Waste of brain process

Are all casual hobbies (ie. used for procrastination) like video games and anime just a waste of brain processing power with what we have learned about neuroplasticity?
What about the reward system?
Is it keeping people from unlocking their true potential?

entirely depends on what you subjectively want to achieve in life.

I want to leave brainlet and NEET status

Start solving math problems and reading journals as a """"'"hobby.""""""

you literally learn nothing from anime, just read books

Just eat healthy and exercise your brain

Stop coming here then

de-stressing is an essential part of being productive.

Yes, but is doing both procrastinating and studying detrimental for the latter given that you would spend the same amount of time either way

Are videogames dumbing you down?

It depends entirely on the quality of anime and videogames
I wrote my PhD thesis on this I am now employed in a government funded research company investigating psychological behaviour in consumers of modern day media

I found through my research that people who watched high quality anime (hqa in technical term) would have a higher intelligence quotient than consumers of low quality anime (lqa)
The highest quality anime is for example umaru, nge and haruhi while low quality anime such as cowboy boombot and welcome to the ISIS will stimulate a mental degeneration in consumers.

yes, then it's obviously counter productive. go out, do sports, spent less time at home and on the pc. if you do, do it do read up on things and minimize procrastination. the key is to not get bored, because boredom leads to procrastination. care about your hygiene. all this will give you confidence. just don't try too much at first, one step at a time.

don't bother. everything is pointless in the end.

Not directly, but they're reinforcing connections in your brain that lead to habit-formatiin, meaning that if you're ever in a crisis where you have to study a lot you'll be more likely to give in to procrastination.

Not necessarily. Potentially in the sense you dont learn as much from reading a textbook. However we know that if you spend 100% of free time studying you will burn out. So, in moderation and for entertainment value it is beneficial to your mental growth.

what about Bobobo?

where can i get more info of this

Causation [math]\neq[/math] Correlation

Of course the more intelligent would have asocial hobbies.

S h o o o o o t h e e e r r o o o o o o i i n

Oh cool, it says shoot the heroin if you read it funny.

Quality bait I almsot fell for it

No it doesnt

how do you get out of the grey area of having multiple hobbies and being a jack of all trades? i like to draw, play piano, swim, lift weights, race, code, read up on math/physics texts, and im recently getting into finance with match stick stock analysis. how do i specialize in one area? im thinking i want to get into cs or physics but how.

Underrated.

>However we know that if you spend 100% of free time studying you will burn out.

If you don't show me the studies backing this up, I will suspect this is some bullshit """advice""" propagated by self-help gurus to prevent people from reaching their full potential.

>you literally learn nothing from anime
You learn a lot of stuff actually. Mangas too. I survived Physics I with Manga Guide to Physics

Name one individual who is healthy mentally who doesn't have some sort of hobby, talents, or entertainment outside of their field of study?

Dual degree then entrepreneur or respected scholar

that's not a study, m8

Chose one, get rid of all or from most of your second-priority hobbies. It is painfull and hard, but the only way, couse you have only so much time and brain-power. You have to decide, and when you make your choice, just stick to it, and work hard with that one hobby.

each one has its own appeal to me though. i think i can partially blame imageboards here for that as they exposed me to various interests. i might even take up /k/ weapon stuff.

is it just going to get worse?

When I became a good student was when I beat Dark Souls. I had to quit Dark Souls II for physics 2. I really feel like any sort of real challenge kids the mind ready for action.

yea start with simple shit like cleaning your room, trimming your nails, making a doctors appointment

beautiful bait

>I found through my research that people who watched high quality anime (hqa in technical term) would have a higher intelligence quotient than consumers of low quality anime (lqa)

Can you link your research here?

I found that sniffing the farts of cute girls has definitely improved my memory and processing speed

ppl really believe this shit?