Post dank, obscure literary factoids

post dank, obscure literary factoids

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Heart-Dankness-Underground-Botanists-Cannabis/dp/0307720543
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dank mind

David Foster Wallace was unable to provide for himself or his fellow conversants a coherent description of water

Why don't you start, faglord?

Okay. Brett Easton Ellis, who is also know is BEE, is a little, sissy faggot.

If you're a virgin, you'll never be published since you can't understand and therefore can't communicate what it means to be human.

Nabokov married his cousin and in his journals he vaguely talked about what could be described as trying to get a daughter so he could raise her to be a sex slave.

The scientific word 'quark' comes from Finnegan's Wake.

G'damn

also the vital nectar of life comes from Finnegans Wake

Indeed, at the moment of coitus every man is one man
However counterpoint: every man who has read a line of Shakespeare is in fact William Shakespeare

sauce

> every man who has read a line of Shakespeare is in fact William Shakespeare
No?

What do you mean? It's a factoid.

Faulkner was 5' 5½", a true manlet.

Napoleon as well.

Stop picking on Borges

stop shitposting, Borges

>what are sources
Saying its a factoid doesn't make it true. Where did you see that Nabokov wanted a sex slave daughter?

sauce=source btw

That's the point, factoids aren't true. Gotcha!

There's a book that's a parody of the title of "Heart of darkness" called "Heart of Dankness"
amazon.com/Heart-Dankness-Underground-Botanists-Cannabis/dp/0307720543

My great grandfather who was born and raised in San Gabriel, Jalisco, Mexico would tell my father stories about how Juan Rulfo would often travel back into town from Mexico City. Rulfo spent a majority of his youth in San Gabriel. Anyways, according to these stories, most of the townspeople of SG knew Rulfo would make it back into town and would attempt to locate him. Rulfo was a know recluse, but my grandfather claimed, along with others around the town, that Rulfo was seen stalking the night and peer into people's windows and observe them. And would just walk away if he was spotted. This according to him was done so as to get the spirit of small town Mexico; smelling the food, hearing the chatter, observing mannerisms, etc... and he believed was done in order to inspire him to write Pedro Paramo. Dunno if it's true, but I always got chills hearing these anecdotes. Rulfo is one of my fave writers, and he captured Mexico perfectly.

The longest word ever made was a description of lightning in Finnegans Wake

The idea of napoleon being short came from a comversion error. He is closer to 5 10, the average height of a Frenchman

Santiago Posteguillo has two books about literary factoids and anecdotes:
-La noche en que Frankenstein leyó El Quijote, Planeta, 2012
-La sangre de los libros, Planeta, 2014

Both are amazing books.

But OP asked for factoids which is what I just gave.

One should always start with the Greeks.

napoleon was 5'7, taller than the average frenchman at the time.

>tfw nobody knows what factoid means

A factoid is basically hearsay. Like a mouthbreathing journalist saying something that isnt really confirmable

Also can be put it in the air i.e. "Is Obama a Secret Muslim?'

James Joyce feared dogs and thunders.

i thought it was literally a little fact

Definition by Cambridge
an interesting piece of information

Definition by Oxford
1 An item of unreliable information that is reported and repeated so often that it becomes accepted as fact
1.1 North American A brief or trivial item of news or information

Definition by Merriam-Webster
1: an invented fact believed to be true because it appears in print
2: a briefly stated and usually trivial fact

So, yeah

would this information (that dictionary definitions of "factoid" contradict one another) itself count as a factoid?

DFW got it in on Zadie Smith

Taylor Swift eats moles in bunker underground

Nietzsche ate seven pounds of fruit per day.

My Ass!

I'm the greatest writer of the last twenty years, but I won't compromise my artistic integrity by publishing my work.

"A Reader's Manifesto" pretty much destroys all of Veeky Forums's pretensions at knowing what literature is about.

Dosto was a foot fetishist

Harold Bloom once privately confessed to a colleague that he felt there was "no value in literature and that its study was the "longest con in history."

No, that was Nabokov. Dosto called him out on it.