb4 if you jump up you come down

>pseudoscience

lol, there are no actual proofs in physics, what did you expect?

CERN invented the internet -> enough for me

>mfw popscifags like you don't understand positivism

CERN has given a wealth of data that is inaccessible from other currently running accelerators because of its CoM energy scale. New data is always good, despite what people outside the field think. The higgs boson has 5-sigma confirmation behind it, making its candidate particle essentially equivalent to the higgs and enough proof to award the nobel prize for its discovery. We have so much data now that our PDF sets for many QCD interactions have significantly improved, bettering our models.

>It just gives more "evidence" of "what might be true"

That's kind the point of the scientific method...

Only it doesn't actually confirm it.

Useless grant chaser spotted.

>wealth of worthless data

CERN is a money sink.

>significantly improved, bettering our models

Which are about fucking nothing at all and completely worthless.

CERN is the Vatican of Science, just as worthless as the real Vatican.

>Positivism
when dealing with the complete lack of any positive assertions or data. kek.

>hurr all we have is data
>we don't have any data
w33k b8

Nice arguments, faggot.

Stating facts isn't arguing, it is just stating facts, kid.

If CERN proves the existence of the graviton particle will it have all be worth it?

What is worth anyways? We're just a bunch of fuckin chimps with nothing better to do.

>im just being an idiot

okay...

What the hell would consist of "proof"?

Also, OP: supersymmetry got btfo.

>New data is always good, despite what people outside the field think.

That's not the question, the question is if it's the best use of all that money (even within physics and trying to gain understanding of the universe).

>proofs
>experimental science
don't forget to kill yourself

lol

I'm scared they will create a portal to pseudoscience

Probably funded by tax payers money

Every alien civilization tries these experiments and ends up obliterating themselves, that is why we haven't heard from any.

You can't "confirm" anything. This isn't raw maths, it's science.

>Facts.
You meant "personal opinions" right?

>If CERN proves the existence of the graviton particle will it have all be worth it?

Sure but the main word in that sentence is 'if'

What if einstein and newton got it wrong. What if our understanding of gravity is wrong and we are looking in the wrong direction.

This has happened in science before.

We have mathematic fundamentals down, but anything beyond particles and atoms is all theoretical. We don't have a reliable way of analysing atoms and particles yet, which will hopefully happen soon. Probably not though since big projects like CERN are just moneypots.

Still no portal to hell.
It was a big failure.

>science doesn't confirm
This is such an important but simple and obvious fact that it baffles me that some people don't get it. I'm glad you do.

u got owned by this fag: >"still unconfirmed whether or not the 125Gev/c2 particle was a Higgs boson"
>mfw u don't even mention integer spin
> u fucking troll pleb moron
>l2QCD bitch

OP is a faggot