Spaceship 1 has one rocket engine pointed in one direction

Spaceship 1 has one rocket engine pointed in one direction.

Spaceship 2 has two rocket engines pointed at 90 degrees to each other.

Do they both generate the same amount of force?

Total force? Yeah.
Total acceleration in the positive y? No.

If you were to take the vector components of the right side, the x-components would cancel out, leaving just the y-components going straight up.

I think the combined y-components is less than the left side, however. Because of angles and stuff.

>Because of angles and stuff.

>this is how engineers actually think

I'm aiming to go into Physics next year, all the stuff I know is what I've learned over the past year on my own, so bear with me if I couldn't figure out the proper way to phrase what I wanted to say.

TL;DR stop bullying me.

The right side would have the vertical force equal to sqrt(2)/2 times that of the left.

Also, because you made me feel insecure:

It would be less because it's multiplied by sin(theta)

I think.

jfc fuck you

u a boipussi

People are literally posting physics 101 shit on this board.
Go to a DEDICATED Q/A FORUM YOU FAGGOTS.
GET OFF MY BOARD REEEEEE

But physics books are too hard to understand.

You mean forums, not books. And it comes with the field. I'm not saying browse them for fun, but ask a question on Stack Exchange and get a speedy answer from someone who wants to answer, and who will answer effectively and CORRECTLY. You could get 3 different answers here, and will likely be called a faggot normie, which you are, reeeeee

>redirecting the normies to StackExchange

You are doing God's work, user.

+1

Is Stack Exchange actually good? Your meme frog makes me skeptical.

Force? Yes. What a stupid question. You probably meant something else.

Why do you care what I think? Go there and make the judgment for yourself.

[spoiler]It's pretty aight, though.[/spoiler]

I always thought it was fantastic for programming questions. I never tried to ask questions on it, though. I only ever googled questions, and read the answers that were already on stack overflow.

I'm trying to learn physics on my own and it sucks and is really hard, and I don't have anyone to ask questions of when I get stuck.

The net force is not the same, you fucking monkeys.

Total=/=Net

It's actually good. It's DEFINITELY better than this place, at any rate. Less shitposting, too.

>It's DEFINITELY better than this place,
I don't know. There are several posters on Stack Exchange who unironically visit Less Wrong. In any case, you can usually get a serious answer in the stupid questions thread here, and the people aren't fucking crazy.

>the people here aren't crazy

I'm here, and I unironically visit lesswrong.