Starting Pre-calc tomorrow and I cant even algebra. How fucked am I?

Starting Pre-calc tomorrow and I cant even algebra. How fucked am I?

Not fucked at all. Do practice it though, you'll need the algebra in calculus (and you are fucked at that point if you don't have it).
Any algebra you need in pre-calculus gets explained to you.

Wew, thanks for the confidence m8. I'm extremely motivated to learn and do well now, I just fucked off in high school and never learned the stuff.

xD haha xD nigga in math like xD yooo xDDDD when will i use dis ever? XD

>Starting Pre-calc tomorrow and I cant even algebra. How fucked am I?

pretty fucked m8. Calculus is literally one new concept wrapped up in high speed algebra and trig. people who struggle with calc aren't bad at calc, they are bad at algebra and can't keep up in a course where the professor expects this shit to be muscle memory. you're going to be that kid who asks "where'd that go?" questions.

i'm in the same boat. i have 7 weeks left before university starts and i'm doing a bit of khanacademy here and there. i fully expect to flunk my calc classes, but my degree program isn't focused on maths alone, so i'll probably be fine.

if you're going to a half decent university and you program is mostly maths, expect to drop out. you absolutely need algebra.

Shit.

Welp, guess there's always (((liberal arts)))

If you can't wrap your head around algebra there's a strong possibility you are legitimately retarded. Children can be taught algebra. Children!

>children can learn field theory

I have no trouble understanding the concepts and applying them, it's just the rote memorization of rules that I find mind numbing.

I can't tell if you all are terrible trolls or just fucking stupid.
This is Veeky Forums, not /b/.

What the fuck is hard about Algebra? It's literally the most logical topic of mathematics, there's nothing to memorize and you can pretty much go through the motions solving anything.

When your professor assigns all odd # hw, do the even # problems too

Invest $5 in symbolab

Symbolab is free though

The only way you ever get good at anything, and I mean ANYTHING be it sports or music or flirting is by extreme repetition so you should either learn to deal or prepare for a life of regret and mediocrity.

Step by step solutions and upper level math is not free!

fucking kek

>memorization
I don't know what you're doing, but you're not doing math right

Are you saying learning algebra has nothing to do with memorization of rules?

>Step by step solutions
t-they are though, I can see the steps of integrating almost anything I want

Algebra isn't a real subject

It's literally basic math but with undefined symbols instead of numbers

Try a double integration

OP, precalc is 100% algebra with no actual calculus. Learn the algebra now! Because i guarantee you that the hardest part of calculus is algebra.

>I cant even algebra.

How?? Didn't you go to school?

I got As in calc 1-3 and an A in differential equations. The only class I have a C in on my entire transcript is precal.

Study as hard as you can, now. The algebra is probably the most important thing you will need to master in the next year or 2.

They will cover it in Precalc.

Go on libgen.io right now and obtain George F Simmons "Precalculus in a nutshell" it's a tiny book you could finish in a weekend if you committed yourself, explains the rules of algebra, geometry and trig and everything else you'll just learn in class like Unions (if they cover it in precalc, dunno Sheldon Axler does in his Precalculus book).

Math is learn by doing, so if you don't do any exercises you're not learning any math.

The key is DOING THE EXERCISES.

It is taught incorrectly.

All these students are taught magic in highschool, and not what math really is which is finding patterns, logical reasoning, ect.

They should just teach mathematical reasoning and have students prove stuff like small inequalities, deduce patterns (why is every cube sum a square?) ect.

University makes all students take Calculus because they must reteach them math. Calc is the best way to do it as it's an easy material to standardize and weed through students who don't actually know any math.

If my child doesn't know field theory by the age 7, I'm going to personally beat him with a copy of baby rudin

Learn fucking algebra. It's pretty much as simple as when you move something to the opposite side of an equals sign you do the opposite operation to compensate for its movement (you cancel the cunt out).

x + 4 = 12
Subtract 4 from both sides
x + 4 (- 4) = 12 (- 4)
Because there was a positive four you got rid of it by using the opposite operating (subtraction) of the same magnitude (four); giving you...
x = 8

And you can put the answer for x (eight) back into the equation and you'll find that both sides will equate.

Simple algebra operations are just and extension of this. Even slightly harder things like index rules are just a simple extension of this.

Did you literally not turn up to math class in high school?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.
>And you can put the answer for x (eight) back into the equation and you'll find that both sides will equate.

I never thought of that now and I'm starting calc 1 in the fall. This literally made me have a mind orgasm when it comes to algebra. Good thing I'm 19 and not a 25 year old barely finding this out. I think this will have a positive impact on my math life. In all honesty, thank you for posting that. And I'm not joking.

>he's 19 and he didn't understand that
>he's starting university without getting that

How did you do the SAT or ACT
How are you alive
Were you dropped on your head as a baby