Recently I picked this book up (I'm not like a physics student or something) just a guy who likes this stuff...

Recently I picked this book up (I'm not like a physics student or something) just a guy who likes this stuff. Anyway my question is there any other books like this that I will enjoy. You know like not dealing with the math but explaining it how hawking does.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GhRiLP32qfs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A Universe from nothing Lawrence Krauss: Cosmos Carl Sagan: A Briefer History of Time Stephen Hawking: Billions and Billions Carl Sagan: The Grand Design Stephen Hawking:

Physics without Math is so dumb

What's the point?

In Search of Schroedinger's Cat.

Our Mathematical Universe.

The Elegant Universe.

The End of Time by Julian Barbour

I'll spend some of my energy to tell you a few things.
First, you are one adorable monkey to my eyes, a really stupid one, since what you just said is wrong, since you can talk about math using words, one plus one is two, and you can understand nature without understanding math, you drop an apple, it falls and so on :)
a small tiny lecture to you, understand it.

And since you are not in, you don't want to know how to.. for example know how to calculate how to get your dream job? Like I have.. or.. How to be the perfect father?
Those are all states of everything in existence, plausible ones.

And yes, I am aware this is waste of time, like trying to teach algebra to a dog, but to others here who don't get this, be humble, don't attack me, but the theories, we will never be finished, but we can use these for literally anything..

be smart, for once in your life at least.

>you drop an apple, it falls
yeah, but you don't know how it falls, what's the point? it's barely understanding

The briefly story of almost everything

also, i am thrilled to know how you explain quantification of particles without formulas and experimental results... the whole point is lost without those

>The elegant universe
>Cosmos
>Universe in a Nutshell
And if you want some sci-fi to furnish your collection (they are very helpful since alot of them can be treated as thought experiments about the future of science, space travel, society etc etc):
>The Forever War (beautiful illustration of the impact of relativistic space travel)
>I, Robot (A.I. and Azimov, nuff said)
>Rendezvous with Rama (Clarkes masterpiece, beautiful world building)
>Dune (more of a Fantasy in the future than a sci fi, read it anyway)
>and probably Brave New World (more about the progression of society than science and physics, disturbing and masterful in equal parts. If you ever find out what Huxley means by 'pneumatic' as a desciption for women let us all know)

waiting for

>Pneumatic: containing or operated by air or gas under pressure.

Seems about right for a description of women desu

Ignore the meme responses, read einsteins own relativity book for laymen. The special theory is not hard qualitatively and his approach for laymen is all thought experiments. Very readable and worth it

quantum enigma physics encounters consciousness

A book about the conceptual side of QM with no math.

Explaining without the math isn't explaining at all, faggot.
Jesus christ, go back to r e d d i t with this pop-sci shit.

obvious bait but I still feel a strong desire to strangle you

I love this pasta

Mein Kampf by A. Hitler

Is there were we circle jerk about pop-sci pros and cons now?

Not OP but these are cool suggestions. Saved all, thanks Veeky Forums

gtfo

The Particle at the End of the Universe by Sean Carroll.

I posted but it never appeared...

Sean Carroll's The Particle at the End of the Universe is a really good book about the search for and discovery of the Higgs boson.

A universe from nothing is pop Sci pretending to answer philosophical questions.

The science in there isn't sound and neither are the conclusions.

Read godell escher Bach instead.
It teaches set theory in laymans terms and applies it to art music and computer science

Stop being afraid of basic math and read the manga guide series.

Quantum mechanics by Albert messiah
Anything that says "_____ for engineers" such as calculus of variations for engineers.
Calculus of multiple variables.
Partial Differential equations.
Einstein's theory.

Leave

this

Ugh! If you only knew... Forget that book, and any like it. Believe it or not, it's just a diversion; there to make you feel intellectually small, and have you thinking you cannot understand the world around you. You can. The truth has been hidden from you, but if you trust me enough to give me six hours of your time, I will show you something that will change the way you see the world, the way you think, your very life. I'm going to give you a link for a video. Your first instinct will be to reject it, but if you watch it through, you will never see anything in the same light again. You're going to know what it's about as soon as you get to the link. But before you reject it, think on this: it could be right. I've checked it out, and I finally found out why I've been confused about the world I live in. Here it is: youtube.com/watch?v=GhRiLP32qfs

Thanks for the recommend just watched the whole thing 10/10, they are right if the Earth was spinning all of the water would fly off

>Tfw local bookstore has a section for these kinds of books
>Want to go there and check out what they have but the sign above says "smart thinking" and I don't want to be seen as an intellectual piece of shit

The grand design is fucking great.

Best science book ever. Carl Sagan BTFO.