What's the best science, Veeky Forums ?

Hypothetical situation :
Let's say you have to teach a spoiled brat about sciences, let's make him 18 years old. He's mature enough to understand complex things, but he never went to school so he sucks at everything and doesn't know anything other than his own representation of the world. I made him 18 years old so that you can talk to him as a mature fella and go all out on your lessons. You will help him for two years or so.

What do you do ? What the most primordial thing he needs to know ?

> tl:dr : it's a metaphorical way of asking what the most primordial science you believe a human being needs to master

Math first, then build physics on that foundation

He's you.

The most useful thing a person can know is how they operate. The human experience. The needs and desires and motivations that spawn from instincts.

There aren't that many great resources that distill it in a non-gay way, but that realm would definitely be the most interesting and useful for someone who is not STEM-inclined.

>he never went to school
wow how did this even happen?
I ask him to go to a second-chance school to pick up basic skills like arithmetic, that are essential to everyday life, and wish him the best of luck.

By the way I don't understand your question. Is it supposed to be bait? What is this?

It's not me, just genuinely intrigued about your priorities in general knowledge.
What's primordial ? What's futile to learn ? What comes after what ?

The first thing I would do is learn pre-calc arithmetic.

When you have a strong pre-calc mathematical base, you can study a lot of things with that.

After you do that and you decide you are interested in things that require more advanced mathematics, pick up Calculus and work through an introductory textbook of your subject of interest.

>arithmetic

Meant Algebra. Manipulating equations is crucial.

>What do you do ?

beat the shit out of him every day for 2 years and basically treat him as horribly as i can. starvation, torture, whatever.

people like that won't change until they hit rock bottom.

>18
>mature
Try 25, on average.

edgy

the truth usually is. what makes you think a fuck up of 18 years is going to get his shit together all of a sudden?

more like 30 tbqh.

Well I wasn't that motivated at 18 years old, but if you had a good education and you're interested by learning, you can learn a lot at that age. I've learned statistics, chemistry and physics at that age.

I meant it as hypothetical situation where you could have a "blank page", a human without any knowledge, it wasn't meant to be a jugement on his lifestyle or anything. Stop trying to justify your sociopathic behaviors

>t wasn't meant to be a jugement on his lifestyle or anything

then why did your hypothetical teenager a spoiled brat? him being a blank slate wasn't implied.

Don't you ever touch me or my hypothetical son again.

Full math with an emphasis on calculus and geometry, then split his time between math and physics. Start with a lot of basic mechanics (some observational stuff we can do for free), optics and circuits, then move on to more abstract things.
In any case, the emphasis should be put on tangible things (ie. arithmetic, geometry and then everyday physics)

Build a broad freshman level foundation then let him go in w/e direction he wants.

well meme'd

Ew lads, mathematics seem to be a great thing to understand in life.
But it's not even PURE.

>I made him 18 years old so that you can talk to him as a mature fella and go all out on your lessons.

also, this is kinda bad if this is a blank slate person. you totally missed out on some of the most formative years of a persons brain. great mathematicians are hitting their peak at 18. the kid is a sunken cost at that age.

Such "hypothetical" questions are typically asked by children. I mean, "the best science"?
If you ask this question past the age of 16 you should check with your doctor, not joking or anything.

I was asking if it was bait hoping you were just pretending to be a child/retarded. But I guess you're not.

Your list is awful

Make a better one or stfu

You're actually right, I remember children asking this sort of question but I'm not offended at all by this.
My idea was to see everyone's position on sciences, I'm getting into neurosciences but neurosciences need biology and chemistry, etc.
That's the span of my idea, the rest and the example is a little bit goofy but I don't mind and I've seen the answers. Maths seem to be the necessary thing to build up knowledgen then followed by physics.
I'm not expecting everyone to fight over "their best science" like it's some football team, I wanted to see what knowledge would be the priority to extend your grasp of comprehension of the world, whatever your goal may be.

The frontal lobe develops around 25, on average.

So ?
The frontal lobe is about executive functions, inhibition, reactions, and what we would commonly call personality.
I don't see it directly affects the maturity, having a better function control doesn't mean you'll get to work more.

right. thats when your brain stops changing all the time. most people need a few more years of being the same person.

>the kid is a sunken cost at that age.

This really hurt me.

the world is a cruel and unjust place. its best to just find a comfy spot and wait to die. or don't be comfy, you'll die no matter what.

you never have to stop learning user, don't let their weak wills stop you from trying

you may not be great but you can still be good