What a sad, angry little man

What was his problem?

>It's a summerfag didn't understand Dosto after spending 3 minutes reading his wikipedia biography thread

Tie a laaaarge knot f4m

a split second before your execution you're suddenly let go
>it's a prank bro
I'd imagine something like that won't fuck with your head

He.....he had a hard life desu

That's the face of a man who has spend his entire life without ever seeing a tight meme. Times must have been hard for him.

Anybody with such a profound sense of humour as Dostoevsky cannot have been sad or angry, he may have been a manlet but that has nothing to do with his literary merit.

>No strong female characters

He's not worth reading.

When does this boogeyman meme end? No, seriously. I'm waiting, it's annoying.

boogeyman meme? I don't get it

Sonia from Crime & Punishment is one of the strongest female characters in the history of literature; she is a meditation on feminine innocence, a phenomenology and hermeneutics of the religious significance of womanhood.

He was a fucking white male. I doubt he was capable of seeing through his biased patriarchal worldview.

Patriarchy is a myth, a sociological chimera

A prostitute in a Dostoevsky book, never saw THAT coming.

Then according to that rationale, women can't write male characters. Blacks can't write non-black characters, etc. It's like forcing people to date others from their race, except in written form. White males can only write white male characters. I disagree.

You could degrade the significance of the character by saying she is merely a tart with a heart, something like mistress Overdone or Doll Common...

user, the other user wasn't serious. He saw an sjw meme a while ago and now he thinks that it's witty to make overused jokes about opinions that aren't even held by 0,5% of the people in the world.

>Reading into something that isn't there.

Bait?

Anyway he wasn't an angry man, probably sad at times, but it was hardly his defining characteristic.

He was the exact opposite of the Underground-man. Basically he was the perfect model of the existential Christian/ Knight of Faith.
He was smart enough to see nihilism and the conclusions people would draw from it and yet still had enough will to not fall into any of them.
His books are barren and Godless for a reason and a person has to be strong to avoid becoming the Underground-man.

His life was hard, read a biography of something, but he still braved it all and held onto hope and God and love and all that stuff.
There are people on Veeky Forums right now whose lives are so much easier (not just in the physical sense, but also the on going mental battles) and just cave to nihilism and depression.
If more people looked up to him the world would be a better place.

>he wasn't an angry man

kek,
my man, he had a gambling addiction.

Also, read his wife's diary. One time in Germany he literally destroyed a waiter for bringing him the wrong thing. "Not angry"

Most people on Veeky Forums are Existentialists. They're just really shitty at it.

Did you only read notes from underground and also not get it?

Joyce was a cock irl too but he still wrote beautiful life affirming novels.

>a phenomenology and hermeneutics
Holy shit fucking stop

I thought the OP was talking about angry in the way the Underground-man was angry.
The way nihilistic people worship their anger and frustration and let it define their lives. It was probably in his nature to be that way but he still fought against it and did see it as a bad thing.

Maybe I misinterpreted the OP though.

There was no reason for me to believe he wasn't serious. Any statement produced anonimously on any written form can be serious unless otherwise specified. Sarcasm is based on a myriad social cues from which written form is absent.

We're on Veeky Forums. Finding a genuine feminist, let alone a meme-tier feminist, is unlikely as fuck.

He struggled with faith, he loved debating on both sides, believers and non-believers.

Yes this, he's incredibly funny. I love how he portrays anxiety and when people go "over-board" and make fools of themselves.

What, you've never had a bad day?

Many people fall to gambling. Getting rich quick appeals to everyone.

Dounya is stronger desu

Sex object.
She gets fetishized as a gun girl by that fat dude.

b8

>Yes this, he's incredibly funny

I've only read C&P and NFTU, both were good but neither was very funny. Which are his funniest? I currently own a copy of Demons because somehow I got the idea it was a funny book.

I haven't even read that yet, it's in the mail.

I don't really mean funny like a comedy all the way through, just sometimes. It's kind of subtle, the way characters act or talk.